• May 06, 2024, 04:45:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148405 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1200 on: January 08, 2014, 12:53:36 PM »

re: the login bonuses...

Manual save seems to work for some, but I have heard that you need to at least do something too, like switch cars and trigger an "event".

Also, consider the real-world 24hr period you login.  If you let the entire next 24hr period lapse (from 00:00 to 23:59, not based on your last login) then you lose a day of your bonus.  Depending on when you login, you could actually lose two days worth of bonuses when it seems like you should only lose one.

Also, also, I do not yet know whether the login bonus happens again automatically while in-game if the day changes while you were playing, such as logging in at 23:00 and then going back to main menu without exiting game, after 00:00.  GT5 would trigger another bonus and you just had to make sure it saved.  Now, I'm not sure, but I think it doesn't trigger a new bonus.  Exiting the game and coming back would do the trick, though.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1201 on: January 08, 2014, 01:05:47 PM »

This isn't so much a complaint with the playability of the game, but it's been pissing me off for quite a few races now.  Racing against the AI is like racing against FatLeadFoot.  These fucking guys bang into me everywhere.

Where it really rubs me the wrong way is when they spin me out on the last lap and after ten minutes of racing in a championship, I go from first to 13th.  Plus, when I get bumped and try to return the favor, their car goes unscathed and I end up in the wall.  Fuckers.  

All that said, I've finally found cars I can control.  The little GT300 and GT500 cars stick like glue.  Basically, most other cars, I can barely stay on the road.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1202 on: January 08, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »

This isn't so much a complaint with the playability of the game, but it's been pissing me off for quite a few races now.  Racing against the AI is like racing against FatLeadFoot.  These fucking guys bang into me everywhere.

Where it really rubs me the wrong way is when they spin me out on the last lap and after ten minutes of racing in a championship, I go from first to 13th.  Plus, when I get bumped and try to return the favor, their car goes unscathed and I end up in the wall.  Fuckers.  

All that said, I've finally found cars I can control.  The little GT300 and GT500 cars stick like glue.  Basically, most other cars, I can barely stay on the road.

Every race is a "Get Rick" evnet. 

I know the feeling too. The beginning of the Nurb 24 race, was full of contact, and some wasn't instigated by me.  ^-^
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1203 on: January 08, 2014, 01:33:02 PM »

Chrome, it does seem every evnet is of the 'Get Rick' variety.  It pisses me off, but my 10-year old enjoys the cursing that follows.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1204 on: January 08, 2014, 07:28:29 PM »

One interesting things I came upon testing is that the McLaren F1 race car (base model) is considerably easier to control than the Audi R8 LMS (Pheonix). Yes the R8 has a little more weight on the rear end, but I'd have expected the F1 to be just as difficult to drive.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1205 on: January 11, 2014, 11:10:20 AM »

The AI varies from horrible to somewhat ok.

OK, this is from page 72...

So far, I am doing IA events, the best the AI have got gets shown off in the IA-3 GT-R One Make race. This is a great one-lapper in the same car at 600PP, maybe less. I struggled a bit more for a clean lap in the 15th Anniversary car, but it won for the first win. I am trying to get an example of an unrushed win, but the AI are not 100% aware of my position, so there is still some slight contact, but they drive very nicely (for GT AI).

I think the worst that they do is sashaying from side to side, but their braking is pretty good (for GT AI).

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1206 on: January 11, 2014, 12:43:01 PM »

The AI varies from horrible to somewhat ok.

OK, this is from page 72...

So far, I am doing IA events, the best the AI have got gets shown off in the IA-3 GT-R One Make race. This is a great one-lapper in the same car at 600PP, maybe less. I struggled a bit more for a clean lap in the 15th Anniversary car, but it won for the first win. I am trying to get an example of an unrushed win, but the AI are not 100% aware of my position, so there is still some slight contact, but they drive very nicely (for GT AI).

I think the worst that they do is sashaying from side to side, but their braking is pretty good (for GT AI).

Is that the race that uses the GT-R Touring car that was DLC in GT5?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1207 on: January 11, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »

Note for evnet runner'ers.

Friends Only Room
Fixed Host: No
Host has laggy room and leaves.
His friend becomes host
Original Host cannot rejoin because he is not friends with himself (my theory anyway).
Original room does not even appear in List of rooms.
Logging back in as another account who is friended to (not sure if original or new) host can join just fine.

If we had the GT5 Style personal Private Lounge option this wouldn't be an issue (or wasn't in "5")

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1208 on: January 12, 2014, 12:48:36 AM »

Is that the race that uses the GT-R Touring car that was DLC in GT5?

