SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 04:56:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148406 times)

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #2160 on: February 27, 2015, 12:54:52 PM »

I don't mind some of the changes to B-spec.  It gives me a little more to do than just say "speed up" every time Bob gets board. I guess they are going for more of a coaching stand point with the mode. (think the radio chatter in Days of Thunder) I would have preferred it be its own thing with prizes and such but I think that would require a major overhall of the game. I can't imagine PD would want to go that far in a last gen game that is over a year old. On the down side, the way it is set up in GT6, given our longest race is only 24 minutes,  >:( it makes B-spec useless to me aside from a once or twice used novelty.

I'm very happy with Mid-field.  Other than the turn 1,2 complex it feels like the old track.  Even the bumps in the road are all there.  Its a welcome addition but it does not change my opinion of the overall experience with this game.

As for the new car.  I hate it. nuff said. It aint my kind of car.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2161 on: February 27, 2015, 01:33:02 PM »

Is it just me or is b-spec mode even worse than in GT5?  I just tried it for a few minutes but it looked like I had to tell the guy when to break, accelerate, slipstream, overtake.  Basically, I had to do everything except steer.  Seriously stupid.

Here is what I referred to earlier.

Current Pace
Your current pace is shown here. To change your pace, press the left or right directional button or move the left stick left or right during the race to display the toolbar, then select "Change Pace". The following three options are available:
Own Pace: Play things safe, allowing margin for error.
Push the Pace: Increase your pace.
Push it Hard!: Increase your pace even more. Bear in mind that pushing the pace makes mistakes more likely.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2162 on: March 03, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »

There seems to be a spate of bad on-line disconnections and slow syncing, recently, so PDI/Japan is now aware of our concerns.

Monday night was really rough. It took 4 lobbies just to run 6 races, plus syncing was unusually slow.  :P

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2163 on: March 03, 2015, 02:38:37 PM »

There seems to be a spate of bad on-line disconnections and slow syncing, recently, so PDI/Japan is now aware of our concerns.

Monday night was really rough. It took 4 lobbies just to run 6 races, plus syncing was unusually slow.  :P

I have practically given up on them ever fixing or actually improving the online play. The disconnects and not being able to see all players on track have gone on since GT5.   

I guess I should be happy they are looking into things, but I will not get my hopes up.

Also, thank you for your effort MGT.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2164 on: March 03, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »

Yeah, I don't get it, either.

I don't know how other games are on-line, but I kind of doubt that they are quite like this, for years.
For something as important as on-line, you'd think that they would clear it up quickly.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2165 on: March 03, 2015, 04:21:25 PM »

It has been my feeling that they have never (until now possibly) given much consideration to online play. Online became a priority 5 years ago or more for most game developers, PD is working hard on painted spoilers.  ;)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2166 on: March 03, 2015, 06:14:30 PM »

it has been funky lately, timing seems key for me. Saturday morning here almost impossible, but Saturday night I have been in room of 12   :o  without issue.
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2167 on: March 04, 2015, 12:36:40 PM »

That's funny.  A few days ago I tried to go online for the first time in six months or more.  I raced in the quick match races for over an hour and had no connection issues.  It was the best experience I've had in almost a year.

Before I could not sync correctly.  I'd either be the only car on track or a ghost no one could see.  I guess now that there are issues, I'm out of sync by being in sync. 

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2168 on: March 05, 2015, 11:34:47 AM »

Yeah, I find it difficult making a case for a problem when the experiences vary so much.
These problems are pretty inconsistent.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #2169 on: March 06, 2015, 10:04:37 AM »

it is very likely one of those things where, if you tweak one knob to fix a problem for some connections, it can actually just redirect the problem to another set of users.

And, I still think the network learns how to connect people better who race more often with one another.  When new combinations of users appear, there are usually new problems for people who normally don't have them, and stuff like that.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2170 on: March 06, 2015, 05:02:21 PM »

it is very likely one of those things where, if you tweak one knob to fix a problem for some connections, it can actually just redirect the problem to another set of users.

And, I still think the network learns how to connect people better who race more often with one another.  When new combinations of users appear, there are usually new problems for people who normally don't have them, and stuff like that.

After installation of the 1.16 update for Gran Turismo 6, we have found that the issue indicated below will occur when performing the following actions:

1. Start a championship race series using [B-Spec].

2. After a race is finished, regardless of whether the race is completed or aborted, [Suspend Championship] is selected from the quick menu.

3. The message “Suspend the championship and exit the game. You will be able to resume the championship from this point the next time you start the game.” is displayed, and the [OK] button is pressed.

4. Autosave is performed, and “Thank you for playing. If you press the PS button and exit the game, you’ll be able to pick up where you left off when you next start the game. If you return to the race, race suspension will be canceled.” is displayed, and the game is exited.

5. After restarting the game, selecting either [A-Spec] or [B-Spec] does not start the race, making it impossible to resume progress in the previously saved championship.

You can select [Exit] in the Quick Menu during “5” above. This will return you to the “My Home” screen and will allow you to continue the game. However please be aware that this will delete your progress in that Championship series.

If you were playing in the [A Spec] mode in the race prior to suspending the race, this issue will not occur.

We will notify everyone when this issue is corrected in a new update.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and any problems this may incur.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #2171 on: March 08, 2015, 08:23:30 AM »

Race option labeling. What is the deal with this stuff?

Draft:
Strong
Weak
Real

Real is weaker than weak. Okay. Strong is insane (but fun at times). I understand this one. I'm still confused about this:

Off Track/in Grass Grip (or whatever it is called):
Weak
Real

What does this mean? I always set it to real, but does that mean the grass is slipperier than Weak? Does Weak just mean that if you drive in the grass it is essentially the same as being on the track. I know I'm asking the hard-hitting questions, but does anyone have any insight here?

Brindle

« Reply #2172 on: March 08, 2015, 08:30:19 AM »

I used to run with it on for some nights out, as it makes it easier to return to the track without totally loosing the car in the grass.  May be useful.

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #2173 on: March 09, 2015, 10:12:21 AM »

The off-track grip also applies to the sand trap.  If it is set to weak, you can get out of the sand trap more quickly and easily (i.e. less penalty).

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #2174 on: March 10, 2015, 07:34:03 AM »

In "5" and probably "6" too, the track surface ends up being slightly different, especially when water comes into play.

If a race requires it set to REAL it is best to practice that way.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 159   Go Up