SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 10:35:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 159   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk about Six, baby.  (Read 148421 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Let's talk about Six, baby.
« Reply #2295 on: October 01, 2015, 06:22:39 AM »

It works on my samsung tab3. I really like the control over corners and ability to add the control points to the track. In a way it gives you a lot of freedom to make what you want. It's hard to make really tight turns, especially hairpins or two tight turns close to each other. You are also required to have a straight that is a certain length. That can make some real tracks hard. Apparently making the track narrow helps, but I won't make narrow tracks. (I think the width of the track is set for the entire track, not like GT5 which had width per sector). That's probably the only thing the GT5 system had that GT6 lacks. I wish I could do it on something bigger than my tablet's 7" screen.

I'll be making and sharing tracks after dinner, as long as my tablet battery doesn't die before I get to transfer it. This app seems to kill my battery really quickly. I would probably only use Eiffel Flat as well, as I'm picky about elevation changes.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2296 on: October 01, 2015, 07:04:52 AM »

Quick questions for those that can use it.

1.Can a track overlap itself, like a figure 8 or Suzuka?
2.Can you change the elevation or in other words put a hill where you want it?
3.Has any one tried making an oval track?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #2297 on: October 01, 2015, 07:10:45 AM »

I used the apk file linked above, on my phone, and just finished making my first track. Upload seem to go off without a hitch. Updating ps3 now, GT6 update next.  :)

downloaded APK file last night, but did not have a chance to play with it.

Brindle

« Reply #2298 on: October 01, 2015, 07:18:26 AM »

Guess I'm the minority, but this creator is ridiculous.  I am still trying (working on Mid-Ohio), but it is an utter pain in the arse as to how delicate/sensitive it is with the movement of my finger, which is ALWAYS in the way, not to mention how the nature of a curve changes from the first time you make it, to ANY later adjustments to that same corner.

Anywho, good luck on your tracks fellow Tuna. :)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2299 on: October 01, 2015, 08:01:12 AM »

1. No
2. No. You load a map that has terrain - hills, valleys whatever - and you build the track around it. It shows elevation changes in the design screen, but I don't have the patience to deal with this. If I could make hills, I would use elevation, at least a bit.
3. Basically, yes. Two straights connected by two corners. I didn't save it. I don't know how banking works yet. Other than banking, you will be able to go crazy with ovals, though they will require a defined length of one straight (either 300m or 600m, I think it depends on the map you choose) Maybe I will do a few ovals and save them tonight.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2300 on: October 01, 2015, 10:20:33 AM »

Guess I'm the minority, but this creator is ridiculous.  I am still trying (working on Mid-Ohio), but it is an utter pain in the arse as to how delicate/sensitive it is with the movement of my finger, which is ALWAYS in the way, not to mention how the nature of a curve changes from the first time you make it, to ANY later adjustments to that same corner.

Anywho, good luck on your tracks fellow Tuna. :)

:stoopid:

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #2301 on: October 01, 2015, 10:46:44 AM »

Although I didn't post over at GTPlanet, I guess you can lump me into one of those "whining babies", as we've been called.

Almost two years late and this is how it appears?  Only In certain outside periferals which many, many people don't own?  Is that how you expected the course creator, err, path editor, to come? 

I think the folks have a small right to be "whining babies".   We all dropped 60.00 on the game. An important, MISSING feature that was advertised, has been delayed or in BETA for a very long time.  When it finally drops its not in the effing game they payed for.  Instead you have to have an outside compatible device.  I understand them.

I have an IPad.  I downloaded this last night.  I have yet to use it.

Baked, I don't know if you'll get to make that karting track.  Each track has to start with a straight of either 300m - 600m in length.  It doesn't look like that track has a straight that long.  I could be wrong.  For your sake, I hope I am.

Brindle

« Reply #2302 on: October 01, 2015, 11:27:39 AM »

Although I didn't post over at GTPlanet, I guess you can lump me into one of those "whining babies", as we've been called.

Almost two years late and this is how it appears?  Only In certain outside periferals which many, many people don't own?  Is that how you expected the course creator, err, path editor, to come? 

I think the folks have a small right to be "whining babies".   We all dropped 60.00 on the game. An important, MISSING feature that was advertised, has been delayed or in BETA for a very long time.  When it finally drops its not in the effing game they payed for.  Instead you have to have an outside compatible device.  I understand them.

