• May 01, 2024, 09:01:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas / suggestions for future events  (Read 1363 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Ideas / suggestions for future events
« on: July 03, 2011, 03:16:34 PM »

Following on from a comment Ronin made in the thread for last night's Drive-in about maybe starting up a "Supa Tuna Sunday Drive" or similar public event it got me to thinking, I've had a bunch of ideas for races bouncing around in my head for a while now but haven't really put anything down on paper or done a great deal of testing but I figure maybe this is an opportunity to throw some ideas out there and see what people think.

FF Challenge
Cars: Any production FF car, any body style
Weight: 1200kg
Power: 350hp
PP: negotiable
Tires: negotiable

70s Hatchbacks
Cars: Autobianchi A112 '79, Honda Civic '79, Mitsubishi Mirage '78, VW Golf GTI '76
Weight: 700kg
Power: 180hp
PP: Negotiable

Modern Hatchbacks
Cars: Any modern production hatchback (VW Golf, Honda Civic, Ford Focus, Suzuki Swift, etc)
Weight: 1200kg
Power: 300hp

Sedan Chairs and Wingbacks
Cars: Any 4-door production car (Chrysler 300C, Lexus IS-F, Lexus GS300, Mercedes C63, Jaguar XFR, etc)
Cars: Any production wagon (Audi RS 4 / 6, Nissan Stagea 260RS, Subaru Sport Wagon STi, etc)
Weight: 1500kg
Power: 500hp

Cup Car Challenge
Cars: One make race of any of the Cup Cars (VW Lupo GTI, VW New Beetle, Renault Clio / Lutecia, Nissan mm-R)
Weight: stock
Power: stock

Tarmac Rally Challenge (possibly a dirt / snow version, depending how they work online)
Cars: Any rally car
Weight: stock
Power: 300hp

As I say though they're just basic ideas or themes for races, I haven't done a great deal of testing so really all the numbers need to be fine tuned as they're just based on experience and car stats right now.  There's plenty of other options too especially with older cars too or the various other race cars to that could be grouped together.

Given the multitude of cars available in GT5 I think there's a lot of untapped potential for excitement in some of the less popular and less often used cars, while there's nothing wrong with the higher end sports cars sometimes it's nice to drive something a little more ordinary.  I know that I (and I think everyone else) really had a blast with the old Honda S800 RSC Race car even we raced a week or two ago, so I got to thinking about all the other cars we don't race very often.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Ideas / suggestions for future events
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »

Maybe we resurrect "Sunday Driver" - if Brindle doesn't mind however us stealing the name.  He dropped the name when he starting hosting the Tuna Cup Series.

I miss SFS (Sucka Free Sunday) and would love if we had an open, fun, event each Sunday similar to the good ol' SFS venue.  Those were Goos Times!

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »

It would certainly fill that need for an event appropriate to attract newcomers

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 07:37:22 AM »

Maybe we resurrect "Sunday Driver" - if Brindle doesn't mind however us stealing the name.  He dropped the name when he starting hosting the Tuna Cup Series.

I miss SFS (Sucka Free Sunday) and would love if we had an open, fun, event each Sunday similar to the good ol' SFS venue.  Those were Goos Times!

Does SFS run anymore?  I haven't been over to their site or PSN recently.

DesertSniper72

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • Front Towards Enemy
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:01:16 AM »

I got the impression it was no longer running. I haven't seen it since GT5 was released.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 10:28:38 AM »

Jayz606 was the creator of SFS so long ago. 

It died about the same time the PS forums imploded on itself.  It does not run at the 4 letter.

I remember way back.  Jayz started it.  It grew into the event we all know and loved.  It ran for almost a year before Jayz needed a well deserved break from racing.  Jayz, being the class act he is, allowed us to continue to use SFS and its name.  We enjoyed 2 years of great racing every Sunday until the forum blew up.

Jayz606 was one of the 1rd person I added to my friends list all those years ago.  I can ask him if he wouldn't mind if we bring back the old classic and run it here.  Whatta think?

Side note.  I like the idea on rallying.  I can't remember every racing a rally event with real people.  I'm for eating some gravel.   

JLBowler

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 10:44:51 AM »

If there is interest in a rally series then I have an idea I've been kicking around for a while now.  Basically it involves running just like a rally stage.  You show up and get one crack at a created track that you haven't seen before.  I would create the tracks and host the room for everyone.  The number of participants would be unlimited becasue it would be one person at a time on the track and setting a time.  It could be run any time I was online to host the room and record your time.  This would allow drivers to race when it's a good day for them.  Each stage would be open for a week and a full race could last four to six weeks.  I'm still working out some things but it's an idea if there is interest.  I would be happy to run the series and not race in it becasue I'm not that good at rally and someone has to create the tracks and not see them before the race.

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 11:20:56 AM »

I want to do a timed event too Bowler. Kind of a Tarmac Rally, but I would break the normal rally concept and have everyone start each stage together. I would also use created tracks that no-one, including the designer, has driven. I wouldn't want rally cars though. I might go for specific spec GT300 cars, or close-spec street cars. I would want tires to be sports soft or racing hard. All races would be done the same night. Timing is my problem. I don't have dedicated gaming time, other than Friday nights. (GT300) I would consider doing it on one of the GT300 off-weeks.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »

Jayz606 was one of the 1rd person I added to my friends list all those years ago.  I can ask him if he wouldn't mind if we bring back the old classic and run it here.  Whatta think?

Side note.  I like the idea on rallying.  I can't remember every racing a rally event with real people.  I'm for eating some gravel.   

Please ask JayZ...

Also, also...   I was thinking of having a snow fest and a dirt ball at the Midnight Drive-In (two diff evnets) in the near future. 

(trying to find an appropriate "cult"-like flic). 
:think

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »

I really like the idea of having a rally event but the midnight events are just too late for me.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 12:36:31 PM »

Also, also...   I was thinking of having a snow fest and a dirt ball at the Midnight Drive-In (two diff evnets) in the near future. 

(trying to find an appropriate "cult"-like flic). 

At a stretch you could maybe get away with Dirty Dozen and Snow White or something similar :).

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

JLBowler

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 12:57:05 PM »

Blazing Saddles could be pony cars on dirt or something centered around the movie Ishtar.  As for the snow, I got nothin.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »

The Shining, great movie, and had snow.

Or, Misery. The writer aka prisoner wrecks his Mustang in the snow.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

JLBowler

• SkipJack Tuna
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 03:44:39 PM »

I want to do a timed event too Bowler. Kind of a Tarmac Rally, but I would break the normal rally concept and have everyone start each stage together. I would also use created tracks that no-one, including the designer, has driven. I wouldn't want rally cars though. I might go for specific spec GT300 cars, or close-spec street cars. I would want tires to be sports soft or racing hard. All races would be done the same night. Timing is my problem. I don't have dedicated gaming time, other than Friday nights. (GT300) I would consider doing it on one of the GT300 off-weeks.

As far as I'm concerned, you can have a timed event with any type of car out there.  My reasoning for doing it seperatly would be so that there is not a set time that you have to show up and run it.  This way it doesn't conflict with anything else that is going on and guys with real world commitments can race at their leisure.  I'm in the pacific time zone so late night stuff is fine with me if that's when guys have time.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 03:48:46 PM »

From time to time I think a demolition derby at the Top Gear test track might be fun. 5 to 10 laps, street cars only, heavy damage, basically any thing goes. If a movie was needed for it. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome might fit.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up