• May 06, 2024, 04:52:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148405 times)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1770 on: June 24, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »

It is interesting news.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it. However much or little it may be.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1771 on: June 24, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »

This could lead to something very good...

Some of GT6's tracks get FIA certified.
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-fia-certification/

Also, an online championship of some sort coming.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1772 on: June 24, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »

:KD

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1773 on: June 24, 2014, 05:29:41 PM »

dont usualy type before i finish my 1rd coffee but this calls for a  WOW  8)
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
2015 FIA Online Championship
« Reply #1774 on: June 25, 2014, 07:21:33 AM »

Anyone else incredibly curious and cautiously optimistic about this?

Polyphony Digital’s partnership with the FIA will play an even more important role with the launch of the 2015 FIA Online Championship, an official competition which will be hosted in Gran Turismo by the FIA themselves.

“This innovative new partnership will ensure that millions of Gran Turismo and motor sport fans can race on even more detailed tracks at home. The Gran Turismo series has played an important role in helping to attract a new fan base to motor sport. With the input of FIA in the development of the upcoming FIA Online Championship, Gran Turismo 6 will now offer an experience even closer to the real world of motor sport. We are also excited to be working closely with Polyphony Digital and Sony Computer Entertainment in the future to find new ways to continue to make motor sport more accessible to millions of fans that share a passion for racing,” said FIA president Jean Todt.

Could be incredible IF done right.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-fia-certification/

PSN ID = dawson864

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1775 on: June 25, 2014, 07:35:27 AM »

We are getting a new Aston, don't know that I had heard of this before.

http://www.gtplanet.net/aston-martin-to-unveil-vision-gt-car-at-goodwood/

Aston Martin is the latest manufacturer to get onto the Vision GT bandwagon, as this teaser image shows the Gaydon-based company’s input to the recent slew of Vision GT cars coming to Gran Turismo 6.

Like the Nissan Concept 2020 Vision GT that was more fully revealed yesterday, Aston’s effort – dubbed the DP-100 Vision Gran Turismo – will be revealed to the public at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend, so any lucky winners of GTPlanet’s competition earlier this month or the in-game Aston Martin challenge will be amongst the first to lay eyes on both cars. GTPlanet will also be on hand at the Festival of Speed.

The British outfit is a little coy on details at present, with this being the only image available and with no other details bar the name and reveal date. It’s not even currently clear whether the car is a product of the road car (Aston Martin Lagonda) or race car (Aston Martin Racing) arm of the company!

As always, feel free to join the discussion on this car in our forums.

Update: Aston Martin is revealing images one by one and we will upload them to this post as they appear.

EDIT
I wonder if we are going to get the new Aston Martin Vision, Nissan Vision and the new Ford Focus ST over the time that Goodwod is going on.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:38:42 AM by BakedTuna »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1777 on: June 25, 2014, 08:20:47 AM »

I was so psyched when I heard about this yesterday. Felt like it has the potential to bring GT franchise to a higher level. Possibly closer to iracing for the organized stuff. FIA gives PD so much more clout with tracks, series and manufacturers. All of this could amount to be the biggest announcement out of PD ever.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1778 on: June 25, 2014, 03:19:04 PM »

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-fia-online-championship-details-begins-spring-2015/

Yesterday’s announcement of Gran Turismo’s partnership with the FIA has made shockwaves around the Internet and right here at home on GTPlanet, and now we have a few early details about the FIA Online Championship – the first virtual race event to be organized and sanctioned by the world’s governing body of motorsport.

As revealed during Kazunori Yamauchi’s joint presentation with FIA president Jean Todt at the ADAC headquarters in Munich, the competition will consist of three “championships”: the “National Championship”, “Regional Championship”, and an “International Championship”.

Other details include:

To be made accessible to all age groups.
A wide variety of racing categories.
Winner celebrated at FIA Prize Giving ceremony.
Delivery of a message emphasizing safety.
Final race to be supervised by FIA officials.
These details emphasize the high-profile nature of the competition – the “FIA Prize Giving Ceremony” is one of the most glamorous off-track events in motorsport. Typically held in Monaco or Paris, it’s where the Formula One, WRC, WTCC, WEC, and all other FIA-sanctioned world championship trophies are awarded, and next year a Gran Turismo player will be right there with them.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1779 on: June 25, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »

I was so psyched when I heard about this yesterday. Felt like it has the potential to bring GT franchise to a higher level. Possibly closer to iracing for the organized stuff. FIA gives PD so much more clout with tracks, series and manufacturers. All of this could amount to be the biggest announcement out of PD ever.

