SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 12:44:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148427 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #990 on: December 09, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »

Ran a couple of the Super License tests, I like them, but not something I'm going to knock out real quick. That Stradale at Willow Springs is a sweet ass ride. Got to pick up one of those.

Also, you can back up your GT6 game save. I've started doing so, on a 4gb thumbdrive. You never know.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #991 on: December 09, 2013, 08:47:53 PM »

Some interesting discoveries over at GT Planet: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/hidden-liveries-in-standard-cars.292722/

A selection of the unPremium (the upgraded standard) MX-5s appear to have some kind of hidden livery component, I wonder if this is a sign of things to come?

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #992 on: December 09, 2013, 09:23:24 PM »

Some interesting discoveries over at GT Planet: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/hidden-liveries-in-standard-cars.292722/

A selection of the unPremium (the upgraded standard) MX-5s appear to have some kind of hidden livery component, I wonder if this is a sign of things to come?

Doing some reading over there, and I had to laugh. One of the biggest complaints over there, was there's too many Miatas, now they're wanting to buy them all, to see the different paint jobs. Well played PD, you sneaky bastards.  :D

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #993 on: December 09, 2013, 10:12:55 PM »

Ran a couple of the Super License tests, I like them, but not something I'm going to knock out real quick. That Stradale at Willow Springs is a sweet ass ride. Got to pick up one of those.

I didn't even bother trying to gold these.  I think that I got bronze on most.

Metal

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • LeMans & F1 :P
    • HUGS Gaming Community
« Reply #994 on: December 09, 2013, 11:58:17 PM »

i've been enjoying the game, i've found that the Subie S206 NBR Challenge Package is a smart buy for completing the National B events. it qualifies for 4 or 5 events, and does very well.

also, dunno if this will help, but i recorded my Goodwood run with the X2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr2l9bmEk0g&feature=youtu.be (sound is on full, so check your volume, this car screams)

Is this thing on?
my gt profile: http://www.mygranturismo.net/33187
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/powermettle1520

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #995 on: December 10, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »

So I was online for a while last night. Many thanks to MastrGT for letting me join his event, that little Rocket is a fun car to race. I also ran with some Tunas for a while. And to top off the night, I dropped into Moose's room to see what those guys were up to.

It's kind of weird how the night transitioned for me. At first, I was super excited to be online with the new game and new physics. But race after race, my enthusiasm slowly waned. And at the end of the night I was left with the feeling that not much had changed in 4 years. I will say that I did like the qualifying procedure, although it threw me for a loop at the start not seeing the other cars on the track. But it was cool that it tells you where you currently stand as you are driving (and weird that it flashes the proximity alerts at you when you're by yourself on the track).

And for that reason, as I go up and down in my bipolar response to all things GT, today I'm feeling a bit bummed out. For years, I've wanted to see true spec racing in the game. I've wanted to simulate what those guys do around here on the weekends because I'm dying to do it for real someday. And having a simulator that allows me to pretend to race helps me get through the mid week doldrums. I even ran to iRacing for a while thinking that would be the ticket. And maybe it is. Maybe to experience a true racing simulation, you have to go completely the opposite direction and just deal with it. I don't know.

But I'm extremely frustrated right now. First of all, the one-make races ... why so few cars PD? What in the name of all that is holy prevents you from just displaying the same dealership car chooser and letting people choose a car from any that came with the game (not DLC)? What possible reason could you have for restricting it? Bimmer club wants to run Bimmers. Mazda club wants to run Mazdas. And they want to run specific cars. Why not allow them to do that? That's step one. Step two is realizing that in a one-make race, the cars from the dealer drive like ass. Allow everyone to tune the cars. I realize this is harder to work out. But it's doable. Then there's the racing liveries. I was hoping we could at least number the cars. But I guess that's not that big of a deal.

I keep coming back to the realization that this is not a racing simulator. I think I have to change my expectations. It's a driving simulator and a pretty good one. It's a car collecting game. And we can make it a racing simulator through communities like this using the same old techniques that we've used for years. It's just a shame that after all this time ... our racing options have not changed much, if at all.

End of rant. Better get back to work. I'm sure tomorrow I'll swing the other way and proclaim the game "nearly perfect" again. Meds. I need meds.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #996 on: December 10, 2013, 09:30:36 AM »

Oh, and I also wanted to bring this up:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-money-glitch-earn-20-mill-in-minutes.292831/

A guy came into one of the last rooms I was in last night and basically told us how to do this. I realize there have been money glitches before. And no, I'm not interested in cheating myself the enjoyment of earning my own cars. However, I just want to ask, does PD do this on purpose? It seems odd to me that this is out on YouTube and all the GT Forums for all to see ... and they haven't shut it down, immediately? Ok, so maybe it's not that easy. Maybe a patch takes a couple of days due to the need for QA. Still, what if they do this on purpose? What if they know that a certain percent of their users need this sort of thing to get excited about the game? What if they know that without it, the epic crying will continue forever? And how do people find them so fast? I don't believe in coincidence.

