SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 04:54:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148406 times)

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1425 on: February 06, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »

How can you tell who is online like we used to do to look for the cookies?

Click the Online icon, once in there, check the box for Friends Only Rooms.  :)

I have a question about something I noticed in GT5 that I still seem to be having a problem with in GT6, involving the little interval clock thingy that tells how far behind the leader you are or how far in front of the second place car you are.

Back in 5, regardless of whether or not I was in 1rd or 16nd, sometimes it didn't show the interval...didn't matter whether or not I was ahead or behind.

On Tuesday, I noticed something similar in 6 (Tuesday was my first night online).  The difference between 5 and 6 is that in 6, it showed me my interval behind the leader in red on every single occasional, but it NEVER, repeat, NEVER showed the interval when I was in the lead.

Offline works fine, I can see the interval in either red or blue showing the gap.  But online is a different story.  Is this something they've taken out of the game or am I just too stupid to find a toggle to turn it on?

I was noticing some pretty wacky time splits, during free run. The 1rd sector would be a realistic difference, but the rest of them would have me 5, 10, 30 MINUTES behind the fast time. Now I know I can be pretty slow, but come on, I'm not that bad.  :P

I saw this too, but only in practice.  The split times worked fine in actual racing, but I never saw the interval on the second place car when I was in the lead, only the gap between me and the leader when I was behind. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1426 on: February 06, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »

Just go to the Online Lobby and check the Friend's Rooms Only.

I think the only rooms it will not show is if your friend is in a friends room that you are not friends with.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1427 on: February 06, 2014, 12:19:54 PM »

Click the Online icon, once in there, check the box for Friends Only Rooms.  :)

I have a question about something I noticed in GT5 that I still seem to be having a problem with in GT6, involving the little interval clock thingy that tells how far behind the leader you are or how far in front of the second place car you are.

Back in 5, regardless of whether or not I was in 1rd or 16nd, sometimes it didn't show the interval...didn't matter whether or not I was ahead or behind.

On Tuesday, I noticed something similar in 6 (Tuesday was my first night online).  The difference between 5 and 6 is that in 6, it showed me my interval behind the leader in red on every single occasional, but it NEVER, repeat, NEVER showed the interval when I was in the lead.

Offline works fine, I can see the interval in either red or blue showing the gap.  But online is a different story.  Is this something they've taken out of the game or am I just too stupid to find a toggle to turn it on?

I was noticing some pretty wacky time splits, during free run. The 1rd sector would be a realistic difference, but the rest of them would have me 5, 10, 30 MINUTES behind the fast time. Now I know I can be pretty slow, but come on, I'm not that bad.  :P

I saw this too, but only in practice.  The split times worked fine in actual racing, but I never saw the interval on the second place car when I was in the lead, only the gap between me and the leader when I was behind. 

The intervals seem to be hit and miss depending on hosted room type, number of players and their connection. I have had interval splits at every sector and other times I have only had intervals at the start finish line. 

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1428 on: February 06, 2014, 12:31:55 PM »

Just go to the Online Lobby and check the Friend's Rooms Only.

I think the only rooms it will not show is if your friend is in a friends room that you are not friends with.

I don't think that is correct.  I see all the TPRA events which are hosted by non-friend listers but have people on my friends list in the room.

The only thing I don't know is if I could go into a room that has a friend in it but is hosted by a non-friend.

Edit: Then again perhaps they were not friend only rooms, and only appeared in the friend list becuase a friend was in the room.

I think I just made my head hurt.  :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:36:21 PM by dlrws6 »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1429 on: February 06, 2014, 12:38:13 PM »

Correct they were hosted in an Open Room and not a Friends only.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1430 on: February 06, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

I haven't joined a strangers room in a long time.  But, I had been able to join a friend regardless of host.  I'm unsure if we still can after updates.

I just read dlrws post and now I am sure I have no idea what I'm talking about.  I never thought about the room host settings.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:45:12 PM by Boston77Bruins »

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1431 on: February 06, 2014, 12:57:42 PM »

I was doing a little RTFM this morning...

ROOM HOSTING
If a host is fixed; room dies when host exits.

If not fixed, the hosting stays under the creator account when they leave but the room has a different host.

