SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 12:37:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148426 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1335 on: January 25, 2014, 12:25:07 PM »

On another note. MMX is kicking my ass in the S license tests. The guy hardly ever races. I gotta get back out there, and put him in his place.  ^-^

Well tell him it would be nice to get to see either one of ya a git more often.  8)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1336 on: January 25, 2014, 12:33:56 PM »

On another note. MMX is kicking my ass in the S license tests. The guy hardly ever races. I gotta get back out there, and put him in his place.  ^-^

Well tell him it would be nice to get to see either one of ya a git more often.  8)

Thanks Baked. With the wife working 3th shift, Friday and Saturday nights, are her nights off. So doing a lot of racing then, is tough to plan for, just in case she wants to get freaky.  :D  She had to work last night, our workplace is gearing up for the Super Bowl, so I let MMX work on the rest of the license tests.

Where I use to be all for racing on Friday, and Saturday nights, it's hit or miss now, and during the week I have a better chance. The problem there though is, I can't stay up late, if I plan on getting up for work the next day.  :-\
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1337 on: January 25, 2014, 12:53:21 PM »

Some of east coast old guys need to get an early bird thing going on through the week. I know of three of us that probanly would be tood to go in the 5-8pm east coast time slot. If you or others reading this have an interest speak up.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1338 on: January 25, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »

speaking up;D
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1339 on: January 25, 2014, 05:00:57 PM »

Looney you are always welcome to stop in Brindle and I get together quite frequently during that time slot.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1340 on: January 26, 2014, 06:58:05 PM »

Would that be because of the car used, the track, whether weather was chosen, the tires used, tire wear rate, etc?

Could be a lot of variables open still.

My experience with this problem, has been solely on Race Hard tires, and from what I've read, it's more prominent on racing tires. I think it's possibly just more noticeable on race tires, because you start out with some pretty good grip, so when you lose some, even just a little, you notice it. During my tests of this, I was running the Honda HSV base race car, at Apricot hill. The car starts out fairly tight, but after a pit stop, it is noticeably less tight. Now the change is not so drastic, that I'm hanging the rear out, but there's definitely less effort on turn in. On top of that, the rear tires wear out much quicker, than the original set.

I've repeated this with the same car, at the same track, on multiple occassions, with the same results each time. Before and after update 1.03, so the bug has been here a while.

Today I've run the S class 10 lap thingy at Silverstone.  I have to pit after five laps because I run out of gas on the sixth lap.  When I pit after five laps, I've got plenty of rear tire, but the fronts are worn.  Rears at 6 and fronts down to 4 on racing mediums.  Lap times up to the pit are 2:01 with a 2:06 on the fifth due to the push of the worn out fronts. 

After I pit and keep the racing mediums on, my lap times remain 2:01 until the back tires start to go.  The car is a death trap on the final half and the first race I fell from 2rd place to 10nd in the final two turns because the car was uncontrollable. 

The same thing happened on a different car.  Same lap times, completely different tire results before and after the pit.  To clear this race, I'm going to need a different car, the Corvettes have too much engine.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the biggest issue facing PD.  The tire noise is one thing, the shitty shadows are another, but both pale in comparison to a completely fucked up tire bug.  I remained dumbfounded how this game was released in this condition.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1341 on: January 26, 2014, 08:07:18 PM »

Would that be because of the car used, the track, whether weather was chosen, the tires used, tire wear rate, etc?

Could be a lot of variables open still.

My experience with this problem, has been solely on Race Hard tires, and from what I've read, it's more prominent on racing tires. I think it's possibly just more noticeable on race tires, because you start out with some pretty good grip, so when you lose some, even just a little, you notice it. During my tests of this, I was running the Honda HSV base race car, at Apricot hill. The car starts out fairly tight, but after a pit stop, it is noticeably less tight. Now the change is not so drastic, that I'm hanging the rear out, but there's definitely less effort on turn in. On top of that, the rear tires wear out much quicker, than the original set.

I've repeated this with the same car, at the same track, on multiple occassions, with the same results each time. Before and after update 1.03, so the bug has been here a while.

Today I've run the S class 10 lap thingy at Silverstone.  I have to pit after five laps because I run out of gas on the sixth lap.  When I pit after five laps, I've got plenty of rear tire, but the fronts are worn.  Rears at 6 and fronts down to 4 on racing mediums.  Lap times up to the pit are 2:01 with a 2:06 on the fifth due to the push of the worn out fronts. 

