SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 02:00:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74719 times)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #330 on: January 11, 2013, 08:13:30 PM »

I looked up Shift. There was about an 18-month gap between Shift and Shift 2, so given that they are on their own, no publisher, and taking on a bigger project, I'd guess at about two+ years from when they started.

Does anyone know the inception date?

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #331 on: January 11, 2013, 08:26:57 PM »

I looked up Shift. There was about an 18-month gap between Shift and Shift 2, so given that they are on their own, no publisher, and taking on a bigger project, I'd guess at about two+ years from when they started.

Seems like it started taking off mid  2011. I'm only going off Devs join date  :laugh Too much searching for me. Last I read October 2013 but they wont confirm :-\

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #332 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:25 PM »

I believe the idea was born in Ian Bell's head in late 2010 or early 2011.  He first brought the idea to the public over at NoGrip Racing forums around April 2011.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2013, 01:24:45 AM »

So that means, at the bare minimum, April 2013.
Won't happen.

They are going to need a reasonable amount of time to either find a publisher who will take the project on, or publish it themselves, which eats resources, mainly money for promotion. A year from now looks more reasonable.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2013, 01:37:38 AM »

I believe the idea was born in Ian Bell's head in late 2010 or early 2011.  He first brought the idea to the public over at NoGrip Racing forums around April 2011.
Are you sure? I heard it was during an induced mushroom coma