As much as I am still trying to stay seated in my IBIWISI Lawn Chair on this I do have to admit that whole announcement is pretty epic and I'm most certainly leaning forwards with anticipation to see what happens next, much like a star in a reasonably priced car might do while waiting to hear their laptime :D.

The sheer scope and potential of a partnership like this is huge, bigger than huge.. what's bigger than huge?  Flarking massive?!  It's difficult not to get a little giddy thinking about all the possibilities down the road and the doors that have been opened because of this, in some ways it kind of makes the grumbles and issues we all have with different aspects of the game seem a little smaller and less significant when you think about how much bigger the big picture just became.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1780 on: June 25, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »

As much as I am still trying to stay seated in my IBIWISI Lawn Chair on this I do have to admit that whole announcement is pretty epic and I'm most certainly leaning forwards with anticipation to see what happens next, much like a star in a reasonably priced car might do while waiting to hear their laptime :D.

The sheer scope and potential of a partnership like this is huge, bigger than huge.. what's bigger than huge?  Flarking massive?!  It's difficult not to get a little giddy thinking about all the possibilities down the road and the doors that have been opened because of this, in some ways it kind of makes the grumbles and issues we all have with different aspects of the game seem a little smaller and less significant when you think about how much bigger the big picture just became.

And here is one of the FIA approved tracks.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1781 on: June 25, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »

And here is one of the FIA approved tracks.

And here's some pre-alpha prototype gameplay footage from one of the Formula Super Sprint series events :P..

Super Sprint

(Does that ever bring back some memories, I played the heck out of that game back in the 80s LOL)

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1782 on: June 26, 2014, 08:10:46 AM »

http://www.fia.com/news/conference-q-kazunori-yamauchi

Conference Q & A with Kazunori Yamauchi

Q How did the collaboration with the FIA begin?
A I think it was around two years ago that we heard that the FIA was interested in doing something with us and I went to their headquarters in Paris and I heard there that Mr Jean Todt had a great interest in the project as well. From then on a lot of ideas came up and we’ve shared and traded information.
The people from the FIA came to Polyphony twice to compare their data with ours. We were surprised because they are incredibly detailed about the things they check. It was very comprehensive.

Q How important is it for Gran Turismo to have the FIA seal of approval through using fully homologated circuits?
A To Gran Turismo there are a number of objectives. Of course, one of them is to enjoy controlling really fast cars on the track. At the same time I race myself and I understand the importance of safety in motor sport. I totally understand the FIA’s point of view in placing a heavy emphasis on the safety of the tracks that are used in racing. Reflecting that concern is important for us.

Q When you examined the information about those tracks, was there more information available that helped build more realistic circuits?
A When we actually take data from the tracks we go into a severe amount of detail in recreating and surveying everything that exists at a track, photographing everything. However, we didn’t realise until we got the input of the FIA why things are structured the way they are, why circuits are laid out in a particular way, why corners are profiled a certain way and what influences the shape and layout of the kerbs. In that respect we learned a lot about the protocols that go into circuit design.

Q You mentioned that you race yourself?
A I raced the Nurburgring 24 Hours recently. I’ve done that several times [he has won his class twice) and I race in the VLN Endurance Championship.

Q There are four circuits homologated in GT6, so what does the future hold?

A Today is really just the beginning. I don’t think we can include every circuit, some of them won’t be possible because there are a lot of classic circuits in Grand Turismo that we simply can’t do.

Q So it’s about making the current tracks as accurate as possible?
A We want each and every circuit exactly as it is in real life and the collaborating with the FIA is a big part of it.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1783 on: June 26, 2014, 08:11:57 AM »

The last 2 answers sound like they are going to be trying to get more real tracks.....eventually.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1784 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »

Old guys in suits using a driving simulator are quite amuzing  ;D

Also, whenever my wife says I'm "playing a game" I'm showing her this picture

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 159   Go Up