SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 08:11:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148416 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1020 on: December 11, 2013, 12:43:43 PM »

holy shit, confirmed PP is not affected by downforce.  added a rear wing to a non-wing having standard, gained rear downforce but no change in PP.  took anniversary edition gt-r gt3, changed to max and min d/f, no change in PP.  took gt-r to route x with maxed out trans.. 5th gear good for 200mph at minimum d/f, 184mph at max.  didn't play with it more than that. 

tires not mattering to PP is weird enough, but at least they can be regulated.  This just seems goofy to me.

I actually like it.  I don't know of a real life race series that allows you to increase your horsepower if you choose crappier tires or use less downforce.  Tires should be chosen based on speed and wear.  Wing settings should be chosen based on the tradeoff between drag and downforce.  But yes a car with more downforce in general should have a higher pp than one without so if you add a wing it should increase pp but the exact setting of the wing shouldn't change it.

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #1021 on: December 11, 2013, 12:55:39 PM »

I actually like it.  I don't know of a real life race series that allows you to increase your horsepower if you choose crappier tires or use less downforce.  Tires should be chosen based on speed and wear.  Wing settings should be chosen based on the tradeoff between drag and downforce.  But yes a car with more downforce in general should have a higher pp than one without so if you add a wing it should increase pp but the exact setting of the wing shouldn't change it.

Makes sense.  Downforce being an entirely separate category for regulation is probably the most reasonable solution.  I'll just hold my breath until it happens..

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1022 on: December 11, 2013, 12:57:10 PM »

The game is typical PD.  Lots of things that are really cool and lots of things that make you wonder what the fuck they were thinking.  I've come to appreciate that PD is either unable or unwilling to make the game that I really want.  That is fine.  There is enough to like in this game that I will continue to play it but I probably won't be playing it as much as I did with GT5.  I've unlocked the S events and ran the glitch so that I have more cars than I will ever need.  Now I don't have to worry about money or finishing events or grinding and can play how I want to.

Agree. I need to adjust my expectations. But this takes an enormous amount of wind out of my sails for online racing. Maybe you were right ... maybe bailed on iRacing too soon. I really ... really expected GT to close the gap and give me a racing option that was more laid back and didn't require that I boot my Mac up into Windows. Plus you have to pay for cars and tracks and ... well everything. I really hoped that GT could do all of that and I wouldn't need a PC to enjoy sim racing.

We can make GT6 work. I'll try to keep a positive attitude about it. Lets see how long that lasts.   :)

All these sims these days have their glaring weaknesses and strengths.  It's kind of frustrating (see my simracing crossroads thread).  My two biggest issues with GT online is 1. most events here don't run when I have time. and 2. Even the weakened draft is way too strong which fundamentally changes racing.  PD can't do anything about 1 and they appear to have no intention to do anything about 2.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1023 on: December 11, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »

GT6. It's fucking epic, I got to download it last night and woke up early. I can't stop thinking about it.  ^-^

I can't believe I'm at work and I have to be a dad at home the next two days while my PS3 sits there waiting for me to make love to it.

I stayed up late on that Thurs night of release, then tried to sleep in (I like many, took the day off :D :D ) but couldn't.  I woke up at like 6:00am and had to go smoke a little pipe-weed for a good sedative :D

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1024 on: December 11, 2013, 02:38:04 PM »

Is anyone in a lobby?  I feel like I'm missing out cuz TunaWiz doesn't have as many friends as GTP_Wizard did.

to help build up my FL on my Ex_Stream_Tuna account, I went through and sent a message to all of my friends on the ExXboxfan account and asked people to please send a request to the new account to make it easier on me, and if they didn't have room for two of me, to delete the old one.

Worked out really well for me.  I probably got like 10 requests within the first hour that way :D

(Note: Watch out for this error.  It will tell you that you have reached your 100 friends limit when you try to add someone if they have reached their limit.  They have to make room first, but it makes it seem like you've reached your limit.)

also also... use the copy & Paste feature so you can get around the limit on # of ppl a message can be sent to.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:40:33 PM by ex_stream_tuna »

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #1025 on: December 11, 2013, 02:55:51 PM »

I'm sure it's been mentioned but when does on line open?

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1026 on: December 11, 2013, 03:05:11 PM »

When you get your National A License.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Lonestar

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1027 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:10 PM »

So I was online for a while last night. Many thanks to MastrGT for letting me join his event, that little Rocket is a fun car to race. I also ran with some Tunas for a while. And to top off the night, I dropped into Moose's room to see what those guys were up to.

