SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 03:28:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148435 times)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1890 on: September 17, 2014, 07:46:19 AM »

a hotfix this afternoon my time seems to have fixed the steering (lack of) feel issue
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #1891 on: September 17, 2014, 08:10:53 AM »

a hotfix this afternoon my time seems to have fixed the steering (lack of) feel issue

cool.  I think if thtey can nail that setting, the people concerned about the new settings will be brought around

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1892 on: September 17, 2014, 09:53:47 AM »

Undocumented Changes

- You can change the color of the new gauge in game on the Quick Menu (or Start Menu) and there's 4 new options just for the color customization (Actual Color, Hue, Saturation and Brightness)
- Replay camera now switches to in car and then back to the outside view when in "cinematic view"
- List Of Cars That Can Have Custom Gauges Installed
- The time rally sounds ("jump bonus", "overtake", "good job", "10, 9, 8..." etc.) are disabled if you go to the menu and select Race Info Display -> Off.
- The starting camera on tracks like Brands Hatch is now fixed. Previously its stuck on the first angle.
- The power/torque curve for the Nissan VGT has been fixed/modified...... previous to the update the torque would not reduce inline with the power when using the limiter.
- Fixed the issue where if you were leading a race online you'd only get a split time at the start finish line. You now get split times at all sectors.
- SRT Viper bug where the bottom of the car would disappear has been fixed.
- It's now possible to add number plates on the Mercedes SLS GT3.
- When driving online, your car will now ghost anytime you press the "start" button.
- Ford GT '02 is now Ford GT Concept '02
- The transition when installing parts is now fade black. Previously it was a jump cut.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1893 on: September 17, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »

cool.  I think if thtey can nail that setting, the people concerned about the new settings will be brought around

pasta:

MastrGT wrote:

Putting the force up to 10 with the G25 is going to be very tiring, in the long run, and one of my wrists won't be able to withstand it for long. Be careful how strong you make it. :smileysurprised:

You only need is strong enough to get the info you need.

was just going to post essentially the same thing.

On a DFGT, the 10 max tq isn't overpowering, but it is much st ronger than before the hotfix.  I think people will generally like it a lot better.

I think they are correct and yesterday's FFB weakness was a bug, like it was stuck on 1 tq, even if you changed it to max 10.

A 10/10 setting might seem better or preferable to most, but I would personally dial back the max tq a little, so that it does not drown out the information given to you by the Sensativity setting, which I would recommend most people keep at 10.

8/10 would probably be perfect, though I didn't try it specifically.  I recommend putting each at 10 and then 1 and trying those extremes, noticing the difference, then deciding for sure.  But don't let that "resistance" (which turns out to be the max tq) drown out your sensativity settings!!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1894 on: September 17, 2014, 10:57:21 AM »

Even when I had a G25 I always ran low FFB settings, something in the 2 to 4 range. I always like being able to feel the road and the car. Also, my wrists appreciate it too.  :)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1895 on: September 17, 2014, 11:11:27 AM »

Even when I had a G25 I always ran low FFB settings, something in the 2 to 4 range. I always like being able to feel the road and the car. Also, my wrists appreciate it too.  :)

I've run the gambit from weak to strong on FFB for GT.  I'm happy they have have it separated out into two settings now.  Lets you customize.

and yea, gotta save those wrists for "other" activities :P

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1896 on: September 17, 2014, 07:35:11 PM »

BAM!!!

100% earned on my MMX account, no glitching, and all offline, except for one TOC.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1897 on: September 17, 2014, 07:59:35 PM »

Congrats MMX! That was ambitious man.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1898 on: September 17, 2014, 08:48:31 PM »

BAM!!!

100% earned on my MMX account, no glitching, and all offline, except for one TOC.

Too cool. I see no way of me achieving 100 percent, due to coffee brake cone challenges and other assorted excitement. That is very well done. 

Also, I was chasing MMX and Chrome in the latest poor a bath of hurt over me  TT with the new vision car. I was surprised how fast MMX was until he made a mistake in the second sector. And how close you two were in the third sector, it was neck and neck. I would FR that cat if I were you. :)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1899 on: September 17, 2014, 08:57:09 PM »

Was not sure where to ask this but did anyone else not use the nitrous to gold the new rally thing? I don't have a button mapped for it so I thought it could be a fun challenge. Maybe they should offer bonus for every shot of it you still have at the end of a lap.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:00:04 PM by BakedTuna »

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1900 on: September 17, 2014, 11:10:16 PM »

I'm with ya Baked.  I don't have a button mapped for nitrous.  I golded.  It wasn't pretty but I did it.  Granted, I have only run the Fiat.  And only managed a silver in 1 lap with the scrocco.  I have yet to try the Ferrari, but it will be the same.  I don't have a nitro button.  It is fun.

SRF forced on pisses me off!

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1901 on: September 17, 2014, 11:21:47 PM »

I'm with ya Baked.  I don't have a button mapped for nitrous.  I golded.  It wasn't pretty but I did it.  Granted, I have only run the Fiat.  And only managed a silver in 1 lap with the scrocco.  I have yet to try the Ferrari, but it will be the same.  I don't have a nitro button.  It is fun.

SRF forced on pisses me off!

:stoopid:
WTF is up with nearly forcing nitrous on us as well as SRF. At first I thought oh it will only be on in the beginner event but no it was on forced on for all three.

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1902 on: September 18, 2014, 12:56:00 AM »

:stoopid:

also... they have nitrous????????

also also, have only managed silver in the Furrari so fur
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1903 on: September 18, 2014, 05:16:36 AM »

Also, I was chasing MMX and Chrome in the latest poor a bath of hurt over me  TT with the new vision car. I was surprised how fast MMX was until he made a mistake in the second sector. And how close you two were in the third sector, it was neck and neck. I would FR that cat if I were you. :)

I hate TT's at Bathurst. As you seen, I silvered it on both accounts. I ran it for the car, too much aggravation to try and get gold.

Also, anybody else see the flickering shadows there? It was like the trees were having seizures.

I thoroughly enjoy the Sierra Rally evnets. MMX managed to get the "perfect" bonus in the Ferrari one, and a score of 1.4 million. Took several tries.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1904 on: September 18, 2014, 09:55:05 AM »

Was not sure where to ask this but did anyone else not use the nitrous to gold the new rally thing? I don't have a button mapped for it so I thought it could be a fun challenge. Maybe they should offer bonus for every shot of it you still have at the end of a lap.

Golding is easy enough, but the extra points up for grab are really all about using that nitrous at the right moments so that you can finish a bit sooner, so that the time bonus is higher and possibly pass a few more cars.

BUT, if you've hit that max 55 level bonus then you simply cannot make it climb more.  That's why time is important for climbing higher on the leaderboard.

I've tried a few strategies, still working on it.
use nos at start + long straights + before jumps and speed bonuses (bonuses are not static.  higher jumps are worth more, so hitting it slightly faster can give you more more multiplier.  Same w/ speed)

short answer:  It adds another dimension to the challenge.  I welcome the NoS.  The SRF, nah...
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 159   Go Up