SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 01:18:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148428 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #1995 on: November 11, 2014, 01:45:46 PM »

My first thought after skimming through the info was "Meh, another limited use one-off car" butI read a little deeper and found this nugget of info in Chrome's Pitstop blog link..

"Also in this update, tuning and customization parts for the M4 will also be unlocked."

I can't say as I really car that much about the BMW Safety Car (unless they're adding a flags / cautions system) but unlocking the tuning parts for the regular M4 is a good thing in my book!

A little bird has "tweeted" in my ear that PD has no plans to make proper use of safety cars at this time, but it sounded like they were receptive to the idea...

I was thinking more of using them for AI to drive, thereby letting the host race while creating a more realistic parade lap where a 17th car is the safety car that pits or pulls over when the race starts (and despawns)

Maybe "7"?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1996 on: November 12, 2014, 02:27:12 PM »

On the "Not seeing each other, on the Not work", issues...  Here's what I think is happening.  They could be trying to avoid a problem that arguably, could be much worse.  Such as, not allowing you to connect to a room at all when there is a communication issue between two players.  Keep in mind that the Sony network is only one piece of a chain and anything along that chain could make one player's connection not work well with another's.

A player's connection to another non-host player or a player's connection to a host can be the culprit, making it hard to figure out where the "problem person connection" is.  A player is obviously connecting, just not with everyone.

With that in mind, it looks like PD puts some players from one server into a "room" with another group of people (sometimes just 1) using another server.  Whether this is a different physical machine or a virtual server with different separate pieces, makes no difference.  It could even be a simple matter of chance.  It works best for all players in a Room to be on the same server, but if a server fills up before another person joins, perhaps, that is what causes them to be shifted to another server.  I'm not talking about the Room being full, but an unseen server that only has so many spots.  In some games, a server and a Room are one and the same, but that does not appear to be the case in GT5 or 6.

If you've seen that line between some players' names in the lobby, that's what it is.  It's saying, "these people down here are out in their own universe."

The obvious question them becomes, why do some players seem to have no issue in any given Room and others have trouble?  It could simply be luck of the draw or some geographical reason, like being far apart physically and with some sub-par piece of equipment somewhere in the chain between them and another player.  (Not talking about household equipment or even ISP necessarily)

The people with a more reliable chain of communication between themself, the ISP, on through the internet onto Sony/PD and so forth (and back to other players and hosts) will have no problems, while those who do will see issues.

The fact that in my observation, it has always been two-ways lends credence to the theory that it is a problem between two players.  The host seems to always be able to see everyone, right?  Seems that way to me.  But, if player A can't see player B it seems as though B can also not see A.

I honestly don't know what's worse, having some people simply not able to play against each other, or have the total freedom to join up any players we choose, but have problems between certain players ???

Another thing I've noticed is that new combinations of players in a room seems to be a major contributing factor.  Anyone else notice that?  If I am racing with a very regular group with no newcomers or people I haven't raced with in a long time, there are almost never problems.  It seems to be that the network isn't sure how to connect you yet.

Seems interesting, that when people leave the Room and come back it is often improved, if not cured.  That could be the server opening up a spot for them in the meantime, or that it learned something and got it right the second time.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #1997 on: November 12, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »

That was my issue last night at TuTu.  I could not see Charlie. 

In my experience both parties have to leave and come back.  Just me exiting and coming back will not allow me to see the invisible person.

It is strange.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1998 on: November 13, 2014, 09:45:31 AM »

That was my issue last night at TuTu.  I could not see Charlie. 

In my experience both parties have to leave and come back.  Just me exiting and coming back will not allow me to see the invisible person.

It is strange.

I think you're right.  Both parties would have to leave to get the system to retry connecting them.  It's probably still a roll of the dice, but in a multi-race room going for hours, it is at least an option.

For longer races lasting an hour, all of this sorting out should be tried before starting of course.

now, we can start joking about "who's on track?" and implement a buddy system for races  lol

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #1999 on: November 13, 2014, 12:38:47 PM »

I'm told the 1.14 should clear up the connection problems.

I was in an open lobby and the room was nearly full. Two of us saw each other, but there was no indication of anyone else being on the track. I couldn't hear chatter nor felt any other cars. That was weird.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2000 on: November 13, 2014, 01:01:30 PM »

I'm guessing GM's Chaparral VGT will be in it as well? A modern car with input from an old school race car designer has certainly grabbed my attention.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2001 on: November 13, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »

I'm guessing GM's Chaparral VGT will be in it as well? A modern car with input from an old school race car designer has certainly grabbed my attention.

Jim Hall one of the key figures at Chapparal was always an innovator both in the high end of sports car racing as well as Indy cars. So this seems to be an interesting vehicle possibly.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2002 on: November 13, 2014, 05:16:37 PM »

I was in an open lobby and the room was nearly full. Two of us saw each other, but there was no indication of anyone else being on the track. I couldn't hear chatter nor felt any other cars. That was weird.

You didn't happen to here when we can expect to see this 1.14 update?

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #2003 on: November 13, 2014, 08:34:32 PM »

"Soon"

As if you had to ask...

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2004 on: November 13, 2014, 10:22:18 PM »

Soon is good. I am hopeful of stable rooms and tasty buds. I must say, even if the rooms and racing connections improve. My gaming hours have shifted.  :'(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:24:27 PM by DudeTuna »

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2005 on: November 13, 2014, 11:17:29 PM »

My lawn chair will be beside Feldynns with a cooler of tasty beverages in between.  8)
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2006 on: November 14, 2014, 12:53:26 AM »

My lawn chair will be beside Feldynns with a cooler of tasty beverages in between.  8)

Ahh yes the IBIWISI lawn chairs :)...

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #2007 on: November 14, 2014, 09:50:05 AM »

Soon is good. I am hopeful of stable rooms and tasty buds. I must say, even if the rooms and racing connections improve. My gaming hours have shifted.  :'(

Everything alright Dude?  Just a change in work schedule?  Still hope we get to see you on Saturdays.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2008 on: November 14, 2014, 11:15:17 AM »

Everything alright Dude?  Just a change in work schedule?  Still hope we get to see you on Saturdays.

Yep, weekday work schedule has changed. If you're on Saturday night I can still make that.  :)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2009 on: November 17, 2014, 03:05:33 PM »

I am waiting to hear exactly (heard back: looks good), but one of the big missing parts should be included.
If it all happens as planned, then the Tunas should be happy with it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:21:54 PM by MasterGT »

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 159   Go Up