SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:55:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148412 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1155 on: December 27, 2013, 04:32:39 PM »

I am with ya Dude I have went back to stock wheels on cars as needed for events, I did not want to switch them all back only to have. PD patch the shit up. For me it is speed before looks.

Is there any actual proof that the skinning looking wheels effect performance at all? I get that it looks like it would, but what you see could be different from what the physics engine is rendering (maybe it is always the same regardless of wheel - PD's fuck up could've been the visual aspect).

Idk... I've hardly played this game yet

People had handling issues after changing rims and that is what lead to looking at the width between the two.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1156 on: December 27, 2013, 04:58:15 PM »

Apparently there is a pitstop bug too.  Rear tires get screwed up after a tire change.

Talked about here - http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/weird-bug-after-pit-stops-in-online-mode.294753/

and later in this thread here - http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-tyre-bug-on-mr-fr-cars.293953/

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1157 on: December 27, 2013, 05:00:02 PM »

Looks like mygranturismo.net is now this site?  http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1158 on: December 31, 2013, 10:27:34 AM »

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1159 on: December 31, 2013, 11:53:50 AM »

My observations after 3.5 hours of drive time and 15% game completion. (yes, I know I waaaaay behind you guys. ;D)

-the odometer works for in-car view.
-seeing friends drive lines is cool, its nice to know were you stand and need to improve.
-damage, dirt seems more pronounced.
-can buy any car without waiting for used car lot.  8)
-would be nice if you could view car in garage at any time like after upgrading.
-more rim options.
-can upgrade cars in events! Yeah!
-forced replay after each race??? Blah.
-time spent upgrading cars occurs while race loads. Yeah!
-cone challenge, didn't Forza do this already?? Also, hard as :fuck .
-uneven AI. See 1V1 with GTRs against any other event in the first part of this game.

I am enjoying this game. Still a bit away from being able to race on-line with you fishes.

Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1160 on: December 31, 2013, 11:59:18 AM »

I actually don't care much for the friends trails in the license tests. They cover the track and make visibility poor, I can't see my apexes if I'm a fraction of a second off the pace.

Overall I like this but at times can screw up your view. Too bad they can't dull this when it gets crowded. Maybe just get faster? 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1161 on: December 31, 2013, 12:00:59 PM »

My observations after 3.5 hours of drive time and 15% game completion. (yes, I know I waaaaay behind you guys. ;D)

-the odometer works for in-car view.
-seeing friends drive lines is cool, its nice to know were you stand and need to improve.
-damage, dirt seems more pronounced.
-can buy any car without waiting for used car lot.  8)
-would be nice if you could view car in garage at any time like after upgrading.
-more rim options.
-can upgrade cars in events! Yeah!
-forced replay after each race??? Blah.
-time spent upgrading cars occurs while race loads. Yeah!
-cone challenge, didn't Forza do this already?? Also, hard as FUCK .
-uneven AI. See 1V1 with GTRs against any other event in the first part of this game.

I am enjoying this game. Still a bit away from being able to race on-line with you fishes.

If the GTR race is that mission race at Silverstone then yes that was very hard for me too. I did managed to beat it by quite a bit, mainly it came down to getting to know the track and car better.

Also, Fuck the cone challenges.  

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1162 on: December 31, 2013, 02:52:18 PM »

I actually don't care much for the friends trails in the license tests. They cover the track and make visibility poor, I can't see my apexes if I'm a fraction of a second off the pace.

Overall I like this but at times can screw up your view. Too bad they can't dull this when it gets crowded. Maybe just get faster? 
You can turn it on and off with the ghost button.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1163 on: December 31, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »

If the GTR race is that mission race at Silverstone then yes that was very hard for me too. I did managed to beat it by quite a bit, mainly it came down to getting to know the track and car better.

Also, Fuck the cone challenges.  

I was afraid you would say that.  :lolz

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1164 on: December 31, 2013, 04:31:51 PM »

Nice little write up there Looney.  I would like to add that I wish it was alittle more challenging.  Just started the International's and I've got GOLD and all STARS for everything so far .... and pretty easily.

I expected Goodwood to give the biggest challenge, but again it was pretty simple.

I do like that alot of cars are given as prizes .... other than those and the 15th anniversary's,  I've only had to buy like 6 cars, and 2 of those were for online events.  I'll just save my credits so I have enough to purchase what I need for events.

Surprisingly, I do like the tire noise.  The level change/intensity is a clear indication of when I'm pushing too hard, and used in conjunction with the tire indicators in the lower left hand, it seems to be a nice help in indicating when the car is going to break free.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1165 on: December 31, 2013, 06:08:45 PM »

Nice little write up there Looney.  I would like to add that I wish it was alittle more challenging.  Just started the International's and I've got GOLD and all STARS for everything so far .... and pretty easily.

I expected Goodwood to give the biggest challenge, but again it was pretty simple.

I do like that alot of cars are given as prizes .... other than those and the 15th anniversary's,  I've only had to buy like 6 cars, and 2 of those were for online events.  I'll just save my credits so I have enough to purchase what I need for events.

Surprisingly, I do like the tire noise.  The level change/intensity is a clear indication of when I'm pushing too hard, and used in conjunction with the tire indicators in the lower left hand, it seems to be a nice help in indicating when the car is going to break free.

Don't forget to keep logging in for that 200% login bonus. The seasonals coming out tomorrow will be worth 6 mil each if you have that 200%. :) I find I have around 6 mil and I go on a spending spree. I purchased a bunch of cars and the Senna racing outfit.  :o

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1166 on: December 31, 2013, 06:13:48 PM »

It will be good to do more seasonals as I can't do the ones with the anniversary cars.  :P

also, 6 mill is a lot for me.  ;)

also, also, I like the tire squeel as well.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1167 on: December 31, 2013, 11:25:29 PM »

I found the events rather easy until the S class events came up.  I'm all gold as well, except for the cone and drifting challenges.  The 15th anniversary cars have really helped to beat most of these events. 

The mission challenge at the Ring is gonna be my nightmare gold.  I tried for 2 hours yesterday and didn't complete a single lap.  Granted, I'm recovering from the flu, but I still think this is going to be very hard for me to get the gold.  I like the challenge.

Also, my new favorite car is the "Rocket"!  I use that for as many events as they allow.  It's so stable, and super good with tire wear and fuel mileage.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1168 on: January 01, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »

I have heard and read nothing but good things to say about the Rocket. I had been anticipating this car so much that it might have been a bit much for it to live up to but it has for me and it sounfpds like others as well.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1169 on: January 01, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »

I've leaned heavily on the Boss 302. It handles decently, starts around 500pp for the low end races, and can take on supercars in this game - against AI - when you put the money into it. I even won a Like the Wind race (with a little blocking) My main cars driven - Fit, 86GT, Boss. I've used a few others, but those three got me most of the way.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 159   Go Up