SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 04:44:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148437 times)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1440 on: February 08, 2014, 11:58:50 AM »

That person can drive! I have a hard enough time winning race going forward!

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #1441 on: February 11, 2014, 08:40:14 AM »

I had my 1rd online experience with GT6 on Friday.

Just looking around and I see Charlie has a late night room open and Wiz is there as well as Tanker. I join and they have a race going on with a Jag around London so I figure why not, so I go out and buy the car and out fit it with all I need to get it to spec and then tune it up with something off the cuff.

OK, I go and practice a little and then go and adjust it which helps a lot and now I'm ready to go. Just in time for the start and I should mention that it's now about 12:50am EST. We get the start and we're all together around turn 1 when BAM, discoed. FUCK, now I try to go back buck the room is gone and I'm thinking that Charlie is setting it up again so I wait a few minutes.

I think well it's now 1:00am and I'm pretty tired with a lot to do on Saturday, FUCK it I might as well go to bed. What a waste of time and a bunch of credits that was. It was good seeing everyone for a few minutes and I'll give it another go soon. I hope that isn't a sign of how things will be with GT6.

I don't know where Charlie posted the event but hopefully it will be a regular event.

Also something else I noticed was when tuning and I adjust the tranny final gear the speed doesn't change, that makes it pretty hard to figure out the top speed the old way. Am I missing something or is this the new way?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:18:35 AM by LastLeafFan »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1442 on: February 11, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »

Charlie runs the Midnight thingy on Fridays still, I think.  That's probably what you found.

And, if the room was gone when you came back, it could be that Charlie was disco'd and that ended the room.  If he was using Fixed Host, it would have killed the room if he was dropped for whatever reason.

I've noticed that first time racers and racing with new people (new in GT6) there are more problems.

Keep at it, and I would venture a guess that it will improve.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1443 on: February 11, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »

I had my 1rd online experience with GT6 on Friday.

Just looking around and I see Charlie has a late night room open and Wiz is there as well as Tanker. I join and they have a race going on with a Jag around London so I figure why not, so I go out and buy the car and out fit it with all I need to get it to spec and then tune it up with something off the cuff.

OK, I go and practice a little and then go and adjust it which helps a lot and now I'm ready to go. Just in time for the start and I should mention that it's now about 12:50am EST. We get the start and we're all together around turn 1 when BAM, discoed. FUCK, now I try to go back buck the room is gone and I'm thinking that Charlie is setting it up again so I wait a few minutes.

I think well it's now 1:00am and I'm pretty tired with a lot to do on Saturday, FUCK it I might as well go to bed. What a waste of time and a bunch of credits that was. It was good seeing everyone for a few minutes and I'll give it another go soon. I hope that isn't a sign of how things will be with GT6.

I don't know where Charlie posted the event but hopefully it will be a regular event.

Also something else I noticed was when tuning and I adjust the tranny final gear the speed doesn't change, that makes it pretty hard to figure out the top speed the old way. Am I missing something or is this the new way?

It may be a game browser issue. I know some people couldn't find a race with the friend filter and had to narrow it by track. I have had to reboot the PS3 and restart GT6 once to see a server I knew was there.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1444 on: February 11, 2014, 02:58:02 PM »

What the shit did they do to the PSN Forums?

Blech.

At least give me a darker theme, asap.  I HATE predominantly white websites.  They hurt.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1445 on: February 11, 2014, 03:00:20 PM »

Blech.

At least give me a darker theme, asap.  I HATE predominantly white websites.  They hurt.

They seem to have difficulty sticking with a look. One of the many reasons I quit going there.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1446 on: February 11, 2014, 03:12:39 PM »

Blech.

:ditto :stoopid:

I can't even be bothered to log in and register my disgust to the forum change on any of the threads about it over there, hopefully there will be some personal customization options so it can at least be set to some less eye-burningly bright colour scheme.

What was the point behind the change, was it a switch to a different type of forum software or just some kind of arbitrary style / formatting change "just because"?

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1447 on: February 11, 2014, 03:16:14 PM »

Blech.

They seem to have difficulty sticking with a look. One of the many reasons I quit going there.

OMG thats hideous.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1448 on: February 11, 2014, 03:29:10 PM »

:stoopid: :stoopid: :stoopid:

I completely agree.  It signed me in automaticaloy, so I registered my disgust.  Hpefully they change it again ... "soon".

Until then, it's really hard to even go there.  That spells disaster for a lot of things I and others have going there... oh well.  At least there's this little pond

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1449 on: February 13, 2014, 12:34:15 PM »

There be new seasonals mateys.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1450 on: February 13, 2014, 12:42:27 PM »

There be new seasonals mateys.

Tried to run the Willow Springs one, but my power keeps blinking on/off. I did get in about 7-8 laps, and was a tenth off gold, so it's not a one and done.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1451 on: February 14, 2014, 12:13:15 PM »

The new seasonal at Chamonix is pretty fun.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1452 on: February 14, 2014, 12:55:10 PM »

Indeedy!

Word of advice for that evnet.  TAKE OFF THE AYC!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1453 on: February 14, 2014, 03:16:45 PM »

Indeedy!

I need to check this out.  I ran it only 5 times yesterday before having to bail on it.  I believe I had that on for the first 3 and then I put on a LSD for the last 2.  Damned if I remember which one was better for me.

These events are nice!  They are going to take some time (for me anyway) to get those golds.  I like the challenge.  I don't like seeing your little blue sperms ahead of me though

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1454 on: February 14, 2014, 03:31:11 PM »

Indeedy!

I need to check this out.  I ran it only 5 times yesterday before having to bail on it.  I believe I had that on for the first 3 and then I put on a LSD for the last 2.  Damned if I remember which one was better for me.

These events are nice!  They are going to take some time (for me anyway) to get those golds.  I like the challenge.  I don't like seeing your little blue sperms ahead of me though

I didn't think to take off the AYC.  I'll have to try that.  I forgot to turn off traction control when I started.  That was an exercise in futility.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 159   Go Up