SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:43:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148410 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1860 on: August 20, 2014, 07:31:57 AM »

AT&T Seems to do that with their products... advertise them as if they are available so that you will want it when it finally arrives.

They sent us u-verse stuff in the mail for years and I'm considering checking whether it is finally available (we have DSL through them, but not the cable-based u-verse).

For those who have a Sonic near them, you probably don't realize this, but Sonic advertises in places they don't have any stores just so that you will demand that a store finally comes to your town ;)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1861 on: August 20, 2014, 08:50:47 AM »

Pretty sure I got to the bottom of this.  Called AT&T today to complain about horrid internet speeds and I see on their website that the speeds I'm getting are 1.5 Mbps download and 256kbps upload.  I'm paying for 6 down, 3 up.  I can't fucking believe this.  These idiots somehow made an error somewhere along the time and sacked me, figuratively speaking.  I'm still being billed for the faster package.  Should be resolved before the weekend, and I should be getting some serious credit for my account.

Oh, and the icing on the cake is this damned website still says that "U-Verse is available in my area".  No, it fucking isn't.  It wasn't 2 years ago, it wasn't 1 year ago and because it was posted on the website i checked again today and thus, no it's not avaialble today.  Asshats  >:(

Just wanted to share ... this has also happened to me with AT&T. I am convinced that their software automatically does this to people after a certain amount of time because 95% of the people out there never notice that their bandwidth has dropped. Only us gamers care. So I'm going to double check my speeds when I get home and see if I have to make another rage call to AT&T.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1862 on: August 20, 2014, 08:51:32 AM »

So ... two maintenance windows and ... nothing?      >:(
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1863 on: August 20, 2014, 11:34:45 AM »

So ... two maintenance windows and ... nothing?      >:(

maintenance windows usually correlate to releases of updates, but not always.  All point releases require maintenance, but not all maintenance is for point releases, in other words.

There have been lots of issues with online rooms lately, so this is probably to fix that.

Anyone racing today see things improved?

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1864 on: August 20, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »

AT&T Seems to do that with their products... advertise them as if they are available so that you will want it when it finally arrives.

They sent us u-verse stuff in the mail for years and I'm considering checking whether it is finally available (we have DSL through them, but not the cable-based u-verse).

For those who have a Sonic near them, you probably don't realize this, but Sonic advertises in places they don't have any stores just so that you will demand that a store finally comes to your town ;)

All resolved today.  I worked from home and had a tech help me over the phone.  Just involved logging off the modem via it's IP address and relogging in along with a hard reset.  Then, voila, 6.4Mbps download speed.

As to AT&T and U-Verse, these idiots seemingly don't even know where they have it and where they don't.  Last place I lived was a neighborhood that had just had U-Verse installed (before I moved) and I had an install date set up with to get started and everything.  Day before the appointment they call me and tell me my house is too far away from the closest junction box, and that I cannot have U-Verse service.  I asked when they would plug that hole in their network and was told probably never.  ::)

PSN ID = dawson864

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1865 on: August 21, 2014, 01:45:39 PM »

All resolved today.  I worked from home and had a tech help me over the phone.  Just involved logging off the modem via it's IP address and relogging in along with a hard reset.  Then, voila, 6.4Mbps download speed.

As to AT&T and U-Verse, these idiots seemingly don't even know where they have it and where they don't.  Last place I lived was a neighborhood that had just had U-Verse installed (before I moved) and I had an install date set up with to get started and everything.  Day before the appointment they call me and tell me my house is too far away from the closest junction box, and that I cannot have U-Verse service.  I asked when they would plug that hole in their network and was told probably never.  ::)

Trust me, the marketing teams know what they're doing.  Advertising something you can't have makes you long for it, and someday if one company out-bids another, merges or purchases another, and that advertising company suddenly does have service in your area, they know that the people signing up will more than pay for the seemingly useless advertising over the previous  years.

Glad to hear your issue was sorted out.  I think my slower speeds have been slower than normal lately, so perhaps I'll try to do some testing and phoning ???

