SupaTunaGT

• May 01, 2024, 11:17:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The Essential Car List: Vote 3 (PSN link)  (Read 4376 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: The Essential Car List: Vote 3 (PSN link)
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 06:46:25 PM »

we are glad to have you here ex. MY recent negativity towards the game is a result of burnout and exclusion from GTacademy(not saying i would have made the cut or blaming PD as much as Canadian laws). as far as more cars go we dont' need anymore. most of us havent drove more than 20% of the cars in our garage's. but we do need more/new tracks to keep the racing fresh and the learning curve steep IMO. i personally plan to  boycott all gt5 DLC's that don't have tracks. like ive done all along. and ill proably throw a rant in occasionally just cause i can kinda like pissing in the town water supply. :D

I keep hearing about Canadian laws being to blame but I have yet to hear a solid argument as to why Canadian laws are an issue.  The issue most likely is that Canadian laws are different than the US and our market is too small for PD to bother to make sure that their contest respects our laws.  We don't even get our own version of the official GT website.  You click on the Canadian logo and you just get the American site.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »

The game seems on the surface to be aimed at driving enthusiasts. But the lack of updates involving tracks has caused things to become stagnant discouraging the most avid users. And the car choices have been scattered across the spectrum of automobilia without any concern for how entertaining it is to be behind the wheel of the car. This has been a huge issue for me from the start. The car list is a joke PD shouldn't brag about the number of cars it should be about the quality of their choices. I mean think about it in different terms would you rather have 100 friends or 10 really good friends.
PD has given us some brilliant stuff they have also made some inexcusable errors for a game that is in it's fifth generation. I still enjoy parts of this game but is sad to think how much better it could have been with a little different focus and some details that have been either ignored or overlooked. Just my thoughts.................I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 06:53:55 PM by BakedTuna »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »

I keep hearing about Canadian laws being to blame but I have yet to hear a solid argument as to why Canadian laws are an issue.  The issue most likely is that Canadian laws are different than the US and our market is too small for PD to bother to make sure that their contest respects our laws.  We don't even get our own version of the official GT website.  You click on the Canadian logo and you just get the American site.

Have you ever seen the rules for a variety of US contests? If you lived in Alaska or Hawaii, you would feel like us Canadians. Many US contests limit the participants to the 50 main states and the District of Columbia.

They were working on getting us into the Academy this year well before I got to talk to them about it, but I think they either ran out of time or something else basic like that.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 08:04:17 AM »

Gojet-64 tried to get a Track list process like this going, but it didn't receive much support at all.

It could probably be revived... not sure.

I agree tracks matter more than cars.  As far as longevity of the gameplay.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 09:20:08 AM »

Have you ever seen the rules for a variety of US contests? If you lived in Alaska or Hawaii, you would feel like us Canadians. Many US contests limit the participants to the 50 main states and the District of Columbia.

They were working on getting us into the Academy this year well before I got to talk to them about it, but I think they either ran out of time or something else basic like that.

I am Canadian.  What law prevents a contest like this from being in Canada?  I'm not aware of one.  Quebec, I could understand.  This isn't a new contest and they've known about our rules for some time.  They even ran a GT event here.  They also run this event in many other countries all of which have their own rules.  What it comes down to is that they just didn't care about us enough to get it done.  Maybe Sony Canada tried to get us the event but obviously we were an after thought.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 09:53:18 AM »

The laws are the ones related to contests. Each jurisdiction has their own, but I don't know what holds them back. Maybe each one has to be registered in a certain way. This is why I think the problem last year was time related. If I can ever find out what happened, I will let you know.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 11:33:37 AM »

I gotz an idea...

How about an "Essential Track List". I am sick of getting Jap cars all the time...

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »

I gotz an idea...

How about an "Essential Track List". I am sick of getting Jap cars all the time...

I actually have one. Feldynn and I are proofreading it and it should be ready before long.

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 12:13:10 PM »

The Essential Track List

Response to it was not encouraging. It seems cars put the gleam in most player's eyes.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 12:18:36 PM »

Also there actually is one up on the PSN forum..

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo-Series-General/The-Essential-GT-Track-List/m-p/38021473#U38021473

.. similar format to the Car List but as yet hasn't taken off quite so much yet.

:tr :)

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

RoninTuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Bigeye Tuna
  • Katana o motte
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »

The Essential Track List

Response to it was not encouraging. It seems cars put the gleam in most player's eyes.

That's pretty bad, I cam up with twice that on my own, with Feldynn's help I am at 30 tracks. And I excluded a number of tracks like Lime Rock Park (CT), Circuit of the Americas (TX) and New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJ) to name a few that I had originally thought of, in an effort not to get all American track favoritistical. 

I survived the Great PSN outage of 2011

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 11:45:12 PM »

Oh, it's relatively easy to build a track list, but the trick is to get people involved.

CharlieTuna

• Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 08:43:09 AM »

Maybe if they at least pretended to pay attention to us it would spark some participation...

Maybe folks wouldn't seem so apethetic if that happened every once in a while.

But if you say things repeatedly and no one seems to pay attention you get less apt to provide info/feedback.

YMMV...

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »

time to get those votes in!

Friday is the last day for this round, and if participation is good, then there will be future rounds.  If not.... well....

i'm going to cast my vote today.

mind you, your vote here may actually have more impact than any other voting you may be doing in the near future ;)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up