• May 06, 2024, 06:55:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148415 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1320 on: January 23, 2014, 06:40:15 AM »

Gran Turismo 6 - Course Maker Sneak Peek

Wardez at GTP
Kaz said in an interview that there would be custom tracks made by PD using the course creator feature tool released before the actual tool is. It's meant to serve as a sample of what's possible.

Kaz and GT6 will be at a show in Taipei on the 25rd, for an hour long presentation.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1321 on: January 23, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »

That looks promising.  With all of the terrain in that one track, I wonder how much control we'll have over the placement of track.

What we need is a sneak peek at how the tool works!  (scratches head)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1322 on: January 23, 2014, 01:39:04 PM »

Check out what this guy is posting at GTP. It's pretty dang cool.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gifs-of-cars-with-tiny-difference.300316/

The Renault stock to race car on page 3 is my favorite.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1323 on: January 23, 2014, 02:09:59 PM »

that is really cool.

for some reason, I can't see the images on page 3, but many of them are not only cool, but useful.

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1324 on: January 24, 2014, 08:34:10 AM »

I can happily announce that I have passed the National A License test and now have access to the online portion of the game.

Look out everyone, here I come!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1325 on: January 24, 2014, 09:40:55 AM »

I can happily announce that I have passed the National A License test and now have access to the online portion of the game.

Look out everyone, here I come!

Congratulations!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1326 on: January 24, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »

Let's keep this tire wear debate going...  In short, I think it's working exactly as it should.  The tires you receive from a pit are the tire you expect to receive, and they perform exactly the same.  The ONLY difference appears to be the sound.

perhaps the sound is messing with your ears and causing a less focussed lap that ends up being slower?

Some of the anecdotes about tire quality are related to offline races, so maybe that's a variable?

Here is what I typed in another thread about it:

TIRE WEAR: I have to disagree with those who say that it is not fixed.  Cr0w and I both were able to run equal or slightly better laps with the replaced tires, and we were both fairly inconsistent last night, so the fact that we got in the ballpark of similar laps before and after a pit, means they can't be very different, if at all.

The "feel" of the tires seemed exactly the same, but the noise was definitely increased with the replacement tires.

We even put on some Sports Softs to see what those felt like, and while they were not that much different from the RH, once you put the RH's back on, you can tell you're in a racing tire.  The replacement tires did not feel like SS's or worse.  Since there is no increment of tire quality between SS and RH, it stands to reason the pit stop did not (for us anyway) give us the incorrect tires.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1327 on: January 24, 2014, 10:03:25 AM »

Let's keep this tire wear debate going...  In short, I think it's working exactly as it should.  The tires you receive from a pit are the tire you expect to receive, and they perform exactly the same.  The ONLY difference appears to be the sound.

Not on my end. As I posted earlier, I'm getting 2-3 laps less out of pit stop tires, compared to the first set. No matter how many times I pit, the first set ALWAYS last longer than any set after. I tested this in an offline race, without weather, or time change. So conditions were consistent throughout the race.

My grandfather told me once..."If it's making noise, it's wearing out." I think that applies here nicely.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1328 on: January 24, 2014, 10:14:31 AM »

oh okay, I think I misunderstood the claim then.  It's not that the tires aren't the same tread/compound when replaced, it's just that they don't last as long.  Gotcha.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1329 on: January 24, 2014, 11:04:57 AM »

oh okay, I think I misunderstood the claim then.  It's not that the tires aren't the same tread/compound when replaced, it's just that they don't last as long.  Gotcha.

Winner! :)

Also, check this planet thread.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/weird-bug-after-pit-stops-in-online-mode.294753/

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1330 on: January 24, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/weird-bug-after-pit-stops-in-online-mode.294753/

:stoopid:   If its a change in tire compound then it is to one that is not available to players in game.  The characteristics do not seem to match any of the other tires available... Except maybe rain tires... hmmm. That may be worth testing.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1331 on: January 24, 2014, 01:09:06 PM »

THanks.  Actually, reading through the various opinions in that thread, each person doing testing has several variables in their testing that could sway results, and many are stating that lap times AND wear rate seem decreased and increased respectively.  That simply is not repeatable in tests I've done with others.  If we pit half way through a race, attempt to place same tires as first half, we are able to achieve a lap time similar to the first half, at least once.  The accel out of corners doesn't seem more slippery, and the car doesn't come around more easily nor brake in longer distances.  The noise is the only thing that I can observe a change in.

Now, whether the new tires last for fewer laps, is not something I've tested, so I can't say anything about that.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1332 on: January 25, 2014, 02:18:49 AM »

Would that be because of the car used, the track, whether weather was chosen, the tires used, tire wear rate, etc?

Could be a lot of variables open still.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1333 on: January 25, 2014, 12:03:37 PM »

Would that be because of the car used, the track, whether weather was chosen, the tires used, tire wear rate, etc?

Could be a lot of variables open still.

My experience with this problem, has been solely on Race Hard tires, and from what I've read, it's more prominent on racing tires. I think it's possibly just more noticeable on race tires, because you start out with some pretty good grip, so when you lose some, even just a little, you notice it. During my tests of this, I was running the Honda HSV base race car, at Apricot hill. The car starts out fairly tight, but after a pit stop, it is noticeably less tight. Now the change is not so drastic, that I'm hanging the rear out, but there's definitely less effort on turn in. On top of that, the rear tires wear out much quicker, than the original set.

I've repeated this with the same car, at the same track, on multiple occassions, with the same results each time. Before and after update 1.03, so the bug has been here a while.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1334 on: January 25, 2014, 12:05:45 PM »

On another note. MMX is kicking my ass in the S license tests. The guy hardly ever races. I gotta get back out there, and put him in his place.  ^-^
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 159   Go Up