SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 01:17:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148428 times)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1500 on: March 07, 2014, 07:46:09 AM »

I agree Agent, and as far as GT6 goes, I think it's starting to catch up with them.  Sure people were upset with GT5, and it's slow progressive updates, but 6 has stirred up way more emotion this time around. PD is fucking up, and really needs to either deliver something good, or start communicating why they haven't delivered.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1501 on: March 07, 2014, 08:23:56 AM »

One or two more things .....

I'd be tempted to pop a GT disk back in if we went back to GT5. The reason being .... it worked.  I dont have the luxury of spending hours upon hours every day fighting with GT6 to make it work.  The PS3 in general is supposed to be a happy place for me .... frustration quickly sets in when GT6 cant/wont/isnt able to to perform the simpliest function in connecting me to a lobby.

Who gives a crap about a new car.  The game in itself needs to be fixed.  I havent verified, but I've read several times that the GT5 servers are still full.

Move on to RockStar .... I have mad kudos for them the way they attacked the initial online launch problems.  They FIXED the game.  Although it took quite awhile ... they FIXED all the hacking. well 90% of it.  With all those unanticipated problems ... it certainly put them way behind in rollouts.  The latest, v1.11, really seems to be the one that pushed them back up to speed. In addition, everything (as in previously too) is FREE.  In addition again .... they gave alot of things back to the players they took away.  Alot of that had to do with the uproar of unhappy gamers.  RockStar recognized it and has responded admirably.  Can RockStar improve?  Absolutely .... but they've come along way in the last couple of months in making the game better .... by making the players happy.

GT6 is GTSux ......

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #1502 on: March 07, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »

Meh, I think people are more than a little spolied too (pointing my finger at myself as well, I've done my share of whining).  Expectations go over the moon and reality fails to meet them.  

I'm not sure it's such an extortion going on.. I've gotten many hours of entertainment from GTA so far, pennies to the hour, and although GT6 hasn't gotten there yet for me I think it will.  

GTA5 is the first online venture for GTA, and while the lack of promised features is pretty frustrating (I'm certainly not able to maintain an online-every-day interest at this point)  I think they simply needed to do more bug squashing than they planned and delays started to compound.

GT6 shoulda been held for ps4, in my opinion, the physics improvements are easily overshadowed by the limited AI and network issues.  The visual improvements are there when you look for them, but are easy to take for granted.  Hopefully the modular approach they touted means that the next-gen game will come together more seamlessly and allow them to fix problem areas.  

TLDR / summary:  It's up to us, as consumers, to determine our attitude toward these games and what we get from them.  They are addictive toys and we should approach them with some reserve.  We can't let ourselves become crackheads, banging on the devs door at 3AM begging for a new update cuz we need our fix.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:56:19 AM by no_affiliations »

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #1503 on: March 07, 2014, 08:55:22 AM »

I don't think I could go back to GT5 - its not better than six, the only things better are my already-existing garage and the community features (mainly gifting).  Servers might have been marginally better, but I'm not entirely convinced of that - a major issue I've always had with it is inconsistent 'feel' online, and that was certainly there in 5.

My biggest problem with 6 aside from weird online physics is not having any desire to do the offline 'catch the rabbit' races, so I don't have credits to buy cars for the interesting online racing.  I will not pay real money to unlock them/ get credits, as I consider that shitty (on the publishers part). 

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1504 on: March 07, 2014, 10:43:18 AM »

With the way things are going for this game, you'd think it was PD's first one, instead of their sixth.

Jordan at GTP said
I reached out to SCEA again tonight, and, unfortunately, they are still unable to provide any comment on the status of a new Vision GT car in Geneva.

I know many of you were probably looking forward to it after my recent suggestive post. To clarify, I had confirmation from two independent and highly trusted sources that a certain car company would be debuting their Vision GT concept today (March 6th), but, clearly, there has been a delay or change of plans. I apologize if I've contributed to the disappointment; plans always seem to be changing behind the scenes.

Of course, the Geneva Auto Show still has more days to come, and the infamous "February update" for GT6 is now yet another week past due, so it feels like something has to happen sooner rather than later. We'll just have wait to see, but I'm now in the dark just as much as the rest of you regarding what's going to happen next.

This quote was what I was worried about.  An update that has a vision GT car.  No mention of new tracks, no real cars, no new features.  Yippie, another Vision GT car that you can't do a thing to.  It will sit in storage until PD decides to run a seasonal with it.
Also, the list of those cars is large and we have seen only 2 of them.  How long will it take for that list to get filled???  Are they more concerned about getting those cars done before all of the features they said we'd get?  At the rate they are going GT10 will be ready.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1505 on: March 07, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »

With the way things are going for this game, you'd think it was PD's first one, instead of their sixth.

Jordan at GTP said
I reached out to SCEA again tonight, and, unfortunately, they are still unable to provide any comment on the status of a new Vision GT car in Geneva.

I know many of you were probably looking forward to it after my recent suggestive post. To clarify, I had confirmation from two independent and highly trusted sources that a certain car company would be debuting their Vision GT concept today (March 6th), but, clearly, there has been a delay or change of plans. I apologize if I've contributed to the disappointment; plans always seem to be changing behind the scenes.

Of course, the Geneva Auto Show still has more days to come, and the infamous "February update" for GT6 is now yet another week past due, so it feels like something has to happen sooner rather than later. We'll just have wait to see, but I'm now in the dark just as much as the rest of you regarding what's going to happen next.

