SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 08:27:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148416 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1875 on: September 16, 2014, 07:29:29 AM »

downloaded and installed through Xmb (first time doing this way) only took about seven minutes but then when I start the game it is now doing a further update that is claiming to take an hour.

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1876 on: September 16, 2014, 07:32:53 AM »

awesome news!

Regarding the gauges, does this mean we can add a boost gauge for supercharged cars?  I've never understood why GT never includes boost gauges for supercharged cars...do they not understand how a supercharger works?  :-\

PSN ID = dawson864

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1877 on: September 16, 2014, 07:37:34 AM »

mine took 3 tries... error ..error, but, got it in the end. the update to the update only took a few min.
That "big ass" track is kinda fun tho (without complaining) it seems a bit blah. It does look nice tho and the new challenges are fun.
As far as the ffb settings go my wheel feels a bit...hmm... unconnected from before. May just need to play with settings a bit. Its a good feature I think.
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1878 on: September 16, 2014, 12:25:44 PM »

mine took 3 tries... error ..error, but, got it in the end. the update to the update only took a few min.
That "big ass" track is kinda fun tho (without complaining) it seems a bit blah. It does look nice tho and the new challenges are fun.
As far as the ffb settings go my wheel feels a bit...hmm... unconnected from before. May just need to play with settings a bit. Its a good feature I think.

There are some adjustments you can try for your wheel.

Check these out.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/page-8#post-9840864

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ffb-1-12-update.317019/page-2#post-10077856

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1879 on: September 16, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »

Interesting, thanks for the links Dude!  I may have to try that out because the 630 degree one looks like it'd be interesting for regular racing and I'm even half tempted to try wheel drifting with one of the smaller ones!

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1880 on: September 16, 2014, 02:13:41 PM »

I managed to get the update installed at lunch, but I had no time to try it out.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1881 on: September 16, 2014, 06:13:51 PM »

Steering offers more info and perhaps is slightly more precise but the force feedback upon turn in is lacking proper resistance.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1882 on: September 16, 2014, 06:32:36 PM »

thanks Dude. Think I got it where I'm kinda comfy. but  :stoopid: it still feels..... "elsewhere" Oh well, new things are new
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1883 on: September 16, 2014, 07:44:50 PM »

Steering offers more info and perhaps is slightly more precise but the force feedback upon turn in is lacking proper resistance.

If you are @ 900 degree setting on your Fanatec you may try something less. Though the lack of force seems to be a recurring complaint among those who used a high force feedback setting prior to 1.12.

When I had my g25 and even today with the GT2 wheel I use a low FF setting. I am not sure I will sit down and play with it tonight I am leaning towards messing with it tomorrow. I am sure it will be a whole new experience.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1884 on: September 16, 2014, 10:20:07 PM »

I tried Quick Match, to figure out how it works.

>:( :P :-X ::)

Bozos...

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1885 on: September 16, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »

HI guys... here is a post I made over at PSN to try and make a case for this new steering.  I know there isn't much griping here about it yet, but let me offer this opinion in a pasta form simply because it is easier

Take another look at the steering and see if you notice what I do.  It's frickin' brilliant now.  I hear what you all are saying about less resistance, but they have seriously altered the way the wheel connects to the car and to the player, thus creating a very very real and immediate sense of control and connection to the car.

DFGT user, BTW

I agree a bit more resistance would be in order to bring the realism back, but remember that realism isn't the only factor for GT as a game.  It also needs to correctly translate the feel and connection that would exist IRL even though this isn't "RL" at all...

They've just hit it out of the park.  I've tried several cars with wildly different setups, and I can say that this feels like a new game again.  They might have even made some physics changes - either that, or the changes to the FFB algorithms might have brought out more of the magnificence of the new GT6 physics that we simply haven't had the opportunity to "feel" until now.

Remember that FFB in GT is not about translating 1 to 1, exactly what a real wheel is going to feel like.  Rather, GT has taken the approach of trying to give the driver information about the car's attitude and forces applied to it, through the wheel and the types of vibrations and resistance that come with it.

• Steering is more direct
  • Creates better connection to car and road surface for player.
  • All camera views can viably be used as a driving option.  All feel 10x better for control of car.
  • Point your car, it goes there unless too much understeer.  Easy to diagnose now.
  • Easy to feel "sweet spot" in the car's suspension mated to the given track (or lack of a sweet spot)
  • Easy to suspend disbelief while driving a tough car.
  • Curbs have more intense feel to them, as should be.  Can feel them with realistic application of resistance against arms, does not cause cascade effect of over-correction.
  • Driving is much more smooth, generally.
  • Driving does feel a bit "numb" to the touch because of decreased resistance from steering.  Hopefully that is curable.

