SupaTunaGT

• May 16, 2024, 10:42:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55   Go Down

Author Topic: FIA Formula One World Championship  (Read 77064 times)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: FIA Formula One World Championship
« Reply #570 on: June 10, 2014, 11:19:17 AM »

I could see no reason for massa's issue other than a big error in judgement on his part. There may be better camera angles that might change my mind but from what I have seen already it is all on him.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2014, 12:47:40 PM »

From what I've been reading, apparently Perez started braking much earlier than he did the lap before and they were complaining that he moved to the inside under braking.  That part of the track does curve outwards so it may be that he braked in a straight line but angled his car inwards rather than towards the normal turn in point.  My thought was it was Massa's fault but apparently they have enough evidence to give Perez a penalty for it.  I'd like to see a better brake down of why they think it was Perez's fault.  If it was Perez's fault, poor Massa can't catch a break these days.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »

From what I've been reading, apparently Perez started braking much earlier than he did the lap before and they were complaining that he moved to the inside under braking.  That part of the track does curve outwards so it may be that he braked in a straight line but angled his car inwards rather than towards the normal turn in point.  My thought was it was Massa's fault but apparently they have enough evidence to give Perez a penalty for it.  I'd like to see a better brake down of why they think it was Perez's fault.  If it was Perez's fault, poor Massa can't catch a break these days.

The FIA stewards felt Perez moved over.
http://184.106.145.74/f1-championship/f1-2014/f1-2014-07/Formula%20One%20Canadian%20Grand%20Prix%202014%20Document%20-%2044.pdf

To me it looked like both cars moved a little bit towards each other.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #573 on: June 10, 2014, 03:05:09 PM »

I just found this video.  To me it looks pretty clear that Perez turns in.  You see him following Vettel into the corner then he moves towards the middle of the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BObcBrAe-ro

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #574 on: June 10, 2014, 03:08:26 PM »

they were right Perez did move over. and it did not look as though he was following Vettel or the standard racing line either. looked more like a block move made way too late to give Massa time to react.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:10:56 PM by BakedTuna »

NumbSkuld

• Blackfin Tuna
« Reply #575 on: June 16, 2014, 06:07:08 AM »

Schumacher leaves hospital, not in coma
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28251.html
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114478
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/162791.html

Michael Schumacher is no longer in a coma, the F1 great's management announced early on Monday.

"He is not in a coma anymore," the media statement - the first in over two months - read, add.

It announced that the 45-year-old former Mercedes and Ferrari driver has left the hospital in Grenoble for the first time since his skiing accident last December.

Schumacher will now "continue his long phase of rehabilitation" elsewhere, the statement added.

The statement thanked hospital staff for their "excellent job", and also those who have sent the seven time world champion "good wishes".

"We are sure it helped him," said Schumacher's management.

"For the future we ask for understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye."

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #577 on: June 19, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »

I could see no reason for massa's issue other than a big error in judgement on his part. There may be better camera angles that might change my mind but from what I have seen already it is all on him.

The review will be reviewed.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/06/19/stewards-investigate-massa-perez-crash/

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #578 on: June 20, 2014, 03:19:39 PM »

Free practice 2 times

Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, Free Practice
1. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1m 09.542s laps
2. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m 09.919s laps
3. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m 10.470s laps
4. Valtteri Bottas Williams 1m 10.519s laps
5. Felipe Massa Brazil 1m 10.521s laps
6. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1m 10.807s laps
7. Jenson Button McLaren 1m 10.813s laps
8. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull 1m 10.920s laps
9. Kevin Magnussen McLaren 1m 10.936s laps
10. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso 1m 10.972s laps
11. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1m 10.974s laps
12. Daniil Kvyat Toro Rosso 1m 11.261s laps
13. Sergio Perez Force India 1m 11.296s laps
14. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber 1m 11.491s laps
15. Pastor Maldonado Lotus 1m 11.765s laps
16. Adrian Sutil Sauber 1m 11.806s laps
17. Nico Hulkenberg Force India 1m 11.935s laps
18. Max Chilton Briton 1m 12.229s laps
19. Romain Grosjean Lotus 1m 12.262s laps
20. Jules Bianchi Marussia 1m 12.279s laps
20. Kamui Kobayashi Caterham 1m 12.937s laps
22. Marcus Ericsson Caterham 1m 13.596s laps