Sorry, I am not sure how this car compares to any in GT5.

However, the One Make race is easy too find.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1209 on: January 12, 2014, 12:49:49 PM »

I meant to post this on the two above mini enduros. I noticed a little extra tire noise after pitting, and slightly better turn in. I believe it was the rear tires doing something weird, as people on GTP have claimed a similar "glitch effect" as putting custom wheels on a car with staggered wheel widths. The difference in feel wasn't massive, but the tire noise was definitely noticeable, and would last well into a straight, and not turning at all.

Just to bring this up again.

Running a LMP car at the Lemans 24 race, makes this abnormality more noticeable. While I'm not great at handling those cars, my first stint was pretty comfortable, and fun. The second stint however, was a very noticeably different experience. The tire noise was nearly constant, the wear I'm pretty certain was faster, and the car was a different animal. I should mention, I used the AE LMP car, which maxes out at 676pp, so it's not one of the fastest. 

I'm done with all those races, so it's not really a factor now, but it's something that definitely needs to be addressed.

Maybe MasterGT can bring this up to his "contacts"?

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1210 on: January 12, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »

I am way behind in this conversation about tires.  Please help me understand.

Is the tire issue ONLY when you stagger different sizes on the front and back?

Does it effect tires that are the same size all the way around / Any issues with tires that are 1" up or 2" up on all 4 corners?

Thanks

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1211 on: January 12, 2014, 01:30:38 PM »

I am way behind in this conversation about tires.  Please help me understand.

Is the tire issue ONLY when you stagger different sizes on the front and back?

Does it effect tires that are the same size all the way around / Any issues with tires that are 1" up or 2" up on all 4 corners?

Thanks

Any aftermarket wheels installed on a car that comes factory with wider wheels in the rear, than the front, gets the same size on all four. Mainly, the rear wheels become the same size as the fronts. Many people have tested it to affect performance significantly.

The pit stop problem I'm talking about, has a similar effect, but not as drastic. The tires make noise constantly with the pit stop glitch, and are wearing out quicker.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1212 on: January 12, 2014, 01:32:05 PM »

I meant to post this on the two above mini enduros. I noticed a little extra tire noise after pitting, and slightly better turn in. I believe it was the rear tires doing something weird, as people on GTP have claimed a similar "glitch effect" as putting custom wheels on a car with staggered wheel widths. The difference in feel wasn't massive, but the tire noise was definitely noticeable, and would last well into a straight, and not turning at all.

Running a LMP car at the Lemans 24 race, makes this abnormality more noticeable. While I'm not great at handling those cars, my first stint was pretty comfortable, and fun. The second stint however, was a very noticeably different experience. The tire noise was nearly constant, the wear I'm pretty certain was faster, and the car was a different animal. I should mention, I used the AE LMP car, which maxes out at 676pp, so it's not one of the fastest. 

I'm done with all those races, so it's not really a factor now, but it's something that definitely needs to be addressed.

The problem with 24min of Le Mans is that the race starts off raining and then transitions to night before drying out in the morning.  Tire wear is definitely increased as the event goes on but I thought that was because of the dry and warmer track during the second and third stints.  However, I think that others have found similar problems where rain and track temp wouldn't have been an issue.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1213 on: January 12, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »

The problem with 24min of Le Mans is that the race starts off raining and then transitions to night before drying out in the morning.  Tire wear is definitely increased as the event goes on but I thought that was because of the dry and warmer track during the second and third stints.  However, I think that others have found similar problems where rain and track temp wouldn't have been an issue.

Problem is though, I experienced this in every enduro, that I had to make a pit stop. It was just more noticeable in the LMP. I had the same problem at Silverstone, which didn't rain at all. Tires after pit stop make noise constantly.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1214 on: January 12, 2014, 01:49:52 PM »

Problem is though, I experienced this in every enduro, that I had to make a pit stop. It was just more noticeable in the LMP. I had the same problem at Silverstone, which didn't rain at all. Tires after pit stop make noise constantly.

I'm just saying that Le Mans isn't the best comparison because there other factors.  Although I have heard that lap times are also slowly on second stints, which in the case of Le Mans, they shouldn't be.  They should be faster in the morning when things dry out.  I never checked that.

These kinds of continued issues make it hard for me to get enthused about playing GT6.  Camber issues with tuning, physics issues with pitstops,  wrong wheels being placed on cars.  Mostly horrible AI.  And I don't race online when most of you guys do.  Just very frustrating.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 159   Go Up