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1866 on: August 22, 2014, 12:09:07 PM »

Well AT&T U-Verse can screw off as far as I'm concerned.  Google and one other company are going to start offering Gigabit speed internet service in my area within the next year. :D

PSN ID = dawson864

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1867 on: September 01, 2014, 11:41:49 AM »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1868 on: September 09, 2014, 05:20:59 AM »

Crappy video of a full lap at the "coming soon" Sierra track...
http://www.gtplanet.net/sierra-time-rally-video-shows-full-lap-of-new-gt6-track/
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1869 on: September 09, 2014, 08:38:20 AM »

the "rumor" at GTP said that an update was coming this week, but that usually means maintenance on Monday nights, and we didn't see that... I guess sometimes we've received updates later in the week, so who knows? ???

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1870 on: September 09, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »

the "rumor" at GTP said that an update was coming this week, but that usually means maintenance on Monday nights, and we didn't see that... I guess sometimes we've received updates later in the week, so who knows? ???

According to some hackers, the Sierra track is already on our machines, put there during that last big update. Also, we had that 2 day maintenance a week or two ago. Some speculate was a set up for the next update. The GT6 news page even says that update 1.12 is coming this month. It's in the section where they are talking about the trouble with installing update 1.11.

Here...
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4441438.html?t=@gt6game

Last paragraph.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1871 on: September 15, 2014, 10:28:29 PM »

server currently undergoing maintenance... if this translates to an update be a good boy scout and be prepared  :)
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #1872 on: September 15, 2014, 10:32:01 PM »

D/Ling right now. lots of new stuff.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1873 on: September 16, 2014, 05:30:45 AM »

I won't get to try it for another 8 hours at least.  :(

Looking forward to cutting some laps around that big ass track.  :)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1874 on: September 16, 2014, 07:12:30 AM »

The official change log:

A lot of this sounds good.  I especially like that we can now change FFB in a race's staging area and sounds like, in lounge too.

An update for Gran Turismo 6 has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Vision Gran Turismo
The “Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo” has been released. The design concept FT-1 is honed to perfection in this rendition to enhance its features and designs required for pure racing competition.

After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

Sierra Time Rally
The “Sierra Time Rally” has been added to the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section in "My Home". In the first original long course “Circuito de la Sierra” modelled after the Ronda region of Spain, players will attempt to complete a lap around the course within the allotted time.

The time remaining can be extended by passing through the checkpoints, overtaking other cars will raise your combo level and your score will be calculated according to the distance driven. There are many other ways to increase your score, try to find them all!

Quick Match
[Quick Match] has been added to the [ONLINE] section of "My Home". When the event is selected, players will automatically be matched to other players around the world for a quick and easy online race.

New vehicles have been introduced
The following cars have been added to the [Dealerships] option within the [CARS] section of "My Home". You can also find these cars in the [Recommended Cars] option of the same section:

- Toyota FT-1 graphite
- Nissan GT-R Nismo ’14(*)

*Players who participated in the “GT Academy 2014” Online Qualifiers will receive this car free of charge.

Additional Meters have been added
It is now possible to install "Additional Meters" from the [Custom Parts] option within the [TUNING & SERVICING] section of "My Home". You can select up to 3 instruments to add from the following: "Boost Meter", "Water Temperature Gauge", "Oil Temperature Gauge", "Rev. Counter", "Speedometer", "Oil Pressure Gauge", "Voltmeter" and "Fuel Gauge".

Steering Controller support extended
The Thrustmaster T300RS is now officially supported and fully compatible with Gran Turismo 6. It is possible to reassign the control keys from the [Steering Controller] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button).

Force Feedback Strength can now be adjusted from the [Quick Menu]
- The [Feedback Strength] value that could previously be adjusted only from the [Steering Characteristics] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] can now also be adjusted from the [Driving Options] of the "Quick Menu", displayed before a race starts.
- Additionally, the strength of the force feedback previously adjustable only under [Feedback Strength] can now be adjusted independently with the [Force Feedback Max. Torque] and [Force Feedback Sensitivity] sliders: it is now possible to set the strength of the feedback during extreme cornering and the steering sensitivity when near the centred position independently.
- Force feedback can now be adjusted on 200 degree lock-to-lock type controllers such as the Driving Force™ EX.

Other
- The motor assist control for the Toyota TS030 Hybrid ’12 has been changed. Because the motor assist only works when the car is at full throttle (over 80%), the motor no longer comes into effect during partial throttle while cornering.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 159   Go Up