SupaTunaGT

• May 17, 2024, 12:22:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55   Go Down

Author Topic: FIA Formula One World Championship  (Read 77132 times)

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: FIA Formula One World Championship
« Reply #690 on: March 16, 2015, 11:38:43 AM »

So Susie is just a test driver not a reserve driver.  She won't be racing next week if Bottas is still out.  I guess she just got her job because she is married to Toto.

It looks like it is going to be a boring season.  Mercedes is more dominant.  Renault engines are worse.  Honda is awful.  At least Ferrari is better.  Hamilton looks like he has kicked it up a notch.  I don't think that Rosberg is going to come close.

Merc has a couple of seconds in hand over the field at the moment. Ferrari will be a solid number 2 as they have the money and manpower  to continue to develop over the course of the season compared to Williams. McLaren have a good chassis and ICE (internal combustion engine) supposedly so if they can sort out their other issues they have a chance at some podiums.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #691 on: March 26, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »

Stolen from Sniff Petrol

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #692 on: March 29, 2015, 07:07:05 AM »

That was a much better race!

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #693 on: March 29, 2015, 01:12:20 PM »

It seems Ferrari may have an answer for the Mercedes' domination. It may come down to tire degradation though, which Malaysia is know for destroying soft tires. It would appear now that Ferrari have the speed and chassis to compete at some tracks.

I believe Merc got cocky and brought in both cars to change to the prime tires when the safety car came out, and that left them on the back foot the entire race after that.

Hamilton whined about perhaps a wrong tire choice, but he was complaining his tires had gone off. T he team put him on the prime tire because there were simply too many laps left to try a go on the option. He should thank the team for that decision as if he were on the option I think he would have been overtaken by Rosberg before the finish.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #694 on: March 29, 2015, 06:41:48 PM »

I found it intriguing to hear that Vettel was allowed to switch to Ferrari because of a performance clause in his contract.  We had being hearing of rumours of Vettel moving to Ferrari for a couple of years but last year he conveniently had a bad enough year that he could switch. hmmmm.  I thought he was a little too comfortable with Ricciardo beating him last year.  Not that it would have made much difference with Mercedes dominance.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #695 on: April 01, 2015, 12:49:21 PM »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #696 on: April 07, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »

China GP this weekend. Let's see if it was one off or if Ferrari have an answer for Mercedes. There was talk of Merc turning down the power of their Power Units for reliability reasons or it may have just been heat and tire wear issues.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #697 on: April 07, 2015, 12:52:25 PM »

China GP this weekend. Let's see if it was one off or if Ferrari have an answer for Mercedes. There was talk of Merc turning down the power of their Power Units for reliability reasons or it may have just been heat and tire wear issues.

I don't know that Ferrari has what it takes to battle with Mercedes at each stop of the season, at least not yet but I do see them as being there should Mercedes be off their game on a given weekend. I believe last race was as both teams indicated a tire issue and Ferrari dealing with the heat and wear on their tires better.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #698 on: April 07, 2015, 07:42:10 PM »

After witnessing what Kimi did in the Ferrari, and the race he endured, I believe Ferrari will battle Merc this year for dominance.  Kimi's drive was incredible. 

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #699 on: April 07, 2015, 10:18:52 PM »

even tho I used to hate him, Kimi is still the man
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #700 on: April 08, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »

even tho I used to hate him, Kimi is still the man

I like Kimi.  Very Finnish.  alonso is the only one I really don't like.  Rosberg did some dick moves last season but he isn't in the same class as Hamilton.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #701 on: April 08, 2015, 05:41:34 PM »

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #702 on: April 10, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »

There are not that many cars, but it has other useful information too.

http://www.spotterguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2015_f1_v2.jpg

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #703 on: April 10, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »

So Hamilton doesn't get the number 1?

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #704 on: April 10, 2015, 09:33:35 PM »

So Hamilton doesn't get the number 1?

He can I believe he chose not to. Nevermind found article that explains it.
Below is nicked from ESPN
Lewis Hamilton plans to break from tradition next season and retain the number 44 on his Mercedes, rather than adopt number one for his title defence.
At the start of the 2014 season F1 drivers picked numbers to remain with them for the remainder of their careers, with Hamilton choosing the number 44 with which he won his first karting title. Sebastian Vettel picked number five at the start of the year but drove with number one on his Red Bull because he was the defending champion, with regulations stating he will switch to his career choice next season at Ferrari.
But newly-crowned 2014 world champion Hamilton, who has the number 44 tattooed behind his right ear, says his current choice means more to him.
"Forty-four has always been my number, ever since I started [racing]," Hamilton said. "I won my first championship on number 44. I'm going to work very hard to ask the team if I can keep 44 on my car next year. Number one is a great thing but I will always know I'm number one. Forty-four is my favourite number so I want to keep it on the car."
Other motor racing championships, such as Moto GP and IndyCar, often have competitors sticking with their career number when defending a championship. Hamilton says he would not need a change of number on his car for other drivers to know he's the defending champion.
"It doesn't make any difference. I'll still be 44 but underlying that the drivers will know I'm number one."

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motorsport/story/186125.html#dJ46WM7jYOPA6A7K.99
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55   Go Up