SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 09:00:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148416 times)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1305 on: January 21, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »

Same here with the pit stops.  I've been playing with the Audi R18 offline in the S races and it never fails, first half of the race I wear out my front tires first. Second half of the race the rears wear out quicker than the front and almost twice as fast as the first stint.  Car behavior also changes drastically.  I've felt no difference from pre 1.03 to the latest update.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1306 on: January 21, 2014, 09:14:22 PM »

The 10 minute Suzuka race is a career mode race (offline). The track goes through wet and dry conditions. The tire wear should have remained constant, but it did not.

Also, the tire squeal was more noticeable on the second set.  

To answer your question the racing soft tires were not the same.

Same here with the pit stops.  I've been playing with the Audi R18 offline in the S races and it never fails, first half of the race I wear out my front tires first. Second half of the race the rears wear out quicker than the front and almost twice as fast as the first stint.  Car behavior also changes drastically.  I've felt no difference from pre 1.03 to the latest update.

Thank you both for backing up what I was experiencing as well.  :)
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1307 on: January 22, 2014, 10:07:10 AM »

The 10 minute Suzuka race is a career mode race (offline). The track goes through wet and dry conditions. The tire wear should have remained constant, but it did not.

This may not be that big of a deal in an online race, as long as all racers experience the same effects in tire wear. And didn't someone mention if you pit again it goes back to the longer stint tires?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1308 on: January 22, 2014, 10:59:04 AM »

This may not be that big of a deal in an online race, as long as all racers experience the same effects in tire wear. And didn't someone mention if you pit again it goes back to the longer stint tires?

No, all pit stops result in the same effects as the first stop, at least offline. I tested this at the Apricot Hill 20 minute race, by pitting 5-6 times, and never got back what I had on the first stint.  My runs were shortened by 2-3 laps, compared to the first stint.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:00:42 AM by ChromeTuna »
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1309 on: January 22, 2014, 11:37:39 AM »

No, all pit stops result in the same effects as the first stop, at least offline. I tested this at the Apricot Hill 20 minute race, by pitting 5-6 times, and never got back what I had on the first stint.  My runs were shortened by 2-3 laps, compared to the first stint.

Maybe we should hurry up and design a race around this feature.  :laugh

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1310 on: January 22, 2014, 12:16:57 PM »

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but some tests we did after GT Sats this week made it seem like the Tire Wear with respect to Pit Stops, is fixed.

We saw very similar times going around Motegi Oval before and after pit stops, with different wear settings, tires, and cars.

If anyone believes differently please let us know!

I ran the 10 lap race at Suzuka and the tires wore out very quickly after my pitstop. I ran racing soft tires and pitted at the end of lap 5 with 6's shown on the tires. I barely completed the 9th lap and could not finish the 10th lap due to no rear tires. I don't recall if it was Saturday or Sunday morning when I ran this.

I've done this twice now and it's really starting to piss me off.  The first time I did it, I pitted after 5 laps with racing softs showing 4s up front and 6s in the back.  The first few laps of the second five lap stint were in rain and before I could finish the race, I was no longer able to control the car with about a third of a lap to go with my fronts showing 7s but my rears down to 2.  At that point, the car wouldn't move straight and I'd just wasted 20 minutes of my life.

Last night, I tried the race again on racing mediums.  Same thing, first stint was five laps with 4s up front and 7s in the back.  Next stint was with water and I made it til about a quarter lap to go before the car stopped handling with 7s in the front and 2s in the back.

The only thing I can think of is that the rain causes the rears to spin, though with the constant tire noise, you can't pick out if the rears are spinning or the fronts are pushing.  The car never spun out and didn't seem to spin, so I'm both pissed about this race and confused at the same time.

Like several things in this game, I don't get it.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1311 on: January 22, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but some tests we did after GT Sats this week made it seem like the Tire Wear with respect to Pit Stops, is fixed.

We saw very similar times going around Motegi Oval before and after pit stops, with different wear settings, tires, and cars.

If anyone believes differently please let us know!

