SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:52:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148438 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1965 on: October 01, 2014, 11:42:03 AM »

I must admit thanks to the match system in GT5P I was able to meet racers that to this day I still have on my friends list. It was extremely hit and miss though.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1966 on: October 06, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »

Had some time during a real life rain delay to run the Sierra rally thing today with a goal of reaching 2 million without using nitrous took two 1/3 runs but made it in the Fiat. Will have to try the VW next.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1967 on: October 07, 2014, 08:34:41 AM »

The VW gives me nightmares and I haven't gone back to any of it.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1968 on: October 07, 2014, 10:14:50 AM »

The VW was my favorite out of the bunch.  The fiat seemed slow and the Ferrari was like riding a roadrunner with its balls on fire.  Fast!

Good luck.  If I can do it, I know you can!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1969 on: October 07, 2014, 10:30:12 AM »

The VW was my favorite out of the bunch.  The fiat seemed slow and the Ferrari was like riding a roadrunner with its balls on fire.  Fast!

Good luck.  If I can do it, I know you can!

Thanks. I will get back to it "soon". I hate getting 3/4s through a lap and lose my score with a silly off or collision.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1970 on: October 08, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »

I'll have to check that all of the Sienna stuff is done. If it is, then maybe I will see if I can improve my times.

The QMs are hit and miss. The GT500 one seems to offer the best chance of getting a reasonable race, but expect a rouge ride.

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #1971 on: October 08, 2014, 12:14:07 PM »

Let's hope that what Jordan (from GT Planet) wrote is positive:

Additional force feedback updates are coming very soon - stay tuned, guys.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1972 on: October 08, 2014, 12:17:39 PM »

I don't know when an updated is coming, but PDI is going to look at FFb again.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1973 on: October 08, 2014, 02:46:58 PM »

PD, Hit the "Reset to default" Button please.   

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1974 on: October 08, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »

:stoopid:
 true enough.. if it ain't broke PD hasn't fixed it yet
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1975 on: October 08, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »

What's this car # on the door business? Can it be done to any car?

Basically, any car that they allow you to do it. There is little rhyme or reason to it, as far as I can see.

I ran a few QMs, tonight, checking out a problem. I can't really say that they are any fun. I won't be going looking for any real racing there. A bit of a waste of time, really.

Bring on the missing stuff!

I tried out QM tonight and for sure I am not a fan. I did the GT500 race @ trial Mountain. I was run into the mountain, off the track and purposely blocked for over a lap on one occasion. If I was not hit or blocked someone would cut the track to pass, because while the penalty system is in effect, the cars are only ghosted and coasted for a few seconds. I did manage to come from 9th and finish 5th, mostly due to blockers and bashers crashing. I did come across some racers trying and perhaps we could do an old school ogogogo on a set time. Although it seems you get built into a room and so I actually don't believe we can do it like before.

I am not sure why they spent time on this. And I know I will piss people off, but I don't think they need to spend time on a track creator or livery stuff either. They need to address net code for online and possibly a larger room of racers. If you have a broadband connection you should not be getting discoed. I know the SNAILS (check GTPlanet Leagues) are asking racers to check connection speeds, though I am not sure anyone that can do anything is looking at it.

In the old days with games like Counter Strike you wanted a server that was close and fast. If you found yourself at something over a 100 milliseconds you were going to die a lot. A decent server was around 50 and anything 25 or below was excellent. With a game like GT6 we do not have servers. We can not buy rack space. There are two server choices FIXED and Not FIXED HOST, the first everyone needs to communicate to a single player the second requires all information flow between all players.

I need a break. More later if desired.

QM = Meh for now.  :)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #1976 on: October 09, 2014, 06:17:20 AM »

From GTP news section...

Another small “hotfix” update has been released this morning, firmly aimed at the force feedback issue once again. The release notes say:

The following issue has been addressed:

- An issue wherein the force feedback when steering was not working as intended for some vehicles. As a consequence of this change, the intensity of the force feedback for the following cars has been adjusted:

Formula Gran Turismo
        Lotus 97T ’85
        Red Bull X2010, X2011, X2014 series (except X2014 Junior)
        All racing karts

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1977 on: October 13, 2014, 03:53:11 PM »

I know what you mean, Dude, but the GT500 event is the best there is, for now. If you go in with the right attitude (you're alright and everyone else is from the psycho wards), then you will do OK. The ghosting allows you to survive and I find that most drives can't keep up unless they cut corners. If nothing else, you learn how to drive defensively.

Two nights ago, I ended up in a lobby with one remaining driver from Japan. No drivers were added for an hour, so we traded wins until I had to leave. I tried saying thank you, but he ignored me. Today, I received my first thank you from another driver.

We can't time entry like before, but you can hunt around for friends once you know where they are. Once you are in the same lobby, you stay there.

With a 200% payout and a full room, it should be just less than 30k for a win. Could be worse.

Biebs74

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #1978 on: October 14, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »

What's this car # on the door business? Can it be done to any car?

Basically, any car that they allow you to do it. There is little rhyme or reason to it, as far as I can see.

I ran a few QMs, tonight, checking out a problem. I can't really say that they are any fun. I won't be going looking for any real racing there. A bit of a waste of time, really.

Bring on the missing stuff!

I tried out QM tonight and for sure I am not a fan. I did the GT500 race @ trial Mountain. I was run into the mountain, off the track and purposely blocked for over a lap on one occasion. If I was not hit or blocked someone would cut the track to pass, because while the penalty system is in effect, the cars are only ghosted and coasted for a few seconds. I did manage to come from 9th and finish 5th, mostly due to blockers and bashers crashing. I did come across some racers trying and perhaps we could do an old school ogogogo on a set time. Although it seems you get built into a room and so I actually don't believe we can do it like before.

I am not sure why they spent time on this. And I know I will piss people off, but I don't think they need to spend time on a track creator or livery stuff either. They need to address net code for online and possibly a larger room of racers. If you have a broadband connection you should not be getting discoed. I know the SNAILS (check GTPlanet Leagues) are asking racers to check connection speeds, though I am not sure anyone that can do anything is looking at it.

In the old days with games like Counter Strike you wanted a server that was close and fast. If you found yourself at something over a 100 milliseconds you were going to die a lot. A decent server was around 50 and anything 25 or below was excellent. With a game like GT6 we do not have servers. We can not buy rack space. There are two server choices FIXED and Not FIXED HOST, the first everyone needs to communicate to a single player the second requires all information flow between all players.

I need a break. More later if desired.

QM = Meh for now.  :)

I really, really want the track creator and livery editor, but I would gladly sacrifice them both for better room connections with no discoes, and no lag issues!

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1979 on: October 31, 2014, 11:54:34 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 159   Go Up