SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 12:13:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Obutto  (Read 9262 times)

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
Re: Obutto
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2012, 01:25:00 PM »

Well, there goes the neighborhood. None of us will be able to beat his ass now....there'll be no end to Wizard's glee for the next month at least.

Wiz:

Start a new thread, "How I like my Obutto and why"  :D

Glad it finally arrived. You'll have more than a month's worth of real pleasure out of it....I still LOVE mine.  Welcome to the Obutto Fan Club. :D

TunahCroonah

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Yes, I run with scissors, and?
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2012, 01:27:24 PM »

Wizard,

Did you take the day off and are parked at the front door listening for any sound that could be a cube van?

The tension must be killing you. 

I would have definitely been running a temp and throwing up if it was coming to my house  :)

That's O.K., I get a temp and throw up every time I hear you're coming NEAR my house,
You want some old man?

Oh, Yeah, bring it on Chunky!  If yer comin' to my place, make sure yer packin' iron.   :laugh

LastLeafFan

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 01:39:37 PM »

The M6 bolts came with the wheel.  I just had to spend about 30 minutes or so last night trying to find them. 

Maybe with my excitement opening my wheel I lost mine, never knew they were included. I had to buy some more  . Luckily we live in the land of metric.

Enjoy the rig, I love mine.

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2012, 01:41:30 PM »

Some Day     :'(

:think
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2012, 08:35:52 AM »

The clamping system on my Fanatec CSR wheel sucks ass so I'm going to drill some holes in the wheel plate on my Obutto and hard mount the wheel.
The Thrusmaster clamp was the worst I have ever seen as well. I hard mounted it on the second day. Great wheel but they cut corners on a couple things.

Brindle

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2012, 08:48:23 AM »

So...  How did it go last night Wiz?   :P

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »

Yeah?  How is that monster??? Awesome I imagine!

After a brief discussion online the other day with jaej, I started to wonder how every one else drives.  He bounces back and forth between controller and wheel, which personally I think will hinder your ability to get used to the wheel.  I know there's a ton of people here that are amazing on both, but once getting used to the wheel since day 1, I'm freaking HORRIBLE on the controller.  Yet I do remember going from controller to wheel, I couldn't touch the times I used to get on the controller the first few months with a wheel.

Anyway I'm getting sidetracked.  Basically I think half of the battle with using the wheel is having a nice comfortable stable setup for it, otherwise it's more of a pain than it's worth.  So aside from all you Obutto owners, how else does everyone with a wheel drive?  I made this custom rig based off several internet plans I came across, and for me it's perfect, and was super cheap for  DIY project using only hand tools and a dremel to drill starter holes.  It was originally designed around a massage chair I had, but when it's not massaging that thing has 0 lower back support, and I wound up confined to bed for a day after a few long racing sessions.  Now I use what you see here, an audio rocker with some "stops" to keep it from rocking.  I can go hours pretty comfortably, and being low to the ground I get the feel of pedals out in front of me like in a race car instead of under me like a truck.  I started out with a snack tray that I'd tie weights to, and while fairly stable, I'd get shin pain from hovering my feet.  This way I get to keep my legs out straight in front of me almost as it was designed!

So, what's YOUR setup like?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

LooneyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • One good turn deserves another. >-)))>
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

Yeah?  How is that monster??? Awesome I imagine!

After a brief discussion online the other day with jaej, I started to wonder how every one else drives.  He bounces back and forth between controller and wheel, which personally I think will hinder your ability to get used to the wheel.  I know there's a ton of people here that are amazing on both, but once getting used to the wheel since day 1, I'm freaking HORRIBLE on the controller.  Yet I do remember going from controller to wheel, I couldn't touch the times I used to get on the controller the first few months with a wheel.

Anyway I'm getting sidetracked.  Basically I think half of the battle with using the wheel is having a nice comfortable stable setup for it, otherwise it's more of a pain than it's worth.  So aside from all you Obutto owners, how else does everyone with a wheel drive?  I made this custom rig based off several internet plans I came across, and for me it's perfect, and was super cheap for  DIY project using only hand tools and a dremel to drill starter holes.  It was originally designed around a massage chair I had, but when it's not massaging that thing has 0 lower back support, and I wound up confined to bed for a day after a few long racing sessions.  Now I use what you see here, an audio rocker with some "stops" to keep it from rocking.  I can go hours pretty comfortably, and being low to the ground I get the feel of pedals out in front of me like in a race car instead of under me like a truck.  I started out with a snack tray that I'd tie weights to, and while fairly stable, I'd get shin pain from hovering my feet.  This way I get to keep my legs out straight in front of me almost as it was designed!

So, what's YOUR setup like?

I currently use a small "rolling desk" I took from work, basically 3 boards with wheels on 2 of them.  It is decent since it cost nothing and is fairly stable. I still dream of a real set up like Wiz.

I have the exact same chair Phreak, which isn't used much now. Hmmm.

Also, are you the handsome lad in the top photo?   ^-^
Dad is my co-pilot    Have you driven a 4rd lately?

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 03:15:19 PM »

This is what I'm using at the moment, I started with a GT wheel back in GT4 picked up the G25 when prolog came out. I got LOTS of time in the G25, still works fine. A controller not a chance but for the ones who can :ttu

[attachment deleted during "purge" by admin]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:19:07 PM by LR-MR-BadBoots7 »
:dj :bass :guitar :jams :rocks :iwtband :fiesta

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 03:23:24 PM »

Are those books or vinyls on the shelf?  If they are vinyls, nice collection.

For the kids.  Vinyls are also called records.  Music gets inscribed onto them.  They get played on a turntable.   It is what most of us listened to before the fancy tape decks and CD players were invented.   Now it's kids and there phones, pads, pods.   
 Damn, I'm almost as old as AllStar. :laugh

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 04:16:51 PM »

Yes sir Boston lots of vinal,still have the turntable that I bough in 1980 for $500, still works perfecty. What you don't see is the 1000 cds. there in the pc now.
Sill miss the snap, pop and crackle. At least the new stuff is portable. And Damm I'm getting old.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »

Yes sir Boston lots of vinal,still have the turntable that I bough in 1980 for $500, still works perfecty. What you don't see is the 1000 cds. there in the pc now.
Sill miss the snap, pop and crackle. At least the new stuff is portable. And Damm I'm getting old.

Yep...1980...I know someone who was born that year...

More questions...is that a Tim's mug? Where are the doughnuts? I want doughnuts :(

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 05:32:56 PM »

Vinyl to MP3 is the way to go, you get that quality sound and feeling of vinyl in the convenience of an MP3 file :D.  I have a number of my old records transferred to MP3 / audio CD now.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

BadBoots

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 07:19:45 PM »

Why yes Turbo, I got 6 diffrent ones. No donuts   fatnuts  :lolz

Feldynn I have been looking for a program to convert to mp3. there is some music in there I have never heard digital.
One comes to mind, Buck Duram, lead guitar for Blue Oyster Cult, He put out a solo album and I have it.

As most know vinal records are pressed but for the audio file, master cut vinal instead of pressed. Got a few.
In 1980 a record cost me 10 to 12 dollars, master cuts 25 to 30 dollars. Most of them only played once recorded to tape
and put away. Hell a cd is 10 to 20 dollars today so long story short BIG investment in music over the last 40 years.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 07:28:31 PM »

Mini Rechargeable USB Turntable

Looks like a breifcase when you are carrying it...

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:30:23 PM by CharlieTuna »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up