I have an IPad.  I downloaded this last night.  I have yet to use it.

Baked, I don't know if you'll get to make that karting track.  Each track has to start with a straight of either 300m - 600m in length.  It doesn't look like that track has a straight that long.  I could be wrong.  For your sake, I hope I am.

They could have just as easily made it web based, from their OWN website.  Hmm, that's too easy, let's just assume everyone has, or will buy the needed peripheral to use this supposedly in-game feature.

I'm whining too Boston.  ;D 

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2303 on: October 01, 2015, 11:34:17 AM »

1. No
2. No. You load a map that has terrain - hills, valleys whatever - and you build the track around it. It shows elevation changes in the design screen, but I don't have the patience to deal with this. If I could make hills, I would use elevation, at least a bit.
3. Basically, yes. Two straights connected by two corners. I didn't save it. I don't know how banking works yet. Other than banking, you will be able to go crazy with ovals, though they will require a defined length of one straight (either 300m or 600m, I think it depends on the map you choose) Maybe I will do a few ovals and save them tonight.

1. Well... crap  I'm guessing that also means that it would be near impossible to have two sides of the same track lying next to each other. (I'm thinking similar to the original Monza roval but with two front stretches instead of one shared one.
2. Understood, could be better but at least you can tell where they are.
3. just shy of 1000 feet and 2000 feet for the metrically impaired such as myself.  So I guess no Bristol.  The front stretch is 650 feet.

I look forward to trying out some tracks.  I can only hope I can get things worked out on my end so I can take advantage of the track creator.

And Boston, I completely understand your view and it is justifiable. I also felt that it was a very important part of the game and I was extremely disappointed with what was in GT5.  Track design is something I was into long before I started playing GT.  Although I personally am ok with how they did it, I'm not thrilled about having to purchase a tablet to use it.  I may never get to use it if I can't find an acceptable cheap solution.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2304 on: October 01, 2015, 11:43:44 AM »

They could have just as easily made it web based,

Ah No.  PD cannot do anything easily.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #2305 on: October 01, 2015, 12:12:47 PM »

Yeah, I think what they did was absolutely ridiculous, for all the reasons you mentioned Boston and others.

That said, it does work. It's far from perfect, but it works. I'll use it. It may put me back into GT6 a bit - I've been kind of invisible here for most of GT6's existence. (I may try to use a stylus with this app if I can)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2306 on: October 01, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »

Cannot use this on my tablet or my phone thanks for nothing PD you are a bunch of fucking assholes.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2307 on: October 01, 2015, 01:45:57 PM »

The funny thing is, I thought the Track maker would help me get into play GT6 again. The way they have it set up, I don't even have to play the game to make a track. Way to go! 

That's also what bugs me the most. It would be much more convenient to have it in the game, especially if you want to tweak it. I couldn't tell you how many times I'd test a track in GT5 before hitting the save button. With this set up, tweaking is a pain in the ass.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #2308 on: October 01, 2015, 01:48:51 PM »

They could have just as easily made it web based, from their OWN website.  Hmm, that's too easy, let's just assume everyone has, or will buy the needed peripheral to use this supposedly in-game feature.

seeing how the app directly uplods your files to the PSN infastructure, I'd wager that they will eventually integrate this into the website.  The point I'd make is we could ahve waited longer... maybe they didn't think this through well enough, but what does PD ever think through completely?

At worst, it's just as much of a let down as anything else they've ever done, but IMHO, no more of a let down than anything they've ever done.

But, I'd also caution that eventually people will find some really cool things to do with this.  I wouldn't jump ship just yet... It isn't really advertised as the "create your favorite local track" app, so being let down in this area is really only due to perhaps some of our expectations being inflated.

We also have a tendency, as racing gamers, to watch the news feeds like hawks, and rush to judgement.  This is still very new and some of the limitations people thought they had on day 1 and 2, have already been lifted.  Hopefully things continue to improve.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #2309 on: October 01, 2015, 01:58:41 PM »

I like what somebody on GTP said. It was a good idea, that was executed poorly, or something to that affect. I couldn't agree more. Won't keep me from trying to make a few tracks.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 159   Go Up