I ran the 10 lap race at Suzuka and the tires wore out very quickly after my pitstop. I ran racing soft tires and pitted at the end of lap 5 with 6's shown on the tires. I barely completed the 9th lap and could not finish the 10th lap due to no rear tires. I don't recall if it was Saturday or Sunday morning when I ran this.

I've done this twice now and it's really starting to piss me off.  The first time I did it, I pitted after 5 laps with racing softs showing 4s up front and 6s in the back.  The first few laps of the second five lap stint were in rain and before I could finish the race, I was no longer able to control the car with about a third of a lap to go with my fronts showing 7s but my rears down to 2.  At that point, the car wouldn't move straight and I'd just wasted 20 minutes of my life.

Last night, I tried the race again on racing mediums.  Same thing, first stint was five laps with 4s up front and 7s in the back.  Next stint was with water and I made it til about a quarter lap to go before the car stopped handling with 7s in the front and 2s in the back.

The only thing I can think of is that the rain causes the rears to spin, though with the constant tire noise, you can't pick out if the rears are spinning or the fronts are pushing.  The car never spun out and didn't seem to spin, so I'm both pissed about this race and confused at the same time.

Like several things in this game, I don't get it.

It is the pitstop/tire change and then the change in grip/wear. I used racing hard tires and won the race a couple of times. I run the first set as deep into the race as I can. I actually needed fuel before tires.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1312 on: January 22, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »

I ran out of gas on one of the earlier S class races and lost at the finish line.  I'm wasting a LOT of time by losing a race on the final lap in this game.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1313 on: January 22, 2014, 01:10:29 PM »

Honestly I am probably at about half events/licenses done and I am npt sure that I will ever go back and run any more of them ever. Garage is stocked coffers are full enough there is no desire at all to any more of their game portion of this software I guess.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1314 on: January 22, 2014, 01:20:07 PM »

Honestly I am probably at about half events/licenses done and I am npt sure that I will ever go back and run any more of them ever. Garage is stocked coffers are full enough there is no desire at all to any more of their game portion of this software I guess.

I missed out on the boat loads of money so I play a lot of the offline events. I actually enjoy quite a few of them.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1315 on: January 22, 2014, 01:26:02 PM »

I missed out on the boat loads of money so I play a lot of the offline events. I actually enjoy quite a few of them.

I'm struggling with consistency.  It seems like one event I have to drive like I'm walking on eggs and the next I have to drive like me hair's on fire.  The NSX at Ascari really wore on me but my 10-year old loved all the screaming and cussing that I did.

I don't know the track.  I have no feel for the track.  I can't develop a rhythm for the track.  Top it off with a mid-engine car and I drove like Grandpa.  I had no idea how you guys could take the first chicane so fast til I realized you can practically drive through the freaking grass.  After about 30 minutes I learned not to be scared and to drive the wheels off the car and then the event became more fun. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1316 on: January 22, 2014, 02:46:25 PM »

Thanks for all the anecdotes about tire wear & pit stops... it will help us figure out what the hell to do on Saturday...

It's frustrating to say the least, when you want to do a 2+ hour race and tire wear may not even be a factor.  Really, really shitty.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1317 on: January 22, 2014, 02:57:28 PM »

I'm about 1/2 way through the 2nd one (National B I think). I'm just trying to be able to race online and will probably never go back again.

I don't know why you can't just click a button that says please skip the career crap. I really don't need to know how many cones I can knock over!!!

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1318 on: January 22, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »

I'm at the same point.  I've got 14 million and most of the cars that I want, since I don't have to luck across them in a used car lot.   I will say if they'd fix the pit stop issue I'd love the S class races. To me, S class should have been A or iB class and the races get longer and more diverse from there.

At this point I'm 73% complete and the only thing I have interest in doing is getting the platinum trophy.  Which I'm one trophy away from.  The 7,900+ mile trophy.  And the only reason I want to get it is because in all the years I've had a PS3 I've never earned one.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1319 on: January 22, 2014, 06:51:03 PM »

I think that I'm the only one on my friend's list with a GT5 Platinum but I probably won't be getting the GT6 Platinum unless GT comes out with some compelling content.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 159   Go Up