SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 07:18:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148415 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1065 on: December 16, 2013, 04:45:37 PM »

If you want to get pissed off, run the offline NASCAR races. The AI apparently doesn't give two shits if you are in the way or not. Took me 3 attempts to win DSS, because they kept spinning me out.  >:( Motegi Speedway wasn't quite as bad, and Indy's turns allowed me to get away from the crazy sob's. HSR, I gave up on before I threw my controller through the TV. I'm starting to think maybe GT5's AI wasn't so bad.  :-[
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1066 on: December 16, 2013, 09:26:28 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's getting frustrated at the AI!  I haven't done the Nascar event yet (it's actually next on my list to do) but I've had tons of problems with the AI just turning into me or trying to drive through me like I'm not there, and half the time it seems like they're glued to the track too so while you may spin or fly off track from the slightest bump they happily continue riding their rail.

In many ways they are better than GT5's AI but for all the improvements they still have many of the same flaws as before, sometimes it seems like the flaws that were carried over are amplified by the improvements.. they used to turn into us in GT5 but they'd drop back so quick it wasn't as noticable, now since they challenge and drive along side much more readily (which is a good thing) when they turn in they make contact much more frequently and often cause you to spin out.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1067 on: December 16, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »

The AI varies from horrible to somewhat ok.  For NASCAR, I ended up picking one guy and bump drafting him.  That allowed me to stay closer to the front where it was a little safer.  Still, I must have gotten lucky the first time, because last night I was trying to get the .01 trophy with the NASCAR at Daytona race and I was getting nailed all over the place.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #1068 on: December 17, 2013, 10:18:13 AM »

lol, second day I had to save a replay from one of the night race sets because of the AI and their dirty tactics. Best remedy for dirty AI is to out dirty them, killing AI drivers is enough fun it counters the frustration.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1069 on: December 17, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »

RE: base model race cars and livery editor comments...

I disagree, I think the base model racers are more of an indication that no livery editor coming. 

You can paint, wheel, and number them in order to be different...

IMHO.  YMMV. 

If they do come up with an editor (even a lame one) I hope it let's you paint/re-color stripes.  White stripes on a green car with a beige roof is not stylish at all...

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1070 on: December 17, 2013, 12:22:34 PM »

lol, second day I had to save a replay from one of the night race sets because of the AI and their dirty tactics. Best remedy for dirty AI is to out dirty them, killing AI drivers is enough fun it counters the frustration.

One of the things I've been seeing is that whenever I try to kill an AI car, the car I hit continues on in the race and I take the worst of it. 

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1071 on: December 17, 2013, 12:37:58 PM »

RE: base model race cars and livery editor comments...

I disagree, I think the base model racers are more of an indication that no livery editor coming. 

You can paint, wheel, and number them in order to be different...

IMHO.  YMMV. 

If they do come up with an editor (even a lame one) I hope it let's you paint/re-color stripes.  White stripes on a green car with a beige roof is not stylish at all...

:stoopid:

Just a few options would make me happy stripes on/off and paint the stripes any color seperate from the main body color.  I miss my tripple black 69 Camaro from GT5.

I've mostly kept my mouth shut but I guess its time I share my random thoughts on the game.

1nd, I like it I already rank it 2nd in my GT favorites list.  Current order GT3, GT6, GT4, GT5, GT2, GT1.

2rd, Yay, premium Trans Am and Countach.

3th, the Rocket car may be my new favorite car. I sense much online potential with it.  Monaco GP or any retro GP, retro Indy 500. It might need its own racing series. Hopefully someone will do it.

4th, Race payout vs Car price may be the best ever in a GT game, excluding GT5 v2.X.  $4,000 for a novice race win makes GT4 look sad and intolerable, 5 million dollar cars now 2 million. Awesome!

5th, AI could be really good.  I don’t get it. Why make them slow down? A full field, standing starts, more laps and no slow down on the AI would make most of the races more fun and make for a real race, given the PP and tire limitations.

6th, Paying for Credits, tolerable idea, horrible execution.  I’d have to pay how much real money to by the Lamborghini concept??? No thanks.  $1 = 1,000,000cr. would have been more acceptable. I still would not do it but some might.

7th, Credit cheat, no thanks.

8th, B through IA license tests are too easy. I have never gotten all golds in that short amount of time. I hope S is a better challenge.

9th, Timed races nice.   Wait why can’t we do that in the lobbies.  I want to be able to run a two hour timed race.

10th, Trophies are easy.  Hmmm… may be my first and last platinum.

11th, I hope there are still + better +more endurance races.

12th, When is the first online rocket race?

13th, I haz chrome paint.

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1072 on: December 17, 2013, 01:13:07 PM »

Question for you folks with the 15rd Anniversary Cars: Can you change wheels and modify these cars, or are they bone stock the way PD intended them for you to drive? My guess is they are just not paintable?

I had a disc ordered through Gamestop to receive the cars, but the way the weekend was going to unfold for me it made more sense to download the game through PSN, therefore I didn't take advantage of the cars and additional paints. I'm wondering now if I made a mistake as that is a beautiful blue.

Anyone have the Gamestop pack and played with the cars?

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1073 on: December 17, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can buy the normal tuning upgrades depending on the car type, but there's no extra aero / bodykit parts available and I don't think you can change the wheels either.  I haven't played with them much though.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1074 on: December 17, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »

4th, Race payout vs Car price may be the best ever in a GT game, excluding GT5 v2.X.  $4,000 for a novice race win makes GT4 look sad and intolerable, 5 million dollar cars now 2 million. Awesome!

8th, B through IA license tests are too easy. I have never gotten all golds in that short amount of time. I hope S is a better challenge.

4th....in GT4, there was this one race you could win in a short period. The prize was the CLK Touring Car. Sell for $250,000. (I think the race was actually a DTM type car race)

8th.....I had to put effort into two S license tests to get gold

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1075 on: December 17, 2013, 01:40:10 PM »

Spec,
You cannot paint the cars or the wheels.  You can add tuning parts with the exception of aero.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1076 on: December 17, 2013, 01:45:43 PM »

What Boston said.  You're stuck with the crappy paint scheme that comes with the cars. 

Tuna_Girls_n1cup

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1077 on: December 17, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »

Thanks Fellas! Although i like that crappy paint job that comes with the cars.  :'(

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1078 on: December 17, 2013, 02:29:58 PM »

Thanks Fellas! Although i like that crappy paint job that comes with the cars.  :'(

You get a chip for both colors too.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1079 on: December 17, 2013, 02:39:46 PM »

I don't mind the blue color but I don't care for that lighter blue stripey thing.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 159   Go Up