This explains why I saw DM's Sunday Room in Friends Only mode but when I arrived there was no one left that I was friends with.  But I could still race...

BANDWIDTH
Couldn't find any numbers but GT6 seems to require more than GT5.  (Though it could be that Time Warner throttled back "turbo" roadrunner during my 3mos of downtime from GT...

I do know that SPEEDTEST showed me at well under what "turbo" was when I signed up.  I am now "Ultimate 50". 

Hopefully this will make me a better host.  Again...

My connection was showing NAT2 but it couldn't determine bandwidth.  I will try tonight and see what it says then.

FREE RUN
Seems to track your time in a room.  Last Sunday I logged in at noon ET and ran about 3laps andd then just sat in the pits.  Snake showed up about 12:45pm ET and when he joined free run I pulled out of the pits and my laptime was something like 33min.  Following laps were normal.  Sat for about 12min while others were joining.  My laptime was about 12min when I started running again.  The subsequent laps were what I had been running earlier.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1432 on: February 06, 2014, 03:19:47 PM »

Fixed host is a double-edged s-word...

It makes it so that everyone's connection to each other doesnt' matter, only the host, but it means that the host HAS to have a good connection to everyone in the room.  It of course also means that if they leave or get disco'd, that the room dies.

IMO it's better most of the time to use non-fixed and have individual participants try to troubleshoot their individual problems...

I find that if I am racing with people I have never raced with before, (at least since new game was released) the game does not allow me to connect as well.  NExt time I see them, I can actually SEE them on the track, where I couldn't before.

I think the network is learning, or being constantely adjusted to avoid specific problems.  I say try out Fixed if you want to -- but be aware of its drawbacks -- and also wait and see how well they get this machine oiled up.  It still has some work, to be sure.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1433 on: February 06, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that I'm a NAT 2.  

Was I the only one who was having trouble with your room?  I know the countdown clock for the races was a little wonky, but my issue was different.  I was still in free run when the races started, and was never able to make a race.  

I reset all my components hoping that would help.  It didn't.  

I raced with MGT on Monday and got in a few races at TuTu.  No issues at all that I could notice.   Maybe someone can say if I was lagging or not.  My screen looked good and I never felt contact, but who knows.

I saw the speed test numbers of yours. Could that have been an issue?  I'm at a loss because I have never had trouble connecting with your room.

Boston, I was close to you in 1 race for a while Monday and saw no sign of lag at all
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1434 on: February 06, 2014, 09:04:57 PM »

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1435 on: February 07, 2014, 08:39:49 AM »

Check out the mileage testing, this guy at GTP has done.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-%E2%80%93-oil-engine-and-high-mileage-hp-deterioration-guide.302338/

that IS really impressive.

But...

- The oil ‘begins to deteriorate’ at 5,000 km

What????  I've been in races with an oil changed car, run 65 laps at daytona and the HP was definitely down from the 5% boost by the end of it.  I haven't done the math, but I don't think that race was 5,000 km ???

I think it might have something to do with how you drive the car?  Higher revs and spending lots of time at high revs might dirty the oil faster?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1436 on: February 07, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »

I think he's saying past the initial boost you get (5%).

In other words...

- New car @ 300 hp
- Perform Oil change (+5%) = 315 hp
- From 200 km to 300 km the 5% hp gain starts to drop off. So at 300km the car would be back to 300 hp
- From 300 km to 5000 km not much happens
- After 5000 km, hp will drop below the original 300 when car was bought new
- For example, at 6000 km, the car may have 298 hp.

I could be wrong there.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1437 on: February 07, 2014, 12:14:20 PM »

In other words...

- New car @ 300 hp
- From 200 km to 300 km the 5% hp gain starts to drop off. So at 300km the car would be back to 300 hp

I could be wrong there.

I think that is correct and matches bascialy what I've experience.

I was going to do some testing like this but had not made it past 500 miles.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1438 on: February 07, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »

In other words...

- New car @ 300 hp

I could be wrong there.

Thanks.  That could explain it.  If so, then you need to be the one who explains it from now on :D

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1439 on: February 08, 2014, 08:58:31 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 159   Go Up