SupaTunaGT

• May 16, 2024, 11:27:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55   Go Down

Author Topic: FIA Formula One World Championship  (Read 77082 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: FIA Formula One World Championship
« Reply #330 on: May 26, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »

Great News! Grosjean Style is back in.  Even Perez is joining in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VqPa9xEtpA

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #331 on: May 29, 2013, 09:06:09 AM »

Some pit radio from Sunday @ Monaco
Private Video on Vimeo enter password "thatidiot"

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #332 on: May 29, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »

That was an awesome race. Felt bad for Massa but glad he's okay... and I love Perez sticking it to boring Button!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #333 on: May 29, 2013, 10:52:01 AM »

That was an awesome race. Felt bad for Massa but glad he's okay... and I love Perez sticking it to boring Button!

I thought that the race sucked.  Worst of the season by far.  The front was a boring procession with the front guys running several seconds off pace just to save their tires.  That's not racing and it's boring.  Whether or not you liked Perez "sticking it to boring Button" he was an ass all race.  He was throwing his car out of control into the chicane trying to make a pass.  He blew through the chicane at least once trying to make a pass and didn't give Alonso enough space forcing him to cut the chicane.  It finally caught up to him when he ran into Kimi.  He had the nerve to blame Kimi at the end of the race.  That kind of driving wouldn't even be tolerated here.

Montreal will be interesting.  It is notoriously hard on tires since the track isn't used as a race track all year.  It's mostly a bike path so there isn't a lot of rubber laid down until they start driving it.  I miss Montreal.  I wish I could go back for the race.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #334 on: May 29, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »

I thought that the race sucked.  Worst of the season by far.  The front was a boring procession with the front guys running several seconds off pace just to save their tires.  That's not racing and it's boring.  Whether or not you liked Perez "sticking it to boring Button" he was an ass all race.  He was throwing his car out of control into the chicane trying to make a pass.  He blew through the chicane at least once trying to make a pass and didn't give Alonso enough space forcing him to cut the chicane.  It finally caught up to him when he ran into Kimi.  He had the nerve to blame Kimi at the end of the race.  That kind of driving wouldn't even be tolerated here.

Montreal will be interesting.  It is notoriously hard on tires since the track isn't used as a race track all year.  It's mostly a bike path so there isn't a lot of rubber laid down until they start driving it.  I miss Montreal.  I wish I could go back for the race.

Regarding Monaco I have to agree with you 11. If it were dropped from the schedule I would not miss it one bit. It certainly must be fun to be rich and actually be there, but aside from that it blows.

Perez can be looked at two different ways for his Monaco style. Senna like or an Asshat. He did at least spice up the TV viewing. Sutil (whom I really don't care for) made an awesome pass on Alonso in the hairpin. Although to be fair, Alonso is in it for the championship and just wanted to finish in the points.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #335 on: May 29, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »

Sorry my lord. Do forgive my ignorant affront to your sensibilities.

For some of us (me) it was the first race I got to watch all season due to F1's super :tard tv package. And it was entertaining: cars flew, passes were made, carbon fiber was shattered - then again, I knew who won before I pressed "play" so follow-the-leader didn't bother me as everything that was interesting about the race happened from p5 on back.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #336 on: May 29, 2013, 11:41:36 AM »

God. That looks awful. You can't protect drivers from flying cars. Good grief. Somebody is going to die if this continues.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #337 on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »

God. That looks awful. You can't protect drivers from flying cars. Good grief. Somebody is going to die if this continues.

Grosjean is an extremely quick driver. I hope he can stay in F1 long enough to really show it. I read his contracts only cover 3 races at a time.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #338 on: May 29, 2013, 12:15:53 PM »

Grosjean is an extremely quick driver. I hope he can stay in F1 long enough to really show it. I read his contracts only cover 3 races at a time.

