SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 01:59:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148430 times)

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1395 on: January 30, 2014, 11:09:04 AM »

@MasterGT

What "inexpensive" cars were you referring to?  I only found one new one under $200K. 

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1396 on: January 30, 2014, 01:47:08 PM »

@MasterGT

What "inexpensive" cars were you referring to?  I only found one new one under $200K.

... looks back a few pages for a reference.

New cars, new hexpensive cars, new Seasonals.

That was hexpensive (uber expensive), not inexpensive. :D

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1397 on: January 30, 2014, 03:28:45 PM »

While home for lunch today logging in for my login bonus. I also got an update. I did not notice the size, maybe it was just for the new seasonals.

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1398 on: January 30, 2014, 03:55:28 PM »

While home for lunch today logging in for my login bonus. I also got an update. I did not notice the size, maybe it was just for the new seasonals.

Its to correct the problem some people had of replays freezing the PS3.

It is listed in the GT6 notifications.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1399 on: January 30, 2014, 04:18:27 PM »

Its to correct the problem some people had of replays freezing the PS3.

It is listed in the GT6 notifications.

Thank you Pete.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1400 on: January 31, 2014, 04:14:31 PM »

The S-1 Challenge thing is bull shit.  Forget putting a tire or two in the grass, if you hit the damned white line on the right in the first right turn, you're off course and get to start over.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1401 on: January 31, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »

The S-1 Challenge thing is bull shit.  Forget putting a tire or two in the grass, if you hit the damned white line on the right in the first right turn, you're off course and get to start over.

I liked that one myself. I even went back and found some more time. Now S-4 and S-5 had me banging my head on the wall for weeks.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:29:47 PM by DudeTuna »

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1402 on: February 02, 2014, 04:40:38 PM »

The S-1 Challenge thing is bull shit.  Forget putting a tire or two in the grass, if you hit the damned white line on the right in the first right turn, you're off course and get to start over.

I liked that one myself. I even went back and found some more time. Now S-4 and S-5 had me banging my head on the wall for weeks.

Car suggestion for S-5 please.  The fast Nissan only goes two laps on fuel and the Audi kills me on tires because the fucking game doesn't seem to let me NOT change tires when I stop for gas.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1403 on: February 02, 2014, 07:53:16 PM »

The S-1 Challenge thing is bull shit.  Forget putting a tire or two in the grass, if you hit the damned white line on the right in the first right turn, you're off course and get to start over.

Car suggestion for S-5 please.  The fast Nissan only goes two laps on fuel and the Audi kills me on tires because the fucking game doesn't seem to let me NOT change tires when I stop for gas.

???  S-5 is the Veyron TT.

Sounds like you're doing a mini-enduro, maybe Le Sarthe. I think I used the R35 Touring Car(GT5 DLC), and maxed it out. If I remember correct, I got lucky with the leader pitting on the last lap, and handing me the win.

Also, the Red Bull Standard championship is a pain in the ass. My main problem with this was Trial Mountain, or in this case Trial Patience. I finished 2rd in the championship twice, once by only 5 points. So I figured out, I had to win at least 3 of the races, and no worse than 2rd for the other two. A 3th would result in a tie, as the same guy always finishes 2rd to you/me, or wins if you don't. I restarted this aggravating shit so many times, I was taking short cuts like crazy at Silverstone just to get it done, and Trial Patience was kicking my ass. It has basicly taken 2-3 days to win this damn championship. The AI are dicks. On the bright side, all the re-runs of this, I've won millions in credits. Bastards.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:03:53 PM by ChromeTuna »
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1404 on: February 02, 2014, 09:58:57 PM »

I'm a little different Chrome. 
Apricot Hill is where the AI have been dicks to me.  Have come in first place on the first two races countless times only to be punted at Apricot Hill so many times that I end up with no chance at winning gold for the series event.  It is pissing me off.

Rick, I used the Rocket for all events in "S" except for the 24 Mins of La Mon.  I think.  I've been drinkin'

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1405 on: February 03, 2014, 12:08:06 AM »

I changed my tire strategy a bit since PD has massively fucked up the tire modeling with this pit stop bug thing.  After accepting I was going to have to make a pit stop for one freaking lap, I went out fairly easily and then realized everyone was pitting on the 7th lap so I won by half a lap.

Tried the first race of the Red Bull thing, but was a bit tipsy by then.  Sounds like it's going to suck ass too.  There are so many things I'd change with this game, and the same fucking guy winning or coming in second in the championship races is in the top five.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1406 on: February 03, 2014, 06:26:38 AM »

I'm a little different Chrome. 
Apricot Hill is where the AI have been dicks to me.  Have come in first place on the first two races countless times only to be punted at Apricot Hill so many times that I end up with no chance at winning gold for the series event.  It is pissing me off.

Indeed. Apricot Hill is one of the races I was finishing 2rd in almost every time, never won it. Which really bugs me, with the amount of time I've spent there, but the leader is just too fast, or I'm too slow. I managed to get a win at the other four tracks, but AH continues to elude me.

Also, I cheated like a motherfucker on the Vettel events, and still only managed a bronze, gold, bronze. I hate those cars.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1407 on: February 03, 2014, 07:32:01 AM »

Vettel challenge can kiss my ring. Got the fucker golded and had the most trouble at Suzie which is my fav of the 3 tracks. Prize fantasy cars are in the boneyard where they can stay....pieces  of amphibian :shit
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1408 on: February 03, 2014, 09:12:17 AM »

Also, I cheated like a motherfucker on the Vettel events.... I hate those cars.

:stoopid:

Vettel challenge can kiss my ring. Got the fucker golded and had the most trouble at Suzie which is my fav of the 3 tracks. Prize fantasy cars are in the boneyard where they can stay....pieces  of amphibian :shit

I concur

As much as I'm not a fan of that sort of single-seater race car I actually kind of enjoyed the earlier RedBull Junior evnet, the "big boy" versions on the other hand can get stuffed :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1409 on: February 03, 2014, 09:46:26 AM »

As much as I'm not a fan of that sort of single-seater race car I actually kind of enjoyed the earlier RedBull Junior evnet, the "big boy" versions on the other hand can get stuffed :).

The RB Jr. is a lot of fun, and the only one out of the group I care to drive.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 159   Go Up