If, for some reason, putting the resistance levels back to the way they were before means they must revert to the old style of FFB tactile "feel", i'd say leave it exactly like it is because sooner or later I'm pretty sure that the rest of you will see how brilliant this game feels now.

If, on the other hand, they can keep this pretty much like it is now, but tweak the settings to the point of perfection, that's exactly what it will be.  That, and the other thing I found today, is really going to breathe new life into this game right when it needs it.  Hopefully more new content is coming such as promised community features (quick match is nice, but doesn't promote community building)

I have been playing another PC game that is coming out soon, and even though its FFB settings are a lot more ellaborate and involved, I think GT just jumped back up to being the best "feeling" racing game out there.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1886 on: September 16, 2014, 10:49:44 PM »

I think they might have re-balanced the car sound profiles...

I started this thread to try and get opinions of others on that subject... it could be my perception, but I'll be damned if it doesn't sound a lot better of a mix.

Did they re-balance car sounds in 1.12 ?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1887 on: September 17, 2014, 05:10:25 AM »

I tried Quick Match, to figure out how it works.

>:( :P :-X ::)

Bozos...

Just like GT5P. 
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1888 on: September 17, 2014, 06:31:06 AM »

HI guys... here is a post I made over at PSN to try and make a case for this new steering.  I know there isn't much griping here about it yet, but let me offer this opinion in a pasta form simply because it is easier

Take another look at the steering and see if you notice what I do.  It's frickin' brilliant now.  I hear what you all are saying about less resistance, but they have seriously altered the way the wheel connects to the car and to the player, thus creating a very very real and immediate sense of control and connection to the car.

DFGT user, BTW

I agree a bit more resistance would be in order to bring the realism back, but remember that realism isn't the only factor for GT as a game.  It also needs to correctly translate the feel and connection that would exist IRL even though this isn't "RL" at all...

They've just hit it out of the park.  I've tried several cars with wildly different setups, and I can say that this feels like a new game again.  They might have even made some physics changes - either that, or the changes to the FFB algorithms might have brought out more of the magnificence of the new GT6 physics that we simply haven't had the opportunity to "feel" until now.

Remember that FFB in GT is not about translating 1 to 1, exactly what a real wheel is going to feel like.  Rather, GT has taken the approach of trying to give the driver information about the car's attitude and forces applied to it, through the wheel and the types of vibrations and resistance that come with it.

• Steering is more direct
  • Creates better connection to car and road surface for player.
  • All camera views can viably be used as a driving option.  All feel 10x better for control of car.
  • Point your car, it goes there unless too much understeer.  Easy to diagnose now.
  • Easy to feel "sweet spot" in the car's suspension mated to the given track (or lack of a sweet spot)
  • Easy to suspend disbelief while driving a tough car.
  • Curbs have more intense feel to them, as should be.  Can feel them with realistic application of resistance against arms, does not cause cascade effect of over-correction.
  • Driving is much more smooth, generally.
  • Driving does feel a bit "numb" to the touch because of decreased resistance from steering.  Hopefully that is curable.

If, for some reason, putting the resistance levels back to the way they were before means they must revert to the old style of FFB tactile "feel", i'd say leave it exactly like it is because sooner or later I'm pretty sure that the rest of you will see how brilliant this game feels now.

If, on the other hand, they can keep this pretty much like it is now, but tweak the settings to the point of perfection, that's exactly what it will be.  That, and the other thing I found today, is really going to breathe new life into this game right when it needs it.  Hopefully more new content is coming such as promised community features (quick match is nice, but doesn't promote community building)

I have been playing another PC game that is coming out soon, and even though its FFB settings are a lot more ellaborate and involved, I think GT just jumped back up to being the best "feeling" racing game out there.

Thanks for this informative post Ex.  Before reading it I was planning to modify my FFB setttings (DFGT user as well) as soon as I was able.  I was only able to get on for a few minutes last night - took the Nismo GTR out for one lap around 'Ring - but, at least initially, I am not a fan of the steering.

Let me put it this way.  It feels like the difference between the steering feel/effort of my 22 year old Integra and 8 year old Porsche, with my Integra being the new settings.  Just feels super loose and low effort. ???

However after reading your post I'll give it a chance.

PSN ID = dawson864

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1889 on: September 17, 2014, 07:32:14 AM »

It is more communicative but without proper resistance it feels way too video gamey. Without them dialing some of that resistance back in this last change was not an improvement but a move sideways.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 159   Go Up