SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 06:30:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TunaPhreak's Rammer (RM MR) 6/20/11 FIN  (Read 2021 times)

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • Do or do not, there is no try.
TunaPhreak's Rammer (RM MR) 6/20/11 FIN
« on: May 27, 2011, 08:38:38 AM »

I know I've only been here, um, a day now?  But you guys seem like a fun crew with a lot of talent, so I'd like to open the invitation to join a race that Wolfpack & I are hosting: The Battle of the Race Modified Mid-Rear's at night!

(Similar but different than the event Pursuit Tailgunner is running, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, er tires!)

Date of the race:  Monday June 20th 9:30pm EST / 8:30 CST / etc / etc

I had been wanting to race with RM's in our little group for a while now and this is where it starts, light & nimble vs big and speedy!

Course: Special Stage Route 5 (night race)
Laps: 30
Eligible Cars: Acura NSX '91 RM & Lotus Elise '96 RM ONLY
Performance Limitation: 500PP
Allowable Parts: Any and all, RACING HARD tires
Engine Reduction: Not allowed!  Must use parts combinations to achieve
500PP or less.  Remember, AERODYNAMICS affect PPs greatly, so you can
buy or dial down quite a few numbers there!
Ballast to decrease PP (or at all) is NOT allowed!

And the usual course settings:
Damage Light
Edge Grip Real
Fuel & tire wear On
Penalty Strong
Boost None

UPDATE: I forgot a few other settings that can be questioned so I'm adding those as well.
Driving Line: Allowed
ABS: Allowed
Traction Control: Disabled
ASM: Disabled
Active Steering: Disabled
SRF: Disabled

Oh and in case you missed it, RACING HARD TIRES  ^-^  ^-^

And there's no way to enforce this and you don't have to if you really don't want to, but since these are both Premium cars, I've requested everyone use cockpit view during the race.  It makes it a bit more interesting in my eyes, and it's pretty fair if everyone does it.  I've been doing all my practice in the cockpit, but again I can't enforce this and it's simply a request to keep it fairer by having everyone do it, but I'm sure not everyone will.

And I think that covers the basics.  Fastest laps so far have been in the 1:30.XXX to 1:32.XXX range  in online lounge between myself and a couple others.

And one other note to mention: Wolfpack and I ran 2 practice races, switching cars for both.  We came into practice thinking the Elise would be the tougher choice to win with and that the power of the NSX would be able to walk away with it, especially since it can walk the Elise in the final straight even without a draft!  BUT all that power also made the NSX MUCH more prone
to wheel spin and oversteer as a result through the curves.  The elise you can pretty much throw around the course and take a lot of turns at full throttle, and even if you got a little loose it generally wouldn't get out of control.  We felt the NSX required a lot more throttle control & finesse to keep clean laps and avoid spins.

Don't get me wrong, the NSX definitely *could* have won both races, but the fact that it didn't due more to driver error than anything else makes me think it will be the harder choice overall as it will require a little bit extra control and mental sharpness.  It's real easy to start blowing turns when that little elise is way ahead of you, and you're trying to catch up, and you forget to be patient and mindful of the power you're controlling.

Hope to see some of you there!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:32:24 PM by TunaPhreak »
Race smarter, not harder!
http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
Re: TunaPhreak's Upcoming Rammer (RM MR) plan and test
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 08:55:58 AM »

Ram her?

Sounds like an awesome series. Some great cars to choose from.

MS

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 09:04:03 AM »

Such interesting results when you type "Rammer" into a Google images search...

:angel:

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »

hahahaha, nice pic

PSN ID = dawson864

War_Hound

• Longtail Tuna
  • Steering: DFGT Voice: Turtlebeach Wireless
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 09:25:53 AM »

I'm in for sure.

I know I've only been here, um, a day now?  But you guys seem like a fun crew with a lot of talent, so I'd like to open the invitation to join a race that Wolfpack & I are hosting: The Battle of the Race Modified Mid-Rear's at night!

(Similar but different than the event Pursuit Tailgunner is running, so I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, er tires!)

Exact date of race has not yet been finalized, but probably looking to run 2nd week of June or so (definitely not a Wednesday), I'll update this post when that happens.

I had been wanting to race with RM's in our little group for a while now and this is where it starts, light & nimble vs big and speedy!

Course: Special Stage Route 5 (night race)
Laps: 30
Eligible Cars: Acura NSX '91 RM & Lotus Elise '96 RM ONLY
Performance Limitation: 500PP
Allowable Parts: Any and all, Racing Hard tires
Engine Reduction: Not allowed!  Must use parts combinations to achieve
500PP or less.  Remember, AERODYNAMICS affect PPs greatly, so you can
buy or dial down quite a few numbers there!
Ballast to decrease PP (or at all) is NOT allowed!

