SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 02:59:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas / suggestions for future events  (Read 1364 times)

Turbo-Tuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
Re: Ideas / suggestions for future events
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 04:32:57 PM »

Demolition derby...Easy short cutom dirt track(s), classic cars, heavy damage. Pandemonium y'all

Brindle

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 08:56:19 AM »

Maybe we resurrect "Sunday Driver" - if Brindle doesn't mind however us stealing the name.  He dropped the name when he starting hosting the Tuna Cup Series.

I miss SFS (Sucka Free Sunday) and would love if we had an open, fun, event each Sunday similar to the good ol' SFS venue.  Those were Goos Times!

I have no problem at all if you want to use the "Sunday Driver" as a title.

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »

Perhaps a race of economy.  Say 100 laps at HSR. The winner it not necessarily the one who comes in first,  instead its the person who completes the race in the highest spot with the fewest pit stops.  It would be a race where fuel and tire conservation are the key to winning. 

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »

Perhaps a race of economy.  Say 100 laps at HSR. The winner it not necessarily the one who comes in first,  instead its the person who completes the race in the highest spot with the fewest pit stops.  It would be a race where fuel and tire conservation are the key to winning. 

I've been invited to two similar races. The premise of fuel and tire conservation being the key to winning was the same, the difference was pit stops where flat out prohibited (and enforced by choosing a track with no pit lane). I was forced to decline those races because they where being run less than an hour before I had to leave for work, I simply would not have been able to make the distance before having to leave. But from what I have been told by the host and the participants I have spoken with they had tremendous fun as well as a huge learning experience.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

dlrws6

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 11:51:42 AM »

I've been invited to two similar races. The premise of fuel and tire conservation being the key to winning was the same, the difference was pit stops where flat out prohibited (and enforced by choosing a track with no pit lane). I was forced to decline those races because they where being run less than an hour before I had to leave for work, I simply would not have been able to make the distance before having to leave. But from what I have been told by the host and the participants I have spoken with they had tremendous fun as well as a huge learning experience.

Interesting... I initially had similar thoughts but I kept thinking to myself what if there were 16 people in the race and 14 of them were sitting on the side of the road, out of fuel, waiting for the last two cars to settle the race because the race was too long. 

Or there are enough cars, just do a Group C sim.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »

I know from experience, your car won't stop when it runs out of fuel, but it'll only run about 40mph. At least that's the case offline, I don't know if it would do any different online.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 12:06:29 PM »

Online it putts too... 

If only I could get my car to run on empty.  I might be willing to go 40mph if I never, ever had to pay for gas again...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up