It's kind of weird how the night transitioned for me. At first, I was super excited to be online with the new game and new physics. But race after race, my enthusiasm slowly waned. And at the end of the night I was left with the feeling that not much had changed in 4 years. I will say that I did like the qualifying procedure, although it threw me for a loop at the start not seeing the other cars on the track. But it was cool that it tells you where you currently stand as you are driving (and weird that it flashes the proximity alerts at you when you're by yourself on the track).

And for that reason, as I go up and down in my bipolar response to all things GT, today I'm feeling a bit bummed out. For years, I've wanted to see true spec racing in the game. I've wanted to simulate what those guys do around here on the weekends because I'm dying to do it for real someday. And having a simulator that allows me to pretend to race helps me get through the mid week doldrums. I even ran to iRacing for a while thinking that would be the ticket. And maybe it is. Maybe to experience a true racing simulation, you have to go completely the opposite direction and just deal with it. I don't know.

But I'm extremely frustrated right now. First of all, the one-make races ... why so few cars PD? What in the name of all that is holy prevents you from just displaying the same dealership car chooser and letting people choose a car from any that came with the game (not DLC)? What possible reason could you have for restricting it? Bimmer club wants to run Bimmers. Mazda club wants to run Mazdas. And they want to run specific cars. Why not allow them to do that? That's step one. Step two is realizing that in a one-make race, the cars from the dealer drive like ass. Allow everyone to tune the cars. I realize this is harder to work out. But it's doable. Then there's the racing liveries. I was hoping we could at least number the cars. But I guess that's not that big of a deal.

I keep coming back to the realization that this is not a racing simulator. I think I have to change my expectations. It's a driving simulator and a pretty good one. It's a car collecting game. And we can make it a racing simulator through communities like this using the same old techniques that we've used for years. It's just a shame that after all this time ... our racing options have not changed much, if at all.

End of rant. Better get back to work. I'm sure tomorrow I'll swing the other way and proclaim the game "nearly perfect" again. Meds. I need meds.

The game is typical PD.  Lots of things that are really cool and lots of things that make you wonder what the fuck they were thinking.  I've come to appreciate that PD is either unable or unwilling to make the game that I really want.  That is fine.  There is enough to like in this game that I will continue to play it but I probably won't be playing it as much as I did with GT5.  I've unlocked the S events and ran the glitch so that I have more cars than I will ever need.  Now I don't have to worry about money or finishing events or grinding and can play how I want to.
[/color]
Exactly how I feel. I have no desire to run silly time wasting races to run some online. I will just grind some races to get a car I want and race how I want

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1028 on: December 11, 2013, 04:28:44 PM »

I am thinking very hard about doing the glitch. I can still try to complete all the races using the lowest PP cars I can from my garage to make them challenging and do them at my leisure.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1029 on: December 11, 2013, 05:30:23 PM »

I am thinking very hard about doing the glitch. I can still try to complete all the races using the lowest PP cars I can from my garage to make them challenging and do them at my leisure.

There is a rumoured update tomorrow for the M4 so it could get patched soon.  Though I would bet the the M4 has already been downloaded in the last patch and the update will just release it.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1030 on: December 11, 2013, 06:15:01 PM »

When you get your National A License.

dropped in with the same question thanks MX
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #1031 on: December 11, 2013, 07:22:21 PM »

There is a rumoured update tomorrow for the M4 so it could get patched soon.  Though I would bet the the M4 has already been downloaded in the last patch and the update will just release it.
M4 is all ready here.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1032 on: December 11, 2013, 08:05:06 PM »

This would be very hard to patch, as the real money is made 1.00 - from the disc. That can't be changed. Thoughts?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1033 on: December 11, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »

This would be very hard to patch, as the real money is made 1.00 - from the disc. That can't be changed. Thoughts?

Hard to say.  There seems to be some left over info from the car when you revert back to 1.0 (the [2055] they show up as).  If that's true, they may be able to enter a string in the car files something along the lines of  "If version is 1.0, resale value is $0"

There's talk over at GTP that this may work with the M4 that was just released.  You could by 166 of them with your original 20 million.  That'd be 3,320,000,000 credits!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:27:10 PM by TunaWiz »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1034 on: December 11, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »

I've been thinking about this.  The easiest way is just to make later game saves incompatible with v1.00.  It could actually be trivial to do.  For example, say they stored the cars that you have under a variable called cars. v1.00 looks for that variable in the gamesave to find out what cars you have. v.1.1 could change the gamesave so that the cars are stored under the variable vehicles.  Then when you try to use the v1.1 gamesave in v1.0 it can't find your cars since the name has changed.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 159   Go Up