Anyways, just a thought.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #997 on: December 10, 2013, 09:54:02 AM »

Oh, and I also wanted to bring this up:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-money-glitch-earn-20-mill-in-minutes.292831/

A guy came into one of the last rooms I was in last night and basically told us how to do this. I realize there have been money glitches before. And no, I'm not interested in cheating myself the enjoyment of earning my own cars. However, I just want to ask, does PD do this on purpose? It seems odd to me that this is out on YouTube and all the GT Forums for all to see ... and they haven't shut it down, immediately? Ok, so maybe it's not that easy. Maybe a patch takes a couple of days due to the need for QA. Still, what if they do this on purpose? What if they know that a certain percent of their users need this sort of thing to get excited about the game? What if they know that without it, the epic crying will continue forever? And how do people find them so fast? I don't believe in coincidence.

Anyways, just a thought.

It'll get squashed with an update. There was a similar glitch in GT5 very early on, and it too, was done away with.
I'm not really hurting for money, so I'm staying away from the glitching.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #998 on: December 10, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »

There's another way too, I'll probably use one to get some extra cash. The (non cheating) way to get extra cash is take the Mercedes Vision GT to Route X. Basically a guaranteed win = $43,000 (in 4 minutes). If you want a ton of cars, get the cash anyway you can (short of cheating against people online). I've bought 5 or 6 cars now and am almost broke (I bought the Mazda Furai to compete against the LMP cars)

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #999 on: December 10, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »

There's another way too, I'll probably use one to get some extra cash. The (non cheating) way to get extra cash is take the Mercedes Vision GT to Route X. Basically a guaranteed win = $43,000 (in 4 minutes). If you want a ton of cars, get the cash anyway you can (short of cheating against people online). I've bought 5 or 6 cars now and am almost broke (I bought the Mazda Furai to compete against the LMP cars)

Yeah, I encountered one of them last night, ran two races and went to Home. People don't beat me at Laguna Seca by 30 seconds without some sort of "Advantage" with the laps I was turning.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1000 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:19 AM »

Anyone know how they are cheating?

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1001 on: December 10, 2013, 12:49:54 PM »

I have no idea how these guys find these glitches so damn fast.

Just racing will net you plenty of cash.  I have bought only 1 car, a Subaru BRZ, and have completed a lot of the missions/tests with what I have won.  Bank account is holding over a million credits.

Also, I'll say it again, F*CK those cones.  And, I cannot drift to save my friggin' life. :-\

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1002 on: December 10, 2013, 12:57:44 PM »

I hate the 24min of La Sarthe.  I'm not sure if it is kind of fun or just terribly frustrating.  One time, I was having a great race and then got spun out by the AI (well more than one time).  One time, I ran out of tires.  Another time, I thought I had everything worked out and was over a minute in the lead on the last lap only to run out of fuel.  The AI is insanely aggressive.  Combine that with the insane draft, the insane speeds on the Mulsanne straight and the fact that the AI can't time pulling out of the draft, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Some tips:
Spoiler for Hiden:
My race started with about 50% ground water.  I went with Racing Softs on my Anniversary edition Audi prototype equipped with a turbo.  The key to the first lap is to keep things close.  It doesn't matter if you are first or last at the end of the lap but you have to be fast enough to keep the pack close together.  This first lap is the tricky point.  Your tires start off cold and wet so are a little slippery to start with and the AI is dangerous.  If you make it to the end of the first lap, the AI will pit to change tires and leave you in the lead.  The wet road and then the cool temperature at night will keep the Racing softs in good condition until the end of you first stint at about the halfway point.  As the road dries and temperature increases, tire wear and fuel consumption go up.  I find that the car gets really squirrely when the rear tires are about halfway worn,  you don't want to be halfway around the track when your tires go.  You will need to pit one more time for both tires and fuel so you might as well go with softs again.  Mediums on the rear would last a little longer but I don't think will decrease the number of pit stops you need.  The last couple of laps it will look close but the AI will pit again before the last lap giving you some breathing space.

Great tips 11. Spoilers LOL! The AI will push you out of the racing line for sure. So when I brake way too early I get nailed, or out of Ricks way as they say. Wait, what? No it's hit Ricks95, that's it. Sounds like the one liter of fuel and use the AI as draft partners deal? 8)

Also, is this a Mission Race where there are no car alterations? If it is I understand the frustration. I,m stuck at Silverstone with a GT R.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:01:33 PM by DudeTuna »

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #1003 on: December 10, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »

Yeah, I encountered one of them last night, ran two races and went to Home. People don't beat me at Laguna Seca by 30 seconds without some sort of "Advantage" with the laps I was turning.
30 seconds :o Thats your track man. Had to be some kind of cheating for sure.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1004 on: December 10, 2013, 01:15:03 PM »

And, I cannot drift to save my friggin' life. :-\

I went back and ran some of the coffee breaks I skipped over, last night. There's something up with those 2 drifts events. I was having trouble with them too, and didn't think I should've been. I did some drifting in single player Arcade, and had no trouble at all.  :-\

Also, while we're on the drifting subject, until they do something about the tire noise, I don't see me doing a whole lot of it. I can't take that shit. Grip tire noise isn't too bad, but once you go beyond the grip level, the noise is just too much. I had my volume turned WAY down, but then you can't hear the engine.  :(
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 159   Go Up