SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 11:08:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148423 times)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1635 on: May 13, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »

I'm probably one of the few people that really doesn't care much about the P1 of La Ferrari, to me they just seem like the next gen of over-hyped "automobile engineering masterpieces" a bit like the Bugatti Veyron was.  I know they're kind of today's equivalent of the McLaren F1, Ferrari F40, Jaguar XJ220 and similar cars from years gone by but the new ones don't make me fizz now like the old ones did in their day.  Perhaps it's just the grumpy old man in me grumbling about today's youth and their fancy new fangled inventions though :).

But yeah as Boston alluded to we ARE getting Senna's 1978 DAP racing kart (I think I hear Baked squealing with glee :)) and also it seems some historical track layouts to.. GT Planet article with some info.

:stoopid:
I am with you to some degree I think there are some cars that have what I refer to as attainable performance. Many times the hyper cars push beyond that envelope for quality racing, not always though. And every once in a while they can be a blast but mostly I prefer a car that I can push to its limits more often than I am prone to in the hyper cars. 

I pretty much go along with this as well.  For online racing it's always seemed to me that cars that exceed the performance of say a Z06 or Ford GT for example make for less exciting racing unless the track is a simple one such as HSR or an oval.  The only exception for me are the race cars in which trying to simulate a real world race is part of the appeal.

Give me more mid range cars and race cars and an easy way to balance them.  The rest for me is just garage clutter.

Brindle

« Reply #1636 on: May 14, 2014, 07:24:55 AM »

This could be a hell of a month guys.  So far, so good.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1637 on: May 14, 2014, 07:34:23 AM »

Nitpicking, but why is Senna's JPS LOTUS F1 car going to be sold in a "Senna" dealership section, instead of Lotus.  I mean for Pete's sake, the 2014 Lotus F1 car has the same livery!  Weirdness ???

PSN ID = dawson864

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1638 on: May 14, 2014, 07:50:54 AM »

This thing is pretty sweet looking...

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1639 on: May 14, 2014, 08:24:12 AM »

similar cars from years gone by but the new ones don't make me fizz now like the old ones did in their day.

ahh... you get that fizzing sensation in your pants from certain cars like James May, huh?  lol

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1640 on: May 14, 2014, 08:28:43 AM »

Nitpicking, but why is Senna's JPS LOTUS F1 car going to be sold in a "Senna" dealership section, instead of Lotus.  I mean for Pete's sake, the 2014 Lotus F1 car has the same livery!  Weirdness ???

It's all about usage rights, man.  The only reason we have the car is because the Senna folks have the rights to it, not Lotus.  So, probably for some legal reason, it would be in a separate dealership.

On this latest update news, I'm really excited about the Replay directing features.  I can't wait to install the latest update.  An endurance race online sounds intriguing as well!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1642 on: May 14, 2014, 10:37:50 AM »

I'm reading at the planet the tire bug is gone in 1.07.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/update-1-07-undocumented-changes-thread-documented-changes-also-listed-in-op.308847/#post-9658832

wow, I really fucking hope so!

that's something they should have published in the release notes :(

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1643 on: May 14, 2014, 11:08:21 AM »

Thanks for the link Dude, good to hear they are fixing some big bugs even if they aren't actually telling us LOL.  From the officially mentioned new stuff list, while it is just a little thing I REALLY like the look of the new False Start lights thing they've added!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1644 on: May 14, 2014, 11:09:13 AM »

Thanks for the link Dude, good to hear they are fixing some big bugs even if they aren't actually telling us LOL.  From the officially mentioned new stuff list, while it is just a little thing I REALLY like the look of the new False Start lights thing they've added!

I take it one of the devs has played Assetto Corsa :D

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1645 on: May 14, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »

Did a quick test. Tires seem ok, no more squeal after a pit stop.  I'm looking forward to a full test to see which tire model they used or something completely different. Also I like the BMW and start lights.

good update. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1646 on: May 14, 2014, 12:10:17 PM »

Thanks for the link Dude, good to hear they are fixing some big bugs even if they aren't actually telling us LOL.  From the officially mentioned new stuff list, while it is just a little thing I REALLY like the look of the new False Start lights thing they've added!

Or they watch F1 racing. Either way I dig the lights too.  :)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1647 on: May 14, 2014, 01:58:48 PM »

Thanks for the link Dude, good to hear they are fixing some big bugs even if they aren't actually telling us LOL.  From the officially mentioned new stuff list, while it is just a little thing I REALLY like the look of the new False Start lights thing they've added!

Or they watch F1 racing. Either way I dig the lights too.  :)

indeed.  I was referring to the fact that they decided it was important to include in their game, not just that they existed :)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1648 on: May 14, 2014, 02:41:05 PM »

For fuck's sake how long can all this shit take to load and install? Hoping it is worth it.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1649 on: May 14, 2014, 02:57:07 PM »

For fuck's sake how long can all this shit take to load and install? Hoping it is worth it.

I did it at lunch today. It downloaded quickly and installed quickly, but it had more installing to do when entering the game. That last part took about 15 or 20 minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 159   Go Up