• May 06, 2024, 07:46:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74717 times)

Brindle

Re: Project CARS
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »

Since the switch to SETA, which I really didn't like in the begining, the physics have now become freaking superb!  They have been tweaking in the right direction.  :)

Ballistic and I were out last night running some tracks with time change.  What a beautiful moon and sunrise!  We were stopping on the track at places admiring the night views...  As I'm looking up at the stars, I spoted the "little dipper".  And guess what was underneath, in the exact position it should be...  The "big dipper".  That alone is impressive, but it gets better.  We all know the night sky rotates around the "north star" (the handle of the little dipper).  I was blown away to see game recreate the rotation of the sky moving around the "north star".

This game is going to be fantastic!!!

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »

Since the switch to SETA, which I really didn't like in the begining, the physics have now become freaking superb!  They have been tweaking in the right direction.  :)

Ballistic and I were out last night running some tracks with time change.  What a beautiful moon and sunrise!  We were stopping on the track at places admiring the night views...  As I'm looking up at the stars, I spoted the "little dipper".  And guess what was underneath, in the exact position it should be...  The "big dipper".  That alone is impressive, but it gets better.  We all know the night sky rotates around the "north star" (the handle of the little dipper).  I was blown away to see game recreate the rotation of the sky moving around the "north star".

This game is going to be fantastic!!!

What is SETA?

Is there anyway that we can coordinate online?  Maybe through steam or something.  I'd like to run with you guys if I'm on at the same time.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2012, 12:48:50 PM »

What is SETA?

SETA is the new tire model they rolled out a while back.

Is there anyway that we can coordinate online? 

I have a Teamspeak server setup.  Download the Teamspeak 3 client from here http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads   and I'll shoot you a PM with login details.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2012, 12:58:21 PM »

Thanks.  anyone get MoTeC to work with pcars?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2012, 01:28:31 PM »

anyone get MoTeC to work with pcars?

No.  They said they're going to support it but I don't think it's implemented yet.

Brindle

« Reply #290 on: January 01, 2013, 11:22:19 AM »

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #291 on: January 01, 2013, 05:09:59 PM »

pcars is getting a lot better. still missing a some details and some track inaccuracies but getting there.  The video however was painful to watch.  Why did they pick a bumper cam for replay view?  Also a lot of the track detail that you can see in iRacing, you can't see on the video.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #292 on: January 02, 2013, 07:39:11 AM »

I agree Doc.  For me I think it's just to demonstrate that Pcars is coming along nicely. That was also an old build of pcars.(342) They are at 375 now I think? Not that they have done anything on Infineon since that build :-\ People need to remember this is still a pre alpha game. They are rating many of the cars as Beta 1 and Beta 2

Was fun time with you and Brindle last night. Me and Brindle then ran the Green Hell in the L4 Racer. Goos time :)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #293 on: January 02, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »

Was fun time with you and Brindle last night. Me and Brindle then ran the Green Hell in the L4 Racer. Goos time :)

That was fun.  I came down to quickly test my ipad button box and teamspeak and saw you guys on there so I stayed for a race.  I have to get my teamspeak settings better, I could barely hear you guys during the race.  must be a lag issue but it seamed whenever Brindle hit a curb, he popped a wheely.  Once he went flying 10 meters in the air.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #294 on: January 02, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »

That was fun.  I came down to quickly test my ipad button box and teamspeak and saw you guys on there so I stayed for a race.  I have to get my teamspeak settings better, I could barely hear you guys during the race.  must be a lag issue but it seamed whenever Brindle hit a curb, he popped a wheely.  Once he went flying 10 meters in the air.

It's a known bug they haven't totally fixed yet. And I think it happens on various cars, not all.  It's only a problem on a few tracks. And although we can see it the driver feels nothing.
( I promise) It is funny looking though.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #295 on: January 04, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »

I have re-installed TeamSpeak, but I have to figure out how to access my old account info.

I see the pCARS lets us configure our wheel inside the game, but it doesn't control button configurations. The first time I used the wheel, it was fine, but something was different today and I had to shift using my thumb's knuckle, not a paddle, so I still need to figure these two things out.

One thing that I noticed with the PC track layouts is that it displays vertical height differently than GT does. It makes more sense than GT, but it will take a while to acclimatise to this.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #296 on: January 04, 2013, 12:08:46 PM »

I have re-installed TeamSpeak, but I have to figure out how to access my old account info.

I see the pCARS lets us configure our wheel inside the game, but it doesn't control button configurations. The first time I used the wheel, it was fine, but something was different today and I had to shift using my thumb's knuckle, not a paddle, so I still need to figure these two things out.

One thing that I noticed with the PC track layouts is that it displays vertical height differently than GT does. It makes more sense than GT, but it will take a while to acclimatise to this.

There is a way to control button configurations in game.  I remember it not being very intuitive but forget where exactly to go. 

I usually have to redo my button settings after everygame update.  Probably because I give it permission to delete my profile.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #297 on: January 04, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »

When you're in the "Controls" menu, there will be an "Edit" button.  This is where you can map buttons to your wheel.

Probably because I give it permission to delete my profile.

This is a good idea every time you install a new version.  It sucks having to re-calibrate and remap your wheel buttons but they recommend doing it anyway.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2013, 01:50:13 PM »

I'm going to set up a pCars room tomorrow (Saturday) at 9pm est.  Name of the lobby will be pTuna with a password of evnet.  Everyone is welcome to join.

Brindle

« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2013, 02:08:38 PM »

I'll be there!  Probably start earlier myself, but will be around for the evening.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 68   Go Up