SupaTunaGT

• May 02, 2024, 02:20:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Coming Attractions?

Watch this space for new News as it develops, or...

Check out the "ONLINE EVENTS" thread...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Essential Car List: Vote 3 (PSN link)  (Read 4377 times)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
The Essential Car List: Vote 3 (PSN link)
« on: October 02, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »

This is not my list, I'm just posting a link for those that don't visit the official PSD (PlayStation Deathstar, it only destroys everything!) forums in case you guys might want to participate in the voting again.  Here's the link:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/VOTE-3-for-The-Essential-Car-List-VOTE/m-p/38425933#U38425933

Basically the same idea as was posted before, choose 5 cars from the list you'd like to see in GT5 and send a PM to "VoteforGTCars" with your votes, there are instructions in the main post too.  Voting is open until Friday October 19th, 5:00 pm EST so there is a bit of time to ponder the choices, seems like a decent list again though I think there are some repeat entries from previous votes.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
Re: The Essential Car List: Vote 3 (PSN link)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:00:38 PM »

awesome, thanks for posting Feldynn... Good to see your "face" over there a little more.

it's only as "deathy" as we make it, and good people staying away isn't the way to make it better.

anyways, there are some repeat choices because they received a high percentage of votes in previous rounds, but did not win the top 5 or 10 or whatever.

they get "parking lotted" and then considered for possible inclusion in future rounds, as I understand it.

But people please understand that this is YOUR chance to vote and nominate (actually nomination thread is separate, but linked within) cars you'd want in GT.  MastrGT has created a process that has these results fed to the people who have the best chance of listening to us.  Not that it's a guarentee, but it's probably the closest we can get at this time.

At least there will be an official record of cars voted on by the GT community.

The more participation this process receives, the more fruitful.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »

Yes, lets all vote again.  PD will ignore us again and give us another Nissan.  Sweet

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »

Or maybe a Kia Clarus?!  Schwing!!!

:hhjj

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 05:21:05 PM »

another nissan i can't wait. :( kia's are in the game now, premium i ASSume since they are exceptionally well ENGINEERED? :jimi:

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:17:30 AM »

voting for what you want and being upset they were not chosen for the game are two separate matters to be dealt with differently, IMO.

make sure your vote is heard first, then if you are upset about the content in DLC packs just voice that just as loudly, if not louder.

trust me, there is a lot of outrage over another nissan and another "toyota" and there's no way they are missing it.  but that shouldn't keep you from telling them specifically waht you DO want versus just telling them what you DON'T want.

the best way to protest the nissan is to not buy it.  that sends a message that is impossible to ignore.  I have only purchased the Honda personally.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 10:54:33 AM »

I personally believe that since PD/Kaz is best buddies, the Nissan influx will never go away. Nissan wants their cars in the game. Kaz is all about GTAcademy.  Unfortunately, we will see every Nissan ever made, and then the duplicates will start with "this" model had an ashtray, and this one didnt.

All the other manufacturers will take a backseat to Nisssan .... and that just sucks.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »

But I needz the one with an ashtray...
:joint

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »

I'm far from upset.  It is what it is.

In the past 5 years I have seen car wish lists come and go. 

The Caddy CTS-V has been on every wish list created and what do we get? Another Nissan, then another Nissan, then a Toyota, then another Nissan.

I'm done wishing that PD will actually pay attention to it's customers.

They didn't get my money for this latest DLC, did they hear me? Very doubtful.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »

well I certainly here ya boston... the constant influx of nissans and japanese cars in general is frustrating.

agent is probably right that they will constnatly inundate us with Nissans.  But hopefully they include others alongside the Nissans which are vastly different varieties of cars.

which is why I say, buy the Honda HSV or whatever its called, because truly it is one of the most amazing drives you could experience, but DON'T buy the other two if you feel they are not worthy.

Then, there is a +1 on the count of HSV's and a +0 on the Nissan and Subie.

Businessmen look at those kinds of stats, even if they don't pay attention to forum posts or wishlists.  Why do you think they separated out the cars as individual purchases?  They want these figures and stats.  So lets give it to them!

Ultimately, MGT does have access to provide a solid list to the GT Team and through this process, we will know abso-frickin-lutely that they've received it.  It won't be a guess or a hope.  They'll have it.  And then if we don't receive ANY of the cars we request, in DLC or even later in GT6, then we'll know they just don't care.

As it stands right now, this particular community voting process is in its infancy and PD probably hasn't had time to respond to it.  The three cars we just were offered in the latest round of DLC were probably in works for a short time before our new list began to materialize.