And the usual course settings:
Damage Light
Edge Grip Real
Fuel & tire wear On
Penalty Strong

And I think that covers the basics.  Fastest laps so far have been in the 1:30.XXX to 1:32.XXX range  in online lounge between myself and a couple others.

And one other note to mention: Wolfpack and I ran 2 practice races, switching cars for both.  We came into practice thinking the Elise would be the tougher choice to win with and that the power of the NSX would be able to walk away with it, especially since it can walk the Elise in the final straight even without a draft!  BUT all that power also made the NSX MUCH more prone
to wheel spin and oversteer as a result through the curves.  The elise you can pretty much throw around the course and take a lot of turns at full throttle, and even if you got a little loose it generally wouldn't get out of control.  We felt the NSX required a lot more throttle control & finesse to keep clean laps and avoid spins.

Don't get me wrong, the NSX definitely *could* have won both races, but the fact that it didn't due more to driver error than anything else makes me think it will be the harder choice overall as it will require a little bit extra control and mental sharpness.  It's real easy to start blowing turns when that little elise is way ahead of you, and you're trying to catch up, and you forget to be patient and mindful of the power you're controlling.

So anyone interested??  8)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 11:40:22 PM »

Always love the Loti. If life allows I'd like to make it out.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 12:06:33 AM »

Yeah I'm definitely interested in this.  Two of my favorite RM cars.  Good choices, Phreak!

Can I recommend running this on a Sunday?  Reason being, by mid June every other day is pretty much booked.

Monday - Rejects High Speed Ring evnet
Tuesday - TuTu
Wednesday - Baked's Miata Series
Thursday - ShoSho
Friday - 300/500 Series
Saturday - Drive In
Sunday -  :-\

Based on that, it seems Sunday could potentially get you the most participants around here.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 12:08:34 AM by TunaWiz »

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 07:07:04 AM »

Can I recommend running this on a Sunday?  Reason being, by mid June every other day is pretty much booked.

I certainly think that should be doable.  I'll message my group and see how that fits their schedules and get back to you!
My PSN is PsychoPhreak, not TunaPhreak. You can tune a car but you can't TunaPhreak!

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 09:25:26 AM »

Dates & Rules have been updated in the first post.  This particular event will be run on a Monday, so if Reject's still going to be doing HSRR runs weekly, well, I hope maybe I can steal a few people for one night!

fenderburn

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • man of a thousand faces
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »

I'll give 'er a go mate....

[attachment deleted during "purge" by admin]

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 10:32:29 AM »

Sounds good, see you there, TONIGHT 8PM!!

Room number will be posted!

TunaPitReject

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »

Bummer, I was hoping to make this event. It's scheduled during the Monday Touring event.   :(

Wolfpack987

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »

I plan on bouncing around tonight, between this event and HSRR.  However I don't have a MR car set up for HSRR so I'll probably be mostly in the other room.

I probably won't be signing on before 9.  It's Monday so that means it's pint night at the Flying Saucer :jimi:

PSN ID = dawson864

TunaPhreak

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 12:53:11 PM »

Bummer, I was hoping to make this event. It's scheduled during the Monday Touring event.   :(
Oh I know you were, and was hoping you still would.  Thought maybe you could postpone/skip out for just 1 week since you seem to be going every Monday now.  But I can't force you or anyone of course, only throw out the option.  Personally, it was super fun setting up and practicing with everyone for the HSRR "event", but now it's just the same cars on the same track week after week.  Which is great to be able to setup a bunch of cars for, and be able to have people hop in/hop out and have races just running, but I'm beginning to long for a little extra diversity :)

And I too will be popping on HSRR events here and there, certainly if nothing else is going on, but again, this will be a 1 time NSX vs elise, no weekly ongoing series  :angel:

fenderburn

• Yellowfin Tuna
  • man of a thousand faces
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »

OH Nooo Phreak's room and the Mon Touring room are the same time???hmmm, is it exactly the same time 8pm east?, that means 5pm here in Az. or is it 6pm west?...I'll start in the first room open then if I'm in last place maybe I can crash and die , then make it to the other room,,,oh man I hate to quit,,,well,,Hey TunaPhreak,,who's got the highest PP, that's where I'll start....I'll reread you room regs, I went thru it pretty quick,,,,I like a little more H/P under my foot

[attachment deleted during "purge" by admin]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up