SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 11:30:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148423 times)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #2055 on: November 20, 2014, 01:32:48 AM »

#28? Damn! That was a low number. Mine is almost 4,000.

Don't delete anything elsewhere until you learn the limitations about setting up club events. For example, apparently, we can't make any changes while the event is running, so that means we can't change tracks. Is this what everyone else found?

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2056 on: November 20, 2014, 04:17:00 AM »

further investigation of the community thingy reveals Feldynn's wisdom. It IS very farcebonky..... whatever
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2057 on: November 20, 2014, 11:04:36 AM »

One cool thing I noticed last night. In the community friends list you can see your friends that are playing online and join that race room right from there.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2058 on: November 20, 2014, 12:36:44 PM »

I know I have missed folks when sending out the invites if I have believe me it was not personal but a case of not having a cohesive list that I can invite to the club since they make you work off of friends list. Over time I have had to manage friends list due to it's limitations. So please anyone I missed drop me a PM through Tuna mail here and I will get it taken care of ASAP. Thanks for your patience as the system is learned.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2059 on: November 20, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »

I know nothing about fartbook, adspace, tweety or any of those other social groups but it's a nice set up, especially given its their first attempt. I just don't know how to use it.  I was able to join the club but that's as far as I got.  I also saw people in the timeline sharing cars... or maybe it was car pictures  ???  I'm not sure what was going on.

I also discovered that I've forgotten how to drive.  "OK I'm going fast, this is cool, oh look there's a turn... oh wait... brake, BRAKE!, BLAM! into a wall."  

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2060 on: November 20, 2014, 12:40:33 PM »

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the new sound effects, I mean I do kind of like the direction they're going because I think I'm hearing some things I like regarding engine / gear change noises and such but I'm not sure I like the new cockpit sound effects.  I know many tend to drive in bumper cam so I'd urge you give cockpit view a shot to hear the difference, to me it sort of sounds better now but also like I'm driving in a bath tub or with a bucket on my head.

I may simply need to adjust the audio settings in the menu to fix the muffled / bucket effect though, I didn't think to do that yesterday :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2061 on: November 20, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »

I know nothing about fartbook, adspace, tweety or any of those other social groups but it's a nice set up, especially given its their first attempt. I just don't know how to use it.  I was able to join the club but that's as far as I got.  I also saw people in the timeline sharing cars... or maybe it was car pictures  ???  I'm not sure what was going on.

I also discovered that I've forgotten how to drive.  "OK I'm going fast, this is cool, oh look there's a turn... oh wait... brake, BRAKE!, BLAM! into a wall."  

I see you did some running in the BMW TT. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2062 on: November 20, 2014, 12:52:03 PM »

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the new sound effects, I mean I do kind of like the direction they're going because I think I'm hearing some things I like regarding engine / gear change noises and such but I'm not sure I like the new cockpit sound effects.  I know many tend to drive in bumper cam so I'd urge you give cockpit view a shot to hear the difference, to me it sort of sounds better now but also like I'm driving in a bath tub or with a bucket on my head.

I may simply need to adjust the audio settings in the menu to fix the muffled / bucket effect though, I didn't think to do that yesterday :).

You can change where the sound comes from.

Other improvements and adjustments
- A new [Onboard Mic Position] setting has been added to the [Sound Volume] category of the [Sound] page within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button).

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2063 on: November 20, 2014, 01:01:07 PM »

I see you did some running in the BMW TT. 

Yep, had my self so scared that by the time I made it around to the bus stop I dropped down to first gear to enter instead of third.

I noticed the change in sound as well, I think I would consider it an improvement but I'd have to reserve comment until I have the chance to try some of the cars I'm more familiar with. I did not notice the sound being muffled, just more wind noise.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2064 on: November 20, 2014, 01:18:05 PM »

You can change where the sound comes from.

Other improvements and adjustments
- A new [Onboard Mic Position] setting has been added to the [Sound Volume] category of the [Sound] page within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button).

Indeed, and that's cool, but the cockpit view sound has an echo, which is odd. I liked the how the sound is output in that view, they just need to remove the echo. Until then, I went back to bumper cam sound.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2065 on: November 20, 2014, 01:45:26 PM »

I'm curious to find out what data channels will be output in to MoTeC.  If someone could find out for me I'd appreciate it.

I assume you'll have to wait for someone to configure a MoTeC Project though.

Here you go Wiz.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/example-of-motec-data-analysis.320038/

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2067 on: November 20, 2014, 05:35:29 PM »

re: new Suzuka

feels very narrow and more slick. 21rd century asphalt I guess. Not complaining though.
Does it seem to anyone else that the physics changed a bit? My FFB feels .......more......heavy, again, not a complaint
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2068 on: November 20, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »

re: new Suzuka

feels very narrow and more slick. 21rd century asphalt I guess. Not complaining though.
Does it seem to anyone else that the physics changed a bit? My FFB feels .......more......heavy, again, not a complaint

I ran a couple events last night. The BMW TT @ DRC felt good. The GT R @ Sierra I believe has SRF on and the AI are morans, so that was rather annoying. Also, I have yet to gold Sierra.  :'(

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2069 on: November 20, 2014, 09:19:02 PM »

I feel like Marvin the Martian trying to gold this GT R @ Sierra event. I manage to make it half way then BAM! ram an AI. The latest expletive outburst was caused by a line of 8 AI racers in the left lane, all going about the same speed, but as I was passing the train of AI one of them decided to pass another AI and it moved over just as I arrived there. Bonk all passes lost and this was half way through the race during the mostly rain infested, visually impaired sections anyway. What the fuck is this shit. For me this is becoming an adventure in anger management. 

I need the cash though, cause I ain't got the real stuff to pay for this stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 159   Go Up