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #579 on: June 20, 2014, 03:21:10 PM »

Perez's appeal denied.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #580 on: June 20, 2014, 05:00:05 PM »

Perez's appeal denied.

I saw that. Oh well. I still believe it should have just been classified as a racing incident. Massa will just find others to crash into. 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #581 on: June 20, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #582 on: June 20, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #583 on: June 20, 2014, 05:24:12 PM »

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #584 on: June 21, 2014, 09:01:12 AM »

"borrowed" from Autoweek

Massa will be joined on the front row by Williams teammate Valtteri Bottas
LAT PHOTOGRAPHIC - Fellipe Massa took a surprising pole on Saturday in Austria after Mercedes faltered.
Felipe Massa took a surprise pole position in Austria as Williams Formula One swept the front row and the usually dominant Mercedes faltered. Massa will start alongside teammate Valtteri Bottas, who was quickest on the first runs in Q3, but made a mistake on the crucial final run.
Two key factors had an impact on the session. First, it was important to get the tires up to temperature and working well from the start of the lap, something that Williams had worked hard on. Second, the FIA clamped down hard on drivers running wide at turn eight, the penultimate corner. Anyone who put all four wheels beyond the white line had that time cancelled.
That's exactly what happened to Lewis Hamilton, who lost his time from the first run, and thus had to rely totally on his second attempt. Alas he spun at turn two -- and the yellow flags he triggered forced teammate Nico Rosberg to back off and abandon his second attempt.
That left the Williams drivers clear at the front, with Massa beating Bottas to pole by less than a tenth. Rosberg had to settle for third with the time from his first run.
“It was pretty clear that our car was good and our car was competitive, and it showed a good performance today,” said Massa.
“I'm really happy for us as team,” said Bottas. “We've made some big, big steps from last year, and now we get a result like this.”
Rosberg said he wasn't happy with his balance, but was adamant that he has a good race car for Sunday. "It's possible to overtake on this track, and in the first stint, the tires will degrade massively,” he said.
Behind Rosberg, Fernando Alonso took a good fourth, the Ferrari driver having survived a trip across the grass at the exit of the last corner early in Q3.
Montreal winner Daniel Ricciardo took fifth place after another solid performance from the Australian, who once again humbled teammate Sebastian Vettel. Vettel didn't make the top 10.
Kevin Magnussen bounced back from recent disappointments to take sixth for McLaren, ahead of STR's Daniil Kvyat. Behind Kimi Raikkonen Hamilton moved up to ninth, despite not setting a time, as Nico Hulkenberg had his lap disallowed for going off at turn eight. The Force India driver thus dropped to 10th and last in Q3.
His teammate Sergio Perez just missed out on Q3 when he took 11th place, but thanks to his five-place grid penalty from Montreal, he will drop down to 16th. His place thus goes to Jenson Button, who could not match his teammate. The same went for Vettel, who starts 12th at Red Bull's home race. He was followed by Pastor Maldonado, who went into the gravel on his last lap, Jean-Eric Vergne, and Romain Grosjean.
Adrian Sutil was fastest of the drivers not to make it out of Q1, having had his best time cancelled for a turn-eight excursion. He starts behind the penalized Perez in 17th, ahead of Esteban Gutierrez, Jenson Button, Kamui Kobayashi, Max Chilton and Marcus Ericsson.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140621/f1/140629971#ixzz35Hng6XMz
Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook

WTF how long was I asleep?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:22:16 AM by BakedTuna »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 55   Go Up