SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:25:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148437 times)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #2115 on: December 26, 2014, 09:32:04 AM »

Thanks for putting up with the syncing problem so that I could record it, nosocks. PDI wanted a video and I've sent it off to them. Tanker taught me a couple of things about lobbies, too.

Thanks, guys!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2116 on: December 26, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »

Thanks for putting up with the syncing problem so that I could record it, nosocks. PDI wanted a video and I've sent it off to them. Tanker taught me a couple of things about lobbies, too.

Thanks, guys!

I must have needed a shower, as soon as I got in noks left.  ^-^

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2117 on: December 26, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »

@ MGT, no problem I hope it will result in results
@ Dude, yaah for sure buddy.... stinky cyberosity is what drove me out
@ Tanker, thanks for running the TOC stand in
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2118 on: January 16, 2015, 04:02:15 PM »

I know a lot of GT fans are chomping on their bits for the endurance module and I have been running in some longer GT races, lately.

I got a chance to enquire about the missing module, to see if it will take care of the problems we have had since GT5 with running longer races. Although there were no details, I was led to believe that the development team knows what is needed. I sure hope so.

As a guess, I expect to get it this year, but there is no public timeline for its release.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #2119 on: January 16, 2015, 05:27:34 PM »

I always appreciate every effort you put forth MGT.  I honestly do.

Over a year with these GIANT missing features and no word if and when they will ever arrive.  I have tired of the same old sad excuses from them.  You were led to believe MGT?    Sorry MGT, but we were all led to believe, over a year ago!!!  My butt is sore from all the smoke blown up it. 

Ahhhhhh, but we got to drive on the moon and get free fantasy cars that never, ever get used.

I think some eyes over in PD land will open very wide come March when they lose 1/2 of there playing audience forever.

Sorry, bad mood today.  Not being negative at you MGT.  Sorry if I implied that.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2120 on: January 16, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »

I've given up waiting on them to finish this game. My participation has been minimal, and I really don't have the motivation to play it anymore.

What really sucks is, this game has ruined me playing any other racing game I've tried lately. GT has a great feel to it, something I can't find anywhere else. Too bad a great driving feel isn't enough to keep me going.

I've tried The Crew, and Drive Club, both were a disappointment. The Crew was just plain terrible, and Drive Club has no feel at all. GTA V has better driving physics than both those games put together.  ???

GT could be an awesome game, but it's like it's creators are doing this for the first time. I still think GT4  was the best in the series. So much more content than the last 2 games. 1200+ cars are worthless if you have to do the same few tracks/events over and over.

My apologies for the bitching, but it's aggravating seeing something I enjoyed, dieing a slow agonizing death.

Edit: Looks like Boston, and I are in the same mood.  
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2121 on: January 16, 2015, 05:55:28 PM »

I agree entirely with the sentiment. I am going out the door now to buy a PS4, to get ready for Project CARS.

The endurance module could very well be too little, too late, but many GT fans will already be playing something else regardless of what is in it, or for any of their other plans. I've tried to make them see that, but it is an uphill struggle.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2122 on: January 16, 2015, 10:46:15 PM »

I know Chrome tried a low shelf wheel, not that there is anything wrong with that. I am curious as to which wheel everyone else uses? Presently I use a Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel, although it is way worn and needs an RMA.) I received my CSW V2 wheel base a month ago, but it was a defect yet oddly still felt way better than the GT2 even new.  I must add that my RMA on my CSW V2 has yet to return, although some of the time can be attributed to holiday.

Wheels seem to be making a big difference, I believe. (When I get my CSW V2 back perhaps I can send my porsche wheel (give me time on this because I am still using it now) and need time for Famatec to repair before I can send it to you Chrome) (I would  ask you to send it along to my brother in PA after you have tested it though)

Master GT, when you have your PS4. Please let us know if any wheels work. Thank you.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:56:00 PM by DudeTuna »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2123 on: January 17, 2015, 01:22:59 AM »

I moved my PS3 upstairs and away from my wheel.  If I get a PS4 it will likely be to play Naughty Dog's games and maybe a few other Sony exclusives.  I'd rather play racing games on the PC these days.  Although if I had a ton of cash laying around, I'd get a XBone for Horizon 2.

