SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:20:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148437 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1605 on: April 15, 2014, 12:15:52 PM »

Good luck to anyone who's going to try and make a run for the top spot.  :)

Our community should share what we learn to see as many of us reach our individual potential as possible.  

We could share info and pats on the back or tips here in this thread http://www.supatunagt.com/smf/index.php?topic=1733.0
or we could start a new one for this years edition. I don't know, is there enough interest in doing so. Anyone got some thoughts?

Sounds good, Baked. A "GT Academy 2014" thread would probably be the way to go, I think.

I have no chance, or even desire for the top spot, but I'll put in a good effort, just to see what I can do.

dmcallis

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1606 on: April 16, 2014, 11:24:22 AM »

My goal in the academy is always just to try to win the Prize Cars.  That's my minimum.  I'll go and see just how fast I can get in some rounds, but once I reach the prize level, the pressure is off.

Having said that, Hey PD where are the prizes for last year's event?

Yeah, I expect them to give us a new track as part of this year's event.  I'd see them using it for the preliminary rounds, then use Silverstone for the final round(s).  But then the "How quickly can you learn a track you have never seen before" is valid too in an event like this, so maybe not on Silverstone...

I would have put this in the GTA 2014 thread, but... ::)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1607 on: April 16, 2014, 12:15:54 PM »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1608 on: April 16, 2014, 12:21:20 PM »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1609 on: April 19, 2014, 09:55:14 AM »

Apparently, that is only able to be done on a jail-broken PS3 and the save-file (or whatever necessary for the plebes to do similar things) has not been released yet.

Theoretically, anyone who was able to do such things before on the PS3 with GT5 would be able to do something like this with GT6. So far, this has been contained, but I can only think that PD would love to leave the PS3 behind ASAP.

I just want to add that, apparently, the modders are doing something a bit different with 6. They are connecting a PC to the PS3 and somehow reading its memory, taking a snapshot. They are then able to compare with the basic code and figure out what they need to change. I am not sure, but they may also be able to save that snapshot and work from it.

The point being that, no matter what PD does on the PS3 now, they can't hide anything because the modders are looking at what is running in memory. This is bad news and I am not sure how this will affect newer hardware, such as the PS4, either, but PD has to consider what this means to contests, if nothing else.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1610 on: April 19, 2014, 11:49:37 AM »

Apparently, that is only able to be done on a jail-broken PS3 and the save-file (or whatever necessary for the plebes to do similar things) has not been released yet.

Theoretically, anyone who was able to do such things before on the PS3 with GT5 would be able to do something like this with GT6. So far, this has been contained, but I can only think that PD would love to leave the PS3 behind ASAP.

I just want to add that, apparently, the modders are doing something a bit different with 6. They are connecting a PC to the PS3 and somehow reading its memory, taking a snapshot. They are then able to compare with the basic code and figure out what they need to change. I am not sure, but they may also be able to save that snapshot and work from it.

The point being that, no matter what PD does on the PS3 now, they can't hide anything because the modders are looking at what is running in memory. This is bad news and I am not sure how this will affect newer hardware, such as the PS4, either, but PD has to consider what this means to contests, if nothing else.

The keys to the PS3 were unlocked a few years ago by whathisface. I think everyone should have realized then anything released  for the PS3 could easily be cracked.

I believe this is why we have such disregard for GT6 from PD. I do believe they should forgo their monetary pursuit of game credits and just give us folks who don't alter the game some in game money from seasonals and such.    

The best we can hope for is they learned their lesson and have got the PS4 locked pretty dam tight. If that is the case I have no problem purchasing a PS4 and GT?.

Also, make sure the PS4 supports proper hardware.   
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:52:30 AM by DudeTuna »

no_affiliations

• Longtail Tuna
« Reply #1611 on: April 19, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »

The keys to the PS3 were unlocked a few years ago by whathisface. I think everyone should have realized then anything released  for the PS3 could easily be cracked.

I believe this is why we have such disregard for GT6 from PD. I do believe they should forgo their monetary pursuit of game credits and just give us folks who don't alter the game some in game money from seasonals and such.    

The best we can hope for is they learned their lesson and have got the PS4 locked pretty dam tight. If that is the case I have no problem purchasing a PS4 and GT?.

Also, make sure the PS4 supports proper hardware.   

:stoopid:

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1612 on: April 21, 2014, 11:25:52 AM »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1613 on: April 30, 2014, 06:20:23 AM »

I just happen to stumble across this...

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8806688.html

Grand Finale online evnet for GT5, will award you 5 cars in GT6. Nothing special about them, and most of us probably own them already, but free cars, are free cars.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1614 on: May 01, 2014, 05:16:40 AM »

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #1615 on: May 01, 2014, 06:30:57 AM »

cant remember how to view gt5 time trial data but I managed a rather quick is time in the first half of the GT5 Finale Event I did a 1:16.604 not that quick I know but for me 2 seconds quicker than a gold time is quick I suck at time trials I am 414 in the global ranking well for now I am 
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1616 on: May 01, 2014, 07:42:17 AM »

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/senna/

awesome!

that's at least a Lotus F1 car, possibly more Senna in-game content, and non-senna content...

statements like these are key:

"leading up to the release of more in-game racing content in the latter half of May"

"Introducing the "Ayrton Senna Tribute" in the May update"

Note that they say "in the May update", not "Ayrton Senna content arrives in May".  Since this was certainly written for an English speaking audience, that verbage is significant.  That signifies there is a possibility of more coming in May as well.  It looks and feels as though we're in for a bigger surprise than we might be able to immediately see.

Also, note that the announcement says nothing about a Lotus car, but shows a sneak peek of the car.  That means there is more than is being announced, and they are intentionally trying to build hype and intentionally trying not to make big promises.  While that sounds sort of gloomy from one perspective, it signals they are starting to understand their (PD's) flaws and do something about it...

One step at a time just like the rest of us.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1617 on: May 01, 2014, 10:26:01 AM »

More content is good new indeed.  :)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1618 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32:04 AM »

A base model version of that Lotus would be awesome.  It would be cool to see 16 of those in different colors and numbers flying around Indy speedway.

I really need a modern Indy sim. mmmm... a sim that allows you to race every car and race at Indy from 1911 to current, including track variations from the early days of Tar to a full yard of bricks to its paved variations... Maybe even a balloon race from 1909... sigh, I can dream... ^-^

Also, I noticed the word Free. I'm kinda surprised by this and/or there is a catch. I would have expected a pay to play situation with all or the majority of the proceeds going to the Foundation.

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 159   Go Up