• May 06, 2024, 07:08:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74717 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2012, 08:23:37 PM »

Is this game out? I need info.

Not yet.  I suspect we'll be waiting about a year before this hits the shelves.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2012, 08:45:52 PM »

I just read this but I'm not sure exactly what it means and how it will be implemented (will it be in multiplayer?) but I'm very intrigued nonetheless...

DRIVER CHANGES
If playing in a Co-Op event, drivers will also change at the designated time when coming into the pits. This is visually represented by control being taken away from the previous driver and them transitioning to the Session Overview screen whilst simultaneously the next driver is transitioned from the Session Overview screen to the car.
Players will be notified via an onscreen HUD/UI countdown 1 lap in advance of this happening so they can prepare themselves.

If this does indeed end up being included in multiplayer that would be....

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2012, 02:49:12 AM »

my computer is kind of borderline spec wise (3+ year old 2.4Ghz Quad-core, 3Gb ram, 2Gb Nvidia card),

Here are the minimum specs...

CPU - 3.0GHz Dual-Core, 2.4GHz Quad-Core
GRAPHICS - nVidia 9600 GT 512Mb, ATI Radeon HD 4750 512Mb
MEMORY - 2Gb RAM

So you're close but you should be good I think.  Won't be able to turn up the graphics or anything but it should be playable.  What nvidia card do you have?

My CPU is a 3GHz quad core and there are 8 Gbs or RAM, so I sure hope the graphics card is also up to the task.

I presume that the "ATI Technologies Inc Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5600 Series]" 5600 series is better than a 4750.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2012, 06:29:16 AM »

Based on this website - http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html   the nvidia 9600 scores a 930.  Y'all need to find your card on that list and see how it compares to that 930 score.  I know this isn't exact science here but it should give you a rough idea of how your card will perform for this game.

MasterGT, yours scores a 999 so you should be good.

Feldynn, unfortunately yours scores a 390 so you may struggle a bit.

Also, looking around the net a little, cards that score around 1000 can be had for about 60 to 70 bucks.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2012, 08:38:05 AM »

Based on this website - http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html   the nvidia 9600 scores a 930.  Y'all need to find your card on that list and see how it compares to that 930 score.  I know this isn't exact science here but it should give you a rough idea of how your card will perform for this game.

MasterGT, yours scores a 999 so you should be good.

Feldynn, unfortunately yours scores a 390 so you may struggle a bit.

Also, looking around the net a little, cards that score around 1000 can be had for about 60 to 70 bucks.

Na na na na na.  My card is better than yours (1131).

What I remember from my PC gaming days is that you don't really want a card that is near the minimum requirements.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »

Interesting thing I noticed with that benchmarking site, I used to have an old ATI Radeon x1900 series Crossfire combo (I think had about 1.5Gb combined memory, not sure if I ever got the Crossfire working right though).  I forget the exact model number but according to that website even the lowest ranked Radeon x1900 series should be at least twice as good as the GT 520 I have now but that's not what I found in terms of actual performance.

Could be a number of variables but I did notice a significant improvement with performance when I switched to the GeForce GT 520, my main suspicion is it's a combination of "old vs new" technology (got the PC with ATI cards 3-4 years ago and it was probably old tech even then) and the simple fact that the GeForce has more memory than the Radeon.

I'll likely throw 10 units of that funny European currency at it this in the not too distant future though just to give it a try though, if it turns out to run ok I'll probably upgrade to the 25E pack because it does look like it'll be a very cool game at this stage.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »

Thanks, TunaWiz.

So, at almost 1000, is the card going to have any real limitations compared to the minimum? It sounds OK, and I'll be getting the console version to actually use, in the future, so it probably won't bother me much if there are any.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »

Hmm... I don't even think my graphics card is listed. Maybe that's why I get a migrane playing iracing.

Mobile Intel 965 Express  :-\

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »

Hopefully the console version will be a worth while option.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »

Hmm... I don't even think my graphics card is listed. Maybe that's why I get a migrane playing iracing.

Mobile Intel 965 Express  :-\

The link I posted was the high-end chart.

Yours is on the low-end chart and scores an 82.  Migraine inducing indeed.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »

Thanks, TunaWiz.

So, at almost 1000, is the card going to have any real limitations compared to the minimum? It sounds OK, and I'll be getting the console version to actually use, in the future, so it probably won't bother me much if there are any.

I don't think you'll be able to turn the graphics settings way up but you should have no trouble running this game whatsoever.  It should look anywhere from "decent" to "good" depending on what settings you choose.

For reference, my card scores an 1885 and I still can't turn the settings way up and keep a good frame rate. 

I only care about certain things graphics wise so that helps me a bit though.  For instance, I'm a bumper cam user so I couldn't care less how my car looks, so I have my "Car Detail" setting on low.  And even on low the AI cars look good enough for me.  Another one is shadows.  After playing GT5 for so long, I'm used to shitty looking shadows so I have my shadow setting on low as well.  And I gotta say, even on low they're probably on par with GT5's shadows.  Side note: shadows are graphics hogs and will kill your FPS.  If you turn shadows to low it should allow you the resources to turn some other settings up higher.

TheHotstepper

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • HaTUNA Matata
    • Classic Car Weekly
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2012, 12:45:36 PM »

Mobile Intel 965 Express  :-\

The link I posted was the high-end chart.

Yours is on the low-end chart and scores an 82.  Migraine inducing indeed.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »

Hopefully the console version will be a worth while option.

I hope so too and at this point I think it will be.

I did little reading on the console versions yesterday and from what I can tell they will not be as robust as the PC version.

Main reasons are the following...

1.  Probably locked to 16 cars on track.  We're used to this anyway so no big deal to me.
2.  Locked to 30 FPS.  Some guys are saying this will be a game killer but I don't agree.  As long as it's a smooth 30 (no tearing, drops, etc.) I think it will be fine.
3.  The PC version is getting a better tire model.  They say the console tire model will still be as "sim" as the consoles will allow.
4.  Graphics will have to be "dumbed down" a little.  I think it's still going to look good though.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »

BTW, if I'm boring you guys with details feel free to tell me to shut the hell up.  I'm getting more and more excited for this game as the days go by and there's a TON of cool stuff that I'd like to post for y'all to read if you're interested.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2012, 01:00:23 PM »

Interesting thing I noticed with that benchmarking site, I used to have an old ATI Radeon x1900 series Crossfire combo (I think had about 1.5Gb combined memory, not sure if I ever got the Crossfire working right though).  I forget the exact model number but according to that website even the lowest ranked Radeon x1900 series should be at least twice as good as the GT 520 I have now but that's not what I found in terms of actual performance.

Could be a number of variables but I did notice a significant improvement with performance when I switched to the GeForce GT 520, my main suspicion is it's a combination of "old vs new" technology (got the PC with ATI cards 3-4 years ago and it was probably old tech even then) and the simple fact that the GeForce has more memory than the Radeon.

You could very well be right when you say "old vs new", Feldynn.  Also, I have no idea of the validity/accuracy of that site I posted.  I just typed "video card benchmark" into Google a while back and that was the first site that came up.  I did a little research though and it seems like that site is what a lot of people use.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:03:39 PM by TunaWiz »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 68   Go Up