I must take some blame for that, because MastrGT asked me to spearhead the effort about 9 months ago and I wasn't able to find the time.  I suggested OzDaddy would be a better choice, and I believe he has been.  But again, the process is relateively new.

If you don't support the process, though, it can't be what we need it to be.

If they ask "how many people voted for the new Viper?" and Oz has to report "20", it will be shameful.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 11:26:41 PM »

Insert Quote
well I certainly here ya boston... the constant influx of nissans and japanese cars in general is frustrating.

agent is probably right that they will constnatly inundate us with Nissans.  But hopefully they include others alongside the Nissans which are vastly different varieties of cars.

which is why I say, buy the Honda HSV or whatever its called, because truly it is one of the most amazing drives you could experience, but DON'T buy the other two if you feel they are not worthy.

Then, there is a +1 on the count of HSV's and a +0 on the Nissan and Subie.

Businessmen look at those kinds of stats, even if they don't pay attention to forum posts or wishlists.  Why do you think they separated out the cars as individual purchases?  They want these figures and stats.  So lets give it to them!

Ultimately, MGT does have access to provide a solid list to the GT Team and through this process, we will know abso-frickin-lutely that they've received it.  It won't be a guess or a hope.  They'll have it.  And then if we don't receive ANY of the cars we request, in DLC or even later in GT6, then we'll know they just don't care.

As it stands right now, this particular community voting process is in its infancy and PD probably hasn't had time to respond to it.  The three cars we just were offered in the latest round of DLC were probably in works for a short time before our new list began to materialize.

I must take some blame for that, because MastrGT asked me to spearhead the effort about 9 months ago and I wasn't able to find the time.  I suggested OzDaddy would be a better choice, and I believe he has been.  But again, the process is relateively new.

If you don't support the process, though, it can't be what we need it to be.

If they ask "how many people voted for the new Viper?" and Oz has to report "20", it will be shameful.

Ex,
I have to tip my hat to you bud.  The immense support that you give to this gave is amazing.  I truly love your enthusiasm.
Blame yourself not. (Jedi shit right there).  Time is valuable on all fronts.  You were busy.  It's a game.  Life always take priority.  You do a hell of a lot around here and I imagine, a hell of a lot more at the Death Star.  I thank you for that.
I don't know why I've become so negative towards the game that I have cherished since GT1.  Maybe, as I've aged I expected my game to.  Maybe, I see the same old GT that I've always seen, but this time online. Though, I've met some really :fucking great people because of that.  Maybe, it's because I see what is on the horizon from other companies.  Maybe, I'm just a negative nanny.   :-\ :-\ :-\
I'll vote in hopes that we might see it in GT6.
Thanks Ex!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 10:13:30 AM »

Ultimately, for the participation of the masses, PD needs to run their own wish lists, either on their own web site or, better yet, in-game.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 10:54:14 AM »

Ultimately, for the participation of the masses, PD needs to run their own wish lists, either on their own web site or, better yet, in-game.

Very much the bit in yellow, but with one major cave yacht (or caveat to you smart folks :)) being that they display the results somewhere perhaps like they did with the Academy details, and one minor cave dingy that we also have the "Brewsters Millions" option to register vote for "none of the above".

I'd love to see the results an in-game poll asking everyone a simple question about the next new DLC car.. Would you like:

A)  The next new Nissan GT-R production and / or race car
B)  A new model but from another manufacturer
C)  None of the above

I'd be willing to put money on A getting the least votes, though I could also believe it might be close depending on the popularity of GT-Rs elsewhere in the world.  Either way it would be interesting :D.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement Boston.  I try to help the community but sometimes fail miserably as I'm human like everyone else.

A lot of people have felt valid reasons to be negative lately, here, there, and everywhere.  I've certainly contributed my fair share of it too.  But I'm trying my best to ignore those who I think won't change and move on with enjoyment of the game.

people here are at STGT are among the best I've met anywhere, which is why I've stuck around and cared enough to comment on things.

Grilled Tuna

• Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

we are glad to have you here ex. MY recent negativity towards the game is a result of burnout and exclusion from GTacademy(not saying i would have made the cut or blaming PD as much as Canadian laws). as far as more cars go we dont' need anymore. most of us havent drove more than 20% of the cars in our garage's. but we do need more/new tracks to keep the racing fresh and the learning curve steep IMO. i personally plan to  boycott all gt5 DLC's that don't have tracks. like ive done all along. and ill proably throw a rant in occasionally just cause i can kinda like pissing in the town water supply. :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up