SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 10:23:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148420 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1185 on: January 03, 2014, 05:35:22 PM »

I think my new biggest issue with the game is spinning out and AlWAYS ending up facing backward.  I have yet to spin and be able to continue forward...not once single time in 2500 miles.

I'm just now to the second international races and stuck doing the wet track races.  I can't drive for shit in the wet and each time I spin, I end up facing the wrong freaking direction. 

Neptune

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #1186 on: January 04, 2014, 02:49:45 AM »

I think my new biggest issue with the game is spinning out and AlWAYS ending up facing backward.  I have yet to spin and be able to continue forward...not once single time in 2500 miles.

I'm just now to the second international races and stuck doing the wet track races.  I can't drive for shit in the wet and each time I spin, I end up facing the wrong freaking direction. 

What got me through the rain events is to stay the hell away from the racing line. The grip levels are like a switch. I used my fully tuned NSX-R with sport softs, and it's like driving on the dry when you're off the reflective bits.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1187 on: January 04, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »

As I started the third license tests I noticed this right away and was really starting to piss me off as well. WTF? However, I did end up going the right way 3 out of 20 times.  ::)
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1188 on: January 04, 2014, 06:23:37 PM »

Rick,
Doc gave me the same advice as Neptune gave you.  Stay off the racing line and forget rain tires.  I completed it easily after that.  Also, not hammering the throttle out of turns helps keep momentum up and you ass from taking the lead.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1189 on: January 05, 2014, 02:52:56 PM »

Boston, did you mod out the Rocket for the mini enduros? I was able to win the 1rd one with stock hp, but have been unsuccessful with the couple others I tried. The RB Jr. detuned to 650pp worked pretty good at Apricot Hill though. It's way too slow for Suzuka, and was just a tad short of a win at Spa. 24 sec behind leader.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1190 on: January 05, 2014, 07:32:17 PM »

Chrome, for the rocket I have:
1. Full tune suspension
2. Racing brakes
3. Fully customized tranny
4. Customized LSD
5. Triple plate clutch and fly wheel
6. sports chip
7. Semi racing exhaust
8. Isometric exhaust manifold
9. Sport cat. Converter
10. Intake tuning
For the "S" class events that I could not pass, I added a low range RPM Turbo.  With that upgrade I have 614PP, 600pp without it. 
Sports soft tires until "S" class rain events.  Went to racing hards and it was like a roller coaster.  I felt I could put it anywhere at outrageous speeds.

I'll have to look at what I did suspension tuning wise.  But, I found that my LSD changes helped immensely over anything I did with the suspension.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1191 on: January 05, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »

Thanks man. These are the only races I have left to do. I was able to win Brands Hatch with the RB Jr., fun race too. I'll get my Rocket boosted, and let it rip.

Also, that last mission TT with the GT40 is a pain. I tried it twice, and the other GT wrecked me both times.  >:(
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 08:07:25 PM by ChromeTuna »

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1192 on: January 05, 2014, 09:15:51 PM »

Thanks man. These are the only races I have left to do. I was able to win Brands Hatch with the RB Jr., fun race too. I'll get my Rocket boosted, and let it rip.

Also, that last mission TT with the GT40 is a pain. I tried it twice, and the other GT wrecked me both times.  >:(

I failed to mention, I used the Rocket for every "S" event except for the 24 minutes of Le Mon.  I had to buy a car for that one.  I chose the Delta Wing and it was awesome.

That TT in the GT40 is a pain in the ass.  I had to remember that the car will pull out of those tail slides with a little power given.  After learning to flog the bitch around, I passed within 5 tries.  I passed the other GT40 after the first set of turns, before heading out on that first longer stretch.  He never contended with me afterwards.

Neptune

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #1193 on: January 05, 2014, 09:53:29 PM »

I was giving my NSX-R a rough tune, and this is what I came up with.

Adding a rear wing didn't do much to kill the snap-oversteer. Neither did messing with the suspension. What I did find was that tuning the LSD is super effective. Lowering all 3 values to 10 is a good start. More if you want oversteer, less for more stability. Once that is done, you can fine-tune with suspension.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1194 on: January 06, 2014, 06:22:22 AM »

I took the R8 race car (prize car - Pheonix?) for a few races and couldn't drive it at the nurburgring. A few laps at other tracks led to me making one adjustment: increase the front spring rate to equal the rear spring rate.

This made it decent at the 15 minute nurburgring race - I was able to win. It felt very good for my testing at deep forest and HSR.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1195 on: January 06, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »

I managed to get that one finished yesterday morning. At first I was 25 seconds off the gold time. One lap I made it all the way to the last turn and barely bumped the GT in front for an invalid lap. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1196 on: January 06, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »

I finally made it to 100% yesterday. Oh boy!  :)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1197 on: January 08, 2014, 06:56:53 AM »

A modded out Rocket changed the car into something I didn't like, so I tried a different approach to a couple of the mini enduros.
I broke out my trusty HSV race car, tuned to 648pp, ran Suzuka, and the 24 min of Nurb. Wasn't paying attention the 1rd time at Suz, and ran out of gas on lap 7. Ran it again, pitting at the end of lap 6, and only lost one spot(2rd). Cruised on to an easy win. Nurb was a cake walk as well. Pitted at the end of lap 2, and won the race with almost a 2 minute lead. Racing Hard tires for both races, and the traction was surprisingly good, for rainy conditions. What a great car the HSV is.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1198 on: January 08, 2014, 09:51:49 AM »

A modded out Rocket changed the car into something I didn't like, so I tried a different approach to a couple of the mini enduros.
I broke out my trusty HSV race car, tuned to 648pp, ran Suzuka, and the 24 min of Nurb. Wasn't paying attention the 1rd time at Suz, and ran out of gas on lap 7. Ran it again, pitting at the end of lap 6, and only lost one spot(2rd). Cruised on to an easy win. Nurb was a cake walk as well. Pitted at the end of lap 2, and won the race with almost a 2 minute lead. Racing Hard tires for both races, and the traction was surprisingly good, for rainy conditions. What a great car the HSV is.

The HSV was my weapon of choice too. I agree Chrome it truly is an awesome car. 

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1199 on: January 08, 2014, 11:11:29 AM »

I meant to post this on the two above mini enduros. I noticed a little extra tire noise after pitting, and slightly better turn in. I believe it was the rear tires doing something weird, as people on GTP have claimed a similar "glitch effect" as putting custom wheels on a car with staggered wheel widths. The difference in feel wasn't massive, but the tire noise was definitely noticeable, and would last well into a straight, and not turning at all.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 159   Go Up