SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:42:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148410 times)

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1620 on: May 01, 2014, 03:36:56 PM »

Wait wait wait. Are we for real getting a JPS Lotus!? Hell yeah!

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1621 on: May 01, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »

Looks good to me too!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1622 on: May 02, 2014, 07:34:47 AM »

Also, I noticed the word Free. I'm kinda surprised by this and/or there is a catch. I would have expected a pay to play situation with all or the majority of the proceeds going to the Foundation.

Not surprised.  It brings a LOT of publicity to the foundation, in exchange for honoring their founder.  Seems like a win win win for all involved, and only cost PD some money to produce it, but that helps to sell a few more copies of the game, so all win!

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1623 on: May 03, 2014, 10:56:51 PM »

Related:  Some dude went to the Senna tribute and posted this album - http://imgur.com/a/70UZ7

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1624 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:55 PM »

At this point, this is just a rumour which should get straightened out by / at E3:

"Gran Turismo 6 will come to PS4 with improved 1080p/60fps visuals and extra features/tracks in Mid/Late 2015."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1625 on: May 08, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »

At this point, this is just a rumour which should get straightened out by / at E3:

"Gran Turismo 6 will come to PS4 with improved 1080p/60fps visuals and extra features/tracks in Mid/Late 2015."
they would be better off supporting this PS3 version better, and putting out a "7" prologue for PS4 and leaving it at that until the next full game is ready.  Splitting us up across two systems in the game would just about kill the community and possibly the franchise -- because they specifically promised not to do it, and because there will be alternatives by that time.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1626 on: May 08, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »

Mid/late 2015

Matters not.  Once Project Cars drops in November, the GT franchise gets retired. (That's the plan anyway).

I agree with you Ex.  I just don't get this plan.  Slow suicide is more like it.

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1627 on: May 08, 2014, 11:01:10 AM »

they would be better off supporting this PS3 version better, and putting out a "7" prologue for PS4 and leaving it at that until the next full game is ready.  Splitting us up across two systems in the game would just about kill the community and possibly the franchise -- because they specifically promised not to do it, and because there will be alternatives by that time.

Indeed.  Also, you will need PS+ on PS4 in order to play online.  Unless you already have a PS4 and want the better graphics, the community base on GT7P is going to be small, relatively speaking.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1628 on: May 08, 2014, 12:00:29 PM »

First off, thank you Master GT for sharing this news/rumor with us.  Normally I'd dismiss such a thing but coming from you as apposed to any one else in the community gives the rumor substance.

With that being said, if this is true.

:( 

But I am happy for those that want it on the PS4.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1629 on: May 08, 2014, 12:19:04 PM »

This rumor originated over at neogaf.  Now, there are a lot of "inside" guys over there, but I'm not putting much stock into it yet.  I'll wait for E3.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1630 on: May 12, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »

Am I the only one that feels like the support for GT6 from PD, pay to play or free, has been ridiculously piss poor?  Talk about a massive turn off.

For the love of GOD can we please get some hyper cars like the LaFerrari or McLaren P1?!?!

PSN ID = dawson864

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1631 on: May 12, 2014, 05:22:14 PM »

No sir, you cannot.

You shall get a Senna kart and like it. 

Then, you might get the Senna Lotus and we all shall like it. :)

Piss poor is an understatement. :(

That P1 is just all kinds of badass. 

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1632 on: May 12, 2014, 06:02:27 PM »

I'm probably one of the few people that really doesn't care much about the P1 of La Ferrari, to me they just seem like the next gen of over-hyped "automobile engineering masterpieces" a bit like the Bugatti Veyron was.  I know they're kind of today's equivalent of the McLaren F1, Ferrari F40, Jaguar XJ220 and similar cars from years gone by but the new ones don't make me fizz now like the old ones did in their day.  Perhaps it's just the grumpy old man in me grumbling about today's youth and their fancy new fangled inventions though :).

But yeah as Boston alluded to we ARE getting Senna's 1978 DAP racing kart (I think I hear Baked squealing with glee :)) and also it seems some historical track layouts to.. GT Planet article with some info.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1633 on: May 12, 2014, 08:22:55 PM »

I'm probably one of the few people that really doesn't care much about the P1 of La Ferrari, to me they just seem like the next gen of over-hyped "automobile engineering masterpieces" a bit like the Bugatti Veyron was.  I know they're kind of today's equivalent of the McLaren F1, Ferrari F40, Jaguar XJ220 and similar cars from years gone by but the new ones don't make me fizz now like the old ones did in their day.  Perhaps it's just the grumpy old man in me grumbling about today's youth and their fancy new fangled inventions though :).

But yeah as Boston alluded to we ARE getting Senna's 1978 DAP racing kart (I think I hear Baked squealing with glee :)) and also it seems some historical track layouts to.. GT Planet article with some info.

:stoopid:
I am with you to some degree I think there are some cars that have what I refer to as attainable performance. Many times the hyper cars push beyond that envelope for quality racing, not always though. And every once in a while they can be a blast but mostly I prefer a car that I can push to its limits more often than I am prone to in the hyper cars. 

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1634 on: May 12, 2014, 10:18:50 PM »

Personally, I'm not really a car guy.  I'm more of a driver.  I don't really have a strong preference for what cars are in the game, I just want a large variety of types of cars and a large variety of tracks.  So while it's nice that Senna's kart will be in the game, essentially its just another kart.  I'm much more excited that one of his F1 cars will be in the game and even more excited about the different track variations.  However, I will be pretty disappointed if Interlagos and the Interlagos Kart track are not in the game especially since they are part of the opening intro to GT6.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 159   Go Up