SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 06:16:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148412 times)

Brindle

Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1260 on: January 15, 2014, 06:17:56 AM »

Got something for you pit stop testers to test.  Last night before TuTu, I hopped in an online room to see/feel the bug myself (never done a pit stop before in 6).  The car I was using, elise race car, might not have been the best tester, nor were the 7 laps @ HSR per race.  Didn't compare times or wear, I was more interested in the feel.

Something is going on, but who the hell knows.  After my stop, the car was WAY more controllable. No more lift off oversteer.  So I thought of Ex saying it puts you on a lesser tire.  Tried both sports soft front and sport soft front/racing hard rear.  None of it felt like after a pit.

Here's the interesting part...  Set the room to use a minimum number of stops and the feel after a pit is different from a room with no pit minimum.  It is still not the same to me, but it does feel much closer to the original set of tires.  Maybe you guys might test that at longer distances to compare times/wear.  Might be the answer...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:18:44 AM by Brindle »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1261 on: January 15, 2014, 07:15:56 AM »

Got something for you pit stop testers to test.  Last night before TuTu, I hopped in an online room to see/feel the bug myself (never done a pit stop before in 6).  The car I was using, elise race car, might not have been the best tester, nor were the 7 laps @ HSR per race.  Didn't compare times or wear, I was more interested in the feel.

Something is going on, but who the hell knows.  After my stop, the car was WAY more controllable. No more lift off oversteer.  So I thought of Ex saying it puts you on a lesser tire.  Tried both sports soft front and sport soft front/racing hard rear.  None of it felt like after a pit.

Here's the interesting part...  Set the room to use a minimum number of stops and the feel after a pit is different from a room with no pit minimum.  It is still not the same to me, but it does feel closer to the original set of tires.  Maybe you guys might test that at longer distances to compare times/wear.

That reminds me. I pitted during a TuTu race last night, just to see if it did the same thing as offline, and it did. Handling felt a tad more twitchy, and the constant tire noise was there.  :P

Brindle, I've read a few comments at GTP saying some MR get better after a pit stop, but I read just as many disagreeing with them.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:18:02 AM by ChromeTuna »
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Brindle

« Reply #1262 on: January 15, 2014, 08:28:06 AM »

Here's the interesting part...  Set the room to use a minimum number of stops and the feel after a pit is different from a room with no pit minimum.  It is still not the same to me, but it does feel much closer to the original set of tires.  Maybe you guys might test that at longer distances to compare times/wear.  Might be the answer...

The part in yellow is what I was getting at.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1263 on: January 15, 2014, 09:17:49 AM »

Wow and here I am working on my 1st %.

Gotta take the game out of the package one of these days.

Why yes, yes you get it out of the box and into the PS3. :)

But maybe PD will get all of the bugs out before I get started.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1264 on: January 15, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »

I'm reading of a new update that came out today. I guess to fix the fixes.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1265 on: January 15, 2014, 11:01:53 AM »

This has supposedly fixed the timed races bug. I'll check for myself this evening.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1266 on: January 15, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »

This has supposedly fixed the timed races bug. I'll check for myself this evening.

Yes, please do!

It is encouraging to know they don't have to prepare point releases just to fix glitches.  Knowing that they can insert one of these "auto-updates" to just change a few values in the code here and there, gives us some hope that when we report major bugs, they'll get fixed in a reasonable time.  If, a bug happens to not be fixable by this method, they may have to wait to release the fix until the next major patch is scheduled.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1267 on: January 15, 2014, 06:02:56 PM »

Just ran Apricot Hill 20 min.  Its 50% fixed.  You get the proper rewards but the in race finishing order is still messed up.  It told me I finished 7th even though I was first. And I got first place rewards.  But I did not get the out of gas trophy.  Do you still have to have some gas to get it or can you win and be completely out of gas?

I guess its properly tunafied

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1268 on: January 15, 2014, 08:12:33 PM »

Just ran Apricot Hill 20 min.  Its 50% fixed.  You get the proper rewards but the in race finishing order is still messed up.  It told me I finished 7th even though I was first. And I got first place rewards.  But I did not get the out of gas trophy.  Do you still have to have some gas to get it or can you win and be completely out of gas?

I guess its properly tunafied

:stoopid:

I ran again as well, and got my gold trophy back.  :)

The pit stop/tire bug is still there though.  :P

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1269 on: January 16, 2014, 09:49:27 AM »

I ran the seasonals last night. The payout blows even with the sign in bonus. I want my 2 million dollars. LOL

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1270 on: January 16, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »

I ran the seasonals last night. The payout blows even with the sign in bonus. I want my 2 million dollars. LOL

Run Like The Wind 14 times and you will have your 2 million!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1271 on: January 16, 2014, 12:49:23 PM »

I found the seasonals pretty hard.  Or maybe I just suck more.  The x-bow is a lot harder to handle than I remember.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1272 on: January 16, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »

I haven't turned it on yet, but I've heard there was another in-game, mini-update this AM.  Numbskuld beleives the pit-stop glitch has been fixed.

I would like to hear more confirmation from other users, though.  (not that he's not believable... just more data is preferable :D )

Numbskuld wrote:
Outlier73 wrote:
Thanks MastrGT! Too bad. I don't rely on it anyway but nice to have when it worked. The pitstop tire bug is a much bigger deal. Hoping that is fixed but I'll try testing tonight

Another mini update this morning. From my testing this morning the pitstop tire bug appears to be fixed. Changed worn RM tires for the same and lap times went back to new tire times.

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #1273 on: January 16, 2014, 08:35:45 PM »

After tonights game update We have discovered the PP indicator in the tuning menu adjusts in real time unlike before when you had to confirm your adjustments before it would recalculate. 

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1274 on: January 16, 2014, 09:39:09 PM »

After tonights game update We have discovered the PP indicator in the tuning menu adjusts in real time unlike before when you had to confirm your adjustments before it would recalculate. 

It started that with 1.03 the other day.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 159   Go Up