This quote was what I was worried about.  An update that has a vision GT car.  No mention of new tracks, no real cars, no new features.  Yippie, another Vision GT car that you can't do a thing to.  It will sit in storage until PD decides to run a seasonal with it.
Also, the list of those cars is large and we have seen only 2 of them.  How long will it take for that list to get filled???  Are they more concerned about getting those cars done before all of the features they said we'd get?  At the rate they are going GT10 will be ready.

news like that is driven by the marketing side of the business.  when someone leaks that a VGT car is coming in a new update, that is because that's the thing they're interested in leaking.  Someone probably knew PD was going to the Geneva car show, and put two and two together, asked some questions, and then someone admitted that part of their role there was to reveal a concept car with a particular company.  The GAME aspect of GT6 doesn't factor into that at all.  It doesn't preculde the possibility that a game update with a VGT car could also include much more -- it just wasn't relevant in the context of attenging the Geneva show...

There's still hope.. but yea it's mostly just hope I agree ;)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1506 on: March 07, 2014, 12:50:53 PM »

I'm tempted to post a long rant but in truth what good would it do.  So I'll summarize my current view of the situation.

1. I don't care about DLC. The game has plenty of cars and tracks as it is and another 3 lap A-spec race or B-spec setting won't make me play the game more.

2. If PD wants me to play or buy any more of their games they need to fix (and should have already or given a reason as to why not) the bugs and glitches within GT6.

3. I'm of firm belief the majority of the issues with GT will not be fixed by moving to the PS4 and/or its Playstation Plus scheme, and that the issues spawn from an internal PD or Sony problem. In other words the execs and programmers.

4. Pcars will not be anywhere near as awesome as everyone seems to think it is going to be when or more likely if it is ever distributed to consoles.

5. Bugs and all I still plan on running Undy and Cote'd Rockets even if I'm the only one that shows up. After that, may be up to PD.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #1507 on: March 08, 2014, 09:02:22 AM »

Meh, I think people are more than a little spolied too (pointing my finger at myself as well, I've done my share of whining).  Expectations go over the moon and reality fails to meet them.  

Agree.

I'd be tempted to pop a GT disk back in if we went back to GT5. The reason being .... it worked.  I dont have the luxury of spending hours upon hours every day fighting with GT6 to make it work.  The PS3 in general is supposed to be a happy place for me .... frustration quickly sets in when GT6 cant/wont/isnt able to to perform the simpliest function in connecting me to a lobby.

If the lobbies are still around, TuTu is considering running a GT5 event or two - if there's interest!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1508 on: March 08, 2014, 09:28:19 AM »

Agree.

If the lobbies are still around, TuTu is considering running a GT5 event or two - if there's interest!

May 20, 2014, Gran Turismo 5 will have its online features disabled

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #1509 on: March 08, 2014, 10:09:13 AM »

May 20, 2014, Gran Turismo 5 will have its online features disabled

maybe this will help  :-\
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1510 on: March 09, 2014, 04:29:23 PM »

Maintenance scheduled for 9pdt tonight, should be finished by 11pdt if I got my conversion right (so probably not).  Hopefully we get a new update.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1511 on: March 09, 2014, 10:33:01 PM »

Maintenance scheduled for 9pdt tonight, should be finished by 11pdt if I got my conversion right (so probably not).  Hopefully we get a new update.

apparently the update is up.  Doesn't sound like they added much.  Multimonitor support, karts on all tracks.

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1512 on: March 09, 2014, 11:13:26 PM »

They've added a "Car Search" which is works great, and added the "Copy" feature to the car settings.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1513 on: March 10, 2014, 12:29:51 AM »

I actually think that this update is worse than I thought it would be.  I figured we'd at least get a new imaginary car and a new seasonal.  Instead we only got an old car with a new paint job and no new seasonals.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1514 on: March 10, 2014, 05:46:07 AM »

From what I'm reading, the Black M4 is gone, and it seems it was put in initially by mistake, as it's the prize car for the Asian BMW TT evnet.

Undocumented update changes copy/pasted from GTP...

This is the main part of the update:

Additional Features in the Open Lobby
- [Time Trial], [Drift Trial], and [Free Run] have been added to the [Race Type] option within [Room Settings] of the Event Settings screen.

- It is now possible to also [Filter by Performance] even when [Car Selection Method] is set to [Filter by Make] or [Filter by Category].

- It is now possible to select Karts in one make races held on weather enabled tracks.

- It is now possible to check regulation settings in the confirmation popup dialog before entering a room.

- In the [Race Alone] mode for the Qualifier, cars other than yours (when only spectating, cars other than the one in focus) will appear as lines.

Multi-monitor Compatibility
[Multi-Monitor Settings] has been added to the [Start Button]>[Options]>[Display] options.

Car Search
A [Car Search] feature has been added to the [CARS] section in My Home. You can specify the desired parameters to search for a particular car in the Car Dealerships.

Sale of Racing Gear in Individual Colors
The sale of Racing Gear has been changed from full color sets to individual colors. Some of the pricing for racing gear have changed accordingly.

Kart Adjustments Options Expanded
- [Traction Control] is now available to adjust in the [Driving Options]. [Skid Recovery Force] is also now available.

- [Brake Balance] is now available to adjust in [Machine Settings]. Only the rear can be adjusted in Normal Karts, while both the front and rear can be adjusted in Shifter Karts.

Other Improvements/Adjustments
- An icon that shows the login bonus stage (1-5 days in succession) has been added to the top of the [My Home] screen and the prize receiving dialog.

- The increments of the [Front/Rear Torque Split] in [Car Settings] has been changed from 5 to 1.

Also, people are reporting major improvements in the appearance of some "standard" cars, and all open cockpits cars, are labeled as having "detailed interior".

Also, also, the pit stop tire bug is supposedly still present. Not sure I even care enough to check it anymore.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:52:37 AM by ChromeTuna »
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 159   Go Up