After I pit and keep the racing mediums on, my lap times remain 2:01 until the back tires start to go.  The car is a death trap on the final half and the first race I fell from 2rd place to 10nd in the final two turns because the car was uncontrollable. 

The same thing happened on a different car.  Same lap times, completely different tire results before and after the pit.  To clear this race, I'm going to need a different car, the Corvettes have too much engine.

As far as I'm concerned, this is the biggest issue facing PD.  The tire noise is one thing, the shitty shadows are another, but both pale in comparison to a completely fucked up tire bug.  I remained dumbfounded how this game was released in this condition.

I'd recommend the Rocket.  You should not have to pit at all with it.  The only race I have not been able to win with it is the 24 min. of Le Mans.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1342 on: January 26, 2014, 10:54:35 PM »

:stoopid:

That's what I used too.  Great little car.

The Delta Wing got me through the 24 min of Le Man.  Great on tires and fuel.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 10:57:16 PM by Boston77Bruins »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1343 on: January 27, 2014, 09:02:49 AM »

On Saturday, 65 laps or something like that at DRC, and I got very similar lap times in first and final stint, but did think I observed a LITTLE more rear wear on replacement tires.

I think there's a little problem exacerbated by our desire to mash the gas, and that really increases lap times for some.  But on my final stint, when I was in the lead and knew I could experiment and push lap times as low as I'm able, I got very similar times, lap after lap.

I guess I don't know what the fuck is going on  :-\

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #1344 on: January 27, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »

Is the wheel width changing after a pit, as per the aftermarket wheel issue they just patched?  If so, it could explain what's happening - I would expect the same tire (same design, compound, etc.) in a thinner width to have the same potential for grip, but to be more vulnerable to track conditions, less tolerant of high power/wheel slip/heat/abuse and wear out somewhat faster even when treated well. 

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1345 on: January 27, 2014, 09:51:36 AM »

Is the wheel width changing after a pit, as per the aftermarket wheel issue they just patched?  If so, it could explain what's happening - I would expect the same tire (same design, compound, etc.) in a thinner width to have the same potential for grip, but to be more vulnerable to track conditions, less tolerant of high power/wheel slip/heat/abuse and wear out somewhat faster even when treated well. 

Visually no. Physically?  :-\

A shit ton of people are experiencing this "bug", and I tested it on my other ID over the weekend, with the same results I've had all along.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1346 on: January 27, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »

It's not just the rears for me.  I'm getting completely different results for both the fronts and backs after a pit stop.

Last night, I went back to Silverstone with some sort of Nissan GT-R.  Ran about a second or two faster laps than the Corvette and was slightly better on tires (still, fucked up after the pit).  Had the race wrapped up and was getting ready for my victory speech, when, yep, ran out of gas on the second to last turn.  That's twice now I've listened to the pit crew on gas and gotten fucked. 

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1347 on: January 27, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »

Perhaps its tied to the drive wheels.  With the R18 on racing hards the car would be slightly tail happy on the first stint. Well, tail happy as in throttle endused oversteer. The second stint the car would actually drive better but all around be slower per lap by at least 2 tenths. It generally felt like I could get on the throttle slightly earlier/harder without causing the backend to step out.  I don't think it has anything to do with tire width but its hard to say. The R18 is supposed to have equal size wheels/tires at all four corners.  I would expect oversteer to be worse if the rear tires were smaller.

Just for kicks, and I need the miles, If I have time tonight, I'll take an MR,FR,FF and 4WD, all to the same track with same tires and as close as I can get to weight and power and see what happens.  I'll use apricot hill since it has a lengthy off line race without weather. Not to mention I'm fairly consistant there.  I may even extend it to off line and on.

Actually it may be an excuse to go ahead and start a little testing project that I've been thinking about.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1348 on: January 27, 2014, 12:50:09 PM »

It's not just the rears for me.  I'm getting completely different results for both the fronts and backs after a pit stop.

Last night, I went back to Silverstone with some sort of Nissan GT-R.  Ran about a second or two faster laps than the Corvette and was slightly better on tires (still, fucked up after the pit).  Had the race wrapped up and was getting ready for my victory speech, when, yep, ran out of gas on the second to last turn.  That's twice now I've listened to the pit crew on gas and gotten fucked. 

I will recommend racing hard tires and never trust what the pit crew wants to do with you fuel, almost always just fill it. The refueling calculations were wrong in 5 and not much better in 6.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1349 on: January 27, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »

I will recommend racing hard tires and never trust what the pit crew wants to do with you fuel, almost always just fill it. The refueling calculations were wrong in 5 and not much better in 6.

:stoopid:
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 159   Go Up