PD keeps making bigger promises and then fails to deliver.  You would think that they would learn.  Where is our bouncy bouncy machine for tuning cars?  Where is the course creator?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2124 on: January 17, 2015, 08:26:51 AM »

I know Chrome tried a low shelf wheel, not that there is anything wrong with that. I am curious as to which wheel everyone else uses? Presently I use a Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel, although it is way worn and needs an RMA.) I received my CSW V2 wheel base a month ago, but it was a defect yet oddly still felt way better than the GT2 even new.  I must add that my RMA on my CSW V2 has yet to return, although some of the time can be attributed to holiday.

Wheels seem to be making a big difference, I believe. (When I get my CSW V2 back perhaps I can send my porsche wheel (give me time on this because I am still using it now) and need time for Famatec to repair before I can send it to you Chrome) (I would  ask you to send it along to my brother in PA after you have tested it though)

Master GT, when you have your PS4. Please let us know if any wheels work. Thank you.

Dude, I can't stress enough how much I appreciate the offer, but go ahead, and send it to your brother. I'm in a serious GT slump right now, and I might get over it, but I'm just not feeling it. I left TuTu early last week, because I just couldn't get in to it.

Also, I just want to say, my previous post about events was not directed at any of our great organizers here. Y'all do a hell of a job with what we have to work with, and I hope you continue. I need a break.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2125 on: January 20, 2015, 08:32:22 AM »

MGT, what's this endurance module you are referring to?

As has been mentioned a thousand times by now, who gives a fuck about all these fake cars we keep getting?  Whatever happened to giving us REAL CARS????  Remember in GT5 how we were given the Corvette prototype without even knowing what it looked like?  And now, in 6....as far as real cars go we're getting jack shit. ::)

PSN ID = dawson864

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2126 on: January 20, 2015, 12:41:19 PM »

Where is our bouncy bouncy machine for tuning cars?

AS far as I know, the suspension testing is done at the German site, then the data gets applied to GT. How many cars have been tested, how GT applies the new knowledge or how it helps us, I have no idea.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2127 on: January 20, 2015, 12:46:54 PM »

MGT, what's this endurance module you are referring to?

Endurance races. We don't have them yet. GT6 is designed to have new programming modules added to it.

As for testing wheels, Dude, I don't see the point yet. I only have Logitech wheels and none of them work directly with the PS4 / games, AFAIK. The console is still in its box and I am waiting to figure out how to create two master accounts, so that my adult daughter can migrate her own stuff when she gets her own console. In the meantime, I may have to learn how to use triggers to accelerate and brake, etc., because I can't use my right thumb with a controller.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2128 on: January 20, 2015, 12:52:15 PM »

My guess is that he is referring to the endurance races that have been included from the last several games and were omitted from GT6. Or er... replaced by 24 minute races. That is the only endurance related item I've ever read or heard about that I can think of. I don't recall it ever being mentioned by PD but the general speculation was that PD would implement it along with B-spec permitting driver changes.

Or I'm wrong and something else has come up recently.  Either way I don't see any new game function would bring me back.  Online is online and will always be what it is. But the offline is a mess and I don't see PD doing anything about the issue.  Call it the rubberband effect, call it poor AI, but watching the AI slow down half way through a race to let the user win pretty much ruins the offline experience. And at this point I don't believe PD has any interest in changing it.  :(

I know most people don't seem to care about offline these days but the way I see it, I have to go through offline to get to online and every time I start the game I'm reminded of the miserable offline experience. So I just don't bother turning it on any more.  My PS3 now sits unplugged on a shelf in a room with no tv.

Tree'd

MGT was endurance races ever mentioned for GT6 by PD beyond the 20 and 24 minutes races already in the game?  I'm under the impression that PD decided people do not want long races and that all the endurance speculation was fan created.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:54:51 PM by dlrws6 »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2129 on: January 20, 2015, 06:42:05 PM »

Where is our bouncy bouncy machine for tuning cars?

AS far as I know, the suspension testing is done at the German site, then the data gets applied to GT. How many cars have been tested, how GT applies the new knowledge or how it helps us, I have no idea.

I thought we were getting the bouncy bouncy machine in game.  If they are applying it to cars on their own it should help with the physics in game.  As I understand it, a lot of racing teams are using them to tune car suspensions.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 159   Go Up