When I was at Motorsport Ranch this weekend, I met a guy who had run the SCCA in Texas for many years. He told me that he was given tickets once to an F1 dinner back when they were going to run at Texas Motor Speedway. And at that dinner, each table had two F1 drivers sitting with them. And Grosjean was one of the drivers at his table. He said that apparently Grosjean is renowned for being a bit of a comic. And at one point during dinner, a driver came by and said, "Have you done your trick yet?" He said no. So the guy handed him a large empty water glass, a big one. He proceeds to stick the entire wide end of the glass into his mouth by like unhinging his jaw or something and everyone has a good laugh. Sounds like a real nice fellow. Good for him getting the win on that prestigious track. I don't think I've ever won there. I suck at that track. LOL.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #339 on: May 29, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »

Wow, really? Talk about being on a short rope! People said the same thing back when he was Alonso's teammate and he got the boot from Renault. But yeah, he's quick - they just need to reign him in a bit.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #340 on: May 29, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »

Sorry my lord. Do forgive my ignorant affront to your sensibilities.

was that comment for?  Am I not allowed to have a different opinion of the race?

For some of us (me) it was the first race I got to watch all season due to F1's super tv package. And it was entertaining: cars flew, passes were made, carbon fiber was shattered - then again, I knew who won before I pressed "play" so follow-the-leader didn't bother me as everything that was interesting about the race happened from p5 on back.

There has been some exciting races this season where p1 was dominated by one racer but there was awesome racing further back.  I usually don't mind Monaco even though it tends to be processional.  I also don't mind when one racer has an awesome race and dominates.  This race was different because everyone was racing several seconds off pace to save their tires.  Vettel, near the end of the race, put one lap in that was a few seconds faster than everyone else.  His pit crew gave him the radio message to the effect of Don't be silly Seb, nothing to be gained to which he replied Just satisfaction.  Part of racing to me is driving close to the limit.

Sutil was the only one that I saw making good passes this race.  Most of the excitement was from the bonehead Perez gambling his car and other peoples cars trying to make passes, Chilton's bonehead move, and Grosjean's bonehead move.  Grosjean has been much better this year but four accidents in one weekend is horrible.  Chilton's accident makes me wonder if it is a bit too early for his move to F1.  I never really watched Senna or Schumacher, so I can't really comment about them but one of the announcers said that Perez was passing like Schumacher.  He'd put his car in a position where you either had to give up the position or crash even if the crash would be deemed Schumacher's fault.  The difference being Schumacher had control over his car.  Perez didn't.  Not only was he gambling his car, he was gambling other people's cars.  When Kimi goes as far as to say that someone should punch Perez in the face, you know something is wrong.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #341 on: May 29, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »

Wow, really? Talk about being on a short rope! People said the same thing back when he was Alonso's teammate and he got the boot from Renault. But yeah, he's quick - they just need to reign him in a bit.

Ya, Grosjean is fast and apparently a nice guy.  Last year, he had something like 8 incidents in the first two laps of the first 11 races or something like that.  That's why he is on the short leash this year.  He was much better until this weekend.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #342 on: May 29, 2013, 12:38:41 PM »

Everyone is quick at that level.  ;)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #343 on: May 29, 2013, 06:09:09 PM »

I wonder if somehow we can duplicate this :jimi: experience This all together calling all tuna and all other tuna that are tuna that are probably tuna mostly though sometimes can be a royal pain in the brain. I ask only of suggestions now. Later we can focus our attention on the car. Although I must mention my admiration of the Honda 900 cc #25 Happy Hour Honda!  

No wonder the also's.

Also, I'd love to see the Tuna parade @ Monaco only if I poured myself from yacht onto the track would life be any better.

:goos times

Also, also, for no other reason than I seen it on the internet. Behold!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:17:45 PM by DudeTuna »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #344 on: May 29, 2013, 10:03:47 PM »

Also, a hitchhiking ghost. Boo!

Also, also, Lloyd back off! LOL
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55   Go Up