SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 10:07:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148420 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1215 on: January 12, 2014, 02:07:46 PM »

I meant to post this on the two above mini enduros. I noticed a little extra tire noise after pitting, and slightly better turn in. I believe it was the rear tires doing something weird, as people on GTP have claimed a similar "glitch effect" as putting custom wheels on a car with staggered wheel widths. The difference in feel wasn't massive, but the tire noise was definitely noticeable, and would last well into a straight, and not turning at all.

Just to bring this up again.

Running a LMP car at the Lemans 24 race, makes this abnormality more noticeable. While I'm not great at handling those cars, my first stint was pretty comfortable, and fun. The second stint however, was a very noticeably different experience. The tire noise was nearly constant, the wear I'm pretty certain was faster, and the car was a different animal. I should mention, I used the AE LMP car, which maxes out at 676pp, so it's not one of the fastest. 

I'm done with all those races, so it's not really a factor now, but it's something that definitely needs to be addressed.

Maybe MasterGT can bring this up to his "contacts"?

The problem with 24min of Le Mans is that the race starts off raining and then transitions to night before drying out in the morning.  Tire wear is definitely increased as the event goes on but I thought that was because of the dry and warmer track during the second and third stints.  However, I think that others have found similar problems where rain and track temp wouldn't have been an issue.

Problem is though, I experienced this in every enduro, that I had to make a pit stop. It was just more noticeable in the LMP. I had the same problem at Silverstone, which didn't rain at all. Tires after pit stop make noise constantly.

I'm just saying that Le Mans isn't the best comparison because there other factors.  Although I have heard that lap times are also slowly on second stints, which in the case of Le Mans, they shouldn't be.  They should be faster in the morning when things dry out.  I never checked that.

These kinds of continued issues make it hard for me to get enthused about playing GT6.  Camber issues with tuning, physics issues with pitstops,  wrong wheels being placed on cars.  Mostly horrible AI.  And I don't race online when most of you guys do.  Just very frustrating.

Agreed.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1216 on: January 12, 2014, 04:23:12 PM »

Note for evnet runner'ers.

Friends Only Room
Fixed Host: No
Host has laggy room and leaves.
His friend becomes host
Original Host cannot rejoin because he is not friends with himself (my theory anyway).
Original room does not even appear in List of rooms.
Logging back in as another account who is friended to (not sure if original or new) host can join just fine.

If we had the GT5 Style personal Private Lounge option this wouldn't be an issue (or wasn't in "5")

someone else I know had this problem this morning.  same situation and symptoms.  I think my theory on it is confirmed.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1217 on: January 12, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »

You'd almost think with five years in between releases that things like this, among other things, would not be an issue.

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1218 on: January 12, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »

Finally got me a Platinum trophy!! Will probably be the first and last one also, unless GT7 is as easy as GT6!!

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1219 on: January 12, 2014, 09:11:08 PM »

You'd almost think with five years in between releases that things like this, among other things, would not be an issue.

Even if the game had only been in development for 6 months, most of the bugs in this game should not have made it past beta testing.  Considering PD's development time table, these bugs are... well, less than amusing. :(

Rant/

But I guess that is the standard of modern day software and game development.  Why waste the time and expense of beta testing when you can just patch it later.  Why give people the complete game at release when you can charge people for it piece by piece and they'll gladly pay. (No I'm not claiming PD does this... yet)

I guess I'm getting old. Which of course means my opinion does not matter.  I'm just sick of modern game development mentality.  Don't make the game hard. People can't handle failure and/or losing. Make the game short, people get board quickly. :( :( :( Oh and make people pay for everything, Pay for the game, Pay to play, pay for online, pay for items, pay for levels, pay to win. And don't forget, even though you spent all that money you don't own the copy of the content you purchased or even the right to continue using it past the point the developer wants you to use it.

It all reminds me of Atari, 1983, E.T., Pac-Man but worse. Funny thing is that did not end well.  But, kids these days, when developers say bend over, the kids say how far and thank you may I buy another.

/Rant

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1220 on: January 12, 2014, 11:42:22 PM »

The RB Jr. steering issue has been discussed here. For those that may not know it's steering feels like it was lifted out of a 1970 Ford Econoline van. But while I was fartin around last night I went ahead and cranked the controller sensitivity up a good way and wow problem solved. It suddenly felt as it thought it should all along.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1221 on: January 13, 2014, 11:19:04 AM »

An update comes tomorrow.

A free Toyota concept car available.  Unknown, to me, if they are going to patch the known errors.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1222 on: January 13, 2014, 11:37:03 AM »

Toyota FT-1: 2014 Detroit Show

Owners of GT6 will be the first to test-drive the FT-1 as a free online update and will be made available on Jan 14. Upon downloading the latest update, a unique seasonal event featuring the Toyota FT-1 will be made available in the game. If you receive a bronze or better in the FT-1 challenge at Laguna Seca, you will receive the car. Drivers will also be able to purchase the vehicle from the Toyota dealership without having to complete the seasonal event.

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4488049.html

Also, The M4 we got not too long ago, is getting it's interior installed tomorrow as well.
http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1527668.html
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:40:57 AM by ChromeTuna »
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1223 on: January 13, 2014, 12:55:40 PM »

"The photon torpedoes won't be installed until Tuesday"

Sounds like the Enterprise B going out on her maiden voyage...

I too, hope we get a few technical fixes included in this.  If not then VERY "soon" thereafter!

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1224 on: January 14, 2014, 12:35:11 AM »

1.03 done, seems only the Toyota and the Beemer interior. No mention of any fixes.
Also, anyone else have trouble with the update? My first 2 tries shut down the PS3, but 3st time lucky
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1225 on: January 14, 2014, 01:02:26 AM »

No issues was fast and easy as a matter of fact.  :-\

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1226 on: January 14, 2014, 01:19:41 AM »

The new Vettel events now say January 2014 instead of January 1.

Brindle

« Reply #1227 on: January 14, 2014, 07:39:40 AM »

1.03 done, seems only the Toyota and the Beemer interior. No mention of any fixes.
Also, anyone else have trouble with the update? My first 2 tries shut down the PS3, but 3st time lucky

Not this time, but it happened a lot to me with the 1.02 update.  Took me 5 times to get it going.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1228 on: January 14, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »

Known issue about 1.03

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1229 on: January 14, 2014, 09:43:37 AM »

I can't find it at http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/ , but the planet states:

Wheel width no longer decreases when applying larger wheels.
In-car visibility improved on some models.
Handling on MR vehicles has improved.
While adjusting power or weight limits, displayed PP updates in real-time.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 159   Go Up