SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 01:50:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148428 times)

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #2145 on: February 24, 2015, 01:49:25 PM »

The drawings at the Planet of the Mini look nice.  For me, it's the best looking Vision car we've got so far.  This one may not be immediately shelved.
Not a fan of the Alpine at all.

B-Spec is late.  Rarely used it in GT5.  I don't think I bother with it in 6.

I do like that we can paint spoilers.  Like dlrws, it's one step closer to a full livery/full customization.  But, it should have been in from the start.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2146 on: February 24, 2015, 01:59:45 PM »

The drawings at the Planet of the Mini look nice.  For me, it's the best looking Vision car we've got so far.  This one may not be immediately shelved.
Not a fan of the Alpine at all.

B-Spec is late.  Rarely used it in GT5.  I don't think I bother with it in 6.

I do like that we can paint spoilers.  Like dlrws, it's one step closer to a full livery/full customization.  But, it should have been in from the start.

I thougt it was just a race spec model of the mini we were getting. I did not know it was a vision car.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #2147 on: February 24, 2015, 03:13:02 PM »

I could have read it wrong.  Sorry if I did.  I heard it was called the John Cooper Works Vision GT.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2148 on: February 24, 2015, 03:31:58 PM »

I could have read it wrong.  Sorry if I did.  I heard it was called the John Cooper Works Vision GT.

I just realized, it's two different mini's. A Mini Clubman vision and the John Cooper Works.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #2149 on: February 24, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »

Okay... this might be a stupid question but...

does anyone else have brightness issues with this game? Ever since I moved into my new house I've had issues where the brightness is almost unbearable. Like the track is almost completely white and sand traps basically disappear and if you don't know the track you're screwed because with the in-game lighting, the track is mostly invisible in the sun.

I've tried adjusting the brightness on my tv but it doesn't do anything - strangely, there are times where the game sort of "flashes" back to reality where the colors become crisper and deeper and it's not a problem... but it doesn't last.

It's driving me insane. Any insights?

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2150 on: February 24, 2015, 07:29:04 PM »

does anyone else have brightness issues with this game? Ever since I moved into my new house I've had issues where the brightness is almost unbearable. Like the track is almost completely white and sand traps basically disappear and if you don't know the track you're screwed because with the in-game lighting, the track is mostly invisible in the sun.

I've tried adjusting the brightness on my tv but it doesn't do anything - strangely, there are times where the game sort of "flashes" back to reality where the colors become crisper and deeper and it's not a problem... but it doesn't last.

I had some brightness issues, too dark at night and too cartoonish/over bright on tracks with weather. I know you can alter brightness in game while paused on track, possibly a different setting when first entering the game by hitting start button and going to Options/ Display/ Brightness. That said I wound up having to reset my TV to default settings to actually correct my issue. Some TV's have a vivid or game setting that will tend to make them over bright too. 

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2151 on: February 24, 2015, 11:37:43 PM »

You just moved. Was the disc in the console during the move? Do you have ANY circular rings scratched into the surface of the disc or dust/fingerprints on it?

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2152 on: February 26, 2015, 06:16:05 AM »

"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #2153 on: February 26, 2015, 12:07:29 PM »

the b-spec is cool in a way.  issuing commands to your driver seems to work very well, and makes them a little more intelligent.  I did one short Nascar race in B-Spec, and was able to win.

Strange:  It does not log whether an event was completed with A-Spec or B-Spec, there are no stats for it either.  So, could someone do the whole game in B-Spec?  What about the portions that earn you your licenses?  If so, that's not very smart thinking...

The b-spec races are not 2x as long in laps either, which kind of makes them get over way too quick for keeping your interest.

Has anyone found any remote b-spec options?  I didn't get a chance to look very closely...

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #2154 on: February 26, 2015, 05:32:39 PM »

You just moved. Was the disc in the console during the move? Do you have ANY circular rings scratched into the surface of the disc or dust/fingerprints on it?

I don't have a disc at all. The PS3 doesn't read them, so I had to download it.  :-\

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #2155 on: February 26, 2015, 05:34:39 PM »

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-update-1-16-now-available-midfield-raceway-b-spec-mini-vision-gt/

Guess I'll give GT a dusting, and check out this update.

And come back to TuTu while you're at it! It misses you.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2156 on: February 26, 2015, 08:42:38 PM »

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-update-1-16-now-available-midfield-raceway-b-spec-mini-vision-gt/

Guess I'll give GT a dusting, and check out this update.

And come back to TuTu while you're at it! It misses you.

I miss TuTu too, but I'm still not feeling it. Midfield was/is a favorite track of mine, and thought that might stoke the fire some, but no. I did 2 laps, and felt......meh.  :-\
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2157 on: February 27, 2015, 10:54:24 AM »

Is it just me or is b-spec mode even worse than in GT5?  I just tried it for a few minutes but it looked like I had to tell the guy when to break, accelerate, slipstream, overtake.  Basically, I had to do everything except steer.  Seriously stupid.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2158 on: February 27, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »

Is it just me or is b-spec mode even worse than in GT5?  I just tried it for a few minutes but it looked like I had to tell the guy when to break, accelerate, slipstream, overtake.  Basically, I had to do everything except steer.  Seriously stupid.

He starts at his pace. I just tell him to push hard!

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #2159 on: February 27, 2015, 11:35:32 AM »

in GT5, he drove the same, except you couldn't tell him more specifically what to do.  This is something the community asked for...

This is a plus in the right direction... you don't have to tell him what to do, but he may lose more often.

There are several things missing from B-Spec however, such as integration into a proper-lenth endurance race, and the ability to do any sort of remote b-spec or give you any real substance behind doing b-spec other than getting out of a race free, card.

Maybe we'll see it developed further?
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 159   Go Up