SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 06:26:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148413 times)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #2265 on: September 30, 2015, 11:06:12 AM »

There are two tablets I can use in my house, but I'm still not impressed by this. It really should be part of GT6, or perhaps a separate 'game' you can download and play on PS3. If not it should be readily available on any computer platform - windows, mac, ipad, andoid, etc. If I didn't have two tablets, I would be royally pissed off.

It looks really good for those with the tools to use it. People are posting pictures (and a video) on the planet already. I look forward to using it. There will be some good tracks that come from this.

I believe PD believed that most pe4ople do own tablets.  Heck, all of the food-stamp shoppers at my wife's former job were playing with tablets instead of watching their kids while checking out to leave...

My brother-in-law has tablets for each of his 3 daughters, himself, and his wife, and he owe's us a couple grand.  yyyyyeah.  That is our culture today.  So, it is not wrong for PD to assume most people would be able to use this.  A lot of the people who went out and bought drive club and a ps4 just because it was new, dont have tablets and are blaming PD... (not you, but that seems to be the sentiment at GTP)

The simple fact is that this app probably works best when edited from a tablet.  They didn't want to do all platforms (at the same time, anyway), so they made a choice.  There must be something that the particular versions of Android allow them to do, that others simply do not.  Hence, "incompatibility".

There is someone who suggested this should only have been exactly like GT5's editor.  Yyyyeah, I'm sure we all would have been very happy with that, after all of the teasers of more robust track creation which have been leaked over the past year or so.   ::)

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2266 on: September 30, 2015, 11:23:11 AM »

Just tried it on my Samsung S5, and got "this app is incompatible with your device." So as of right now, I can't do anything with it.  :P

because it is not a tablet.  Same phone here, btw.  My tablet appears to be compatible, but it says not available in my country, thus far.

I know it's not a tablet, just wanted to see if it would work.

It appears the app wasn't available everywhere until a few minutes ago. A lot more people are being able to get it now, than before.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2267 on: September 30, 2015, 11:42:53 AM »

PD (actually sony) is being sued for some stupid shit right now... so, think about how the exec meeting went when they talked about allowing people to potentially be driving and trying to use their phones to capture track layouts?  Nevermind that this isn't how the app actually works, but a certain percentage of people would believe this gave them the ability to use GPS directly from their phones to create tracks in real time as they drive.

That could be one explanation for the phone thing.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2268 on: September 30, 2015, 11:45:38 AM »

I can't complain about PDs choice of platform.  With the way Xbox live and Windows 10 are integrated, I suspect we'll never see this released for Windows, unless PD were to separate from Sony.

I'll hold off on the Fire, I was reading Amazons description and it may be roughly android based but it is their own proprietary OS.

I hope it works well, its less than what I was hoping for, but what I wanted was a full fledged program that would accept traditional survey and geodetic data and could understand and interpret conventional metes and bounds legal descriptions.  With that I could fairly accurately recreate any real world road or track.  It would also completely stump a large portion of the population.

By the looks of it though this should/could be a happy medium between what we got in GT5 and what I want.  A touch screen is almost necessary. As it allows a person to draw just about any pattern without the need for complicated math. I don't believe a PS3 or 4 without significant investment could do what in theory this app should be able to do. (based on the preview video) In this case I think simple is good, just about anybody including a 4 or 5 year old kid could do this.

Also doing an off system app like this means development of it is not limited to the gaming system.  This app may work just as well with GT7, when or if that day comes. GT7 should just need the image elements and the ability to read the files created by the app.  To do it in game would probably require a complete redesign of the design portion of the program for each game.  I think they are starting to take a more modular approach to their game design.  It may even reach a point we quit getting numbered versions and just have "Gran Turismo" that gets updated and/or we buy new modules to add to the core game.

Long story short, I hope its good and I really want to try it.  I'll read opinions avoid all the fanboy rage and eventually find a cheap tablet to buy... or not. 

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2269 on: September 30, 2015, 11:48:39 AM »

So i log into google on my devices, including the chrome browser on my PCs. I went to the google store web site, and it told me the GT6 track editor app is compatible with my samsung tab3 tablet - but none of our other devices (Acer tabler, samsung phone, sony phone)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.polyphony.GTCourseMaker

interesting

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2270 on: September 30, 2015, 12:12:54 PM »

Still says "not in your country" for me.

Hey, look, Canadians got something first and it's from PD!  A bone thrown for not being included in GT Academy... next year, you sitll won't, but all of the tracks will be drawn by Canadian track designers!  :D :D

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2271 on: September 30, 2015, 12:15:45 PM »

I can't complain about PDs choice of platform.  With the way Xbox live and Windows 10 are integrated, I suspect we'll never see this released for Windows, unless PD were to separate from Sony.

I'll hold off on the Fire, I was reading Amazons description and it may be roughly android based but it is their own proprietary OS.

I hope it works well, its less than what I was hoping for, but what I wanted was a full fledged program that would accept traditional survey and geodetic data and could understand and interpret conventional metes and bounds legal descriptions.  With that I could fairly accurately recreate any real world road or track.  It would also completely stump a large portion of the population.

By the looks of it though this should/could be a happy medium between what we got in GT5 and what I want.

I do not know what the files themselves look like, but since this can be done on a PC, there is a chance that the data could be exported into a tool with fewer limitations and possibly still be importable into GT6 so long as you don't violate some of the track terrain rules for the particular location.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2272 on: September 30, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »

Well, I haven't actually tried on my tablet, this is what I saw in chrome on my PC. Over on the planet I saw a few people saying they were getting it on other samsung tablets.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2273 on: September 30, 2015, 12:30:03 PM »

Not sure what an apk is, but apparently it makes the app work on your phone. Guy posted a link to it here...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/course-maker-apk.335149/#post-11002723

I'm reading people having success with an emulator for PC called BlueStacks.

I can't try any of this until I get off work.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2274 on: September 30, 2015, 02:19:59 PM »

Not sure what an apk is, but apparently it makes the app work on your phone. Guy posted a link to it here...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/course-maker-apk.335149/#post-11002723

I'm reading people having success with an emulator for PC called BlueStacks.

I can't try any of this until I get off work.

Android Application Package

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2275 on: September 30, 2015, 02:53:06 PM »

I used the apk file linked above, on my phone, and just finished making my first track. Upload seem to go off without a hitch. Updating ps3 now, GT6 update next.  :)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2276 on: September 30, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »

I used the apk file linked above, on my phone, and just finished making my first track. Upload seem to go off without a hitch. Updating ps3 now, GT6 update next.  :)

I installed the app on my iPad at lunch. I'm glad you got it to install on your phone, because I don't see myself using this much and you made some fun tracks in 5.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2277 on: September 30, 2015, 02:59:06 PM »

You can make it work on PC with an emulator and the APK.

Andy android emulator

APK file (Thanks to A.D.I.O.S. at the planet for the APK file)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:05:00 PM by DudeTuna »

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2278 on: September 30, 2015, 03:43:11 PM »

Track shared on my community page...."Captain Hook"     :D

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2279 on: September 30, 2015, 03:45:38 PM »

Track shared on my community page...."Captain Hook"     :D

Great! Now please make this. (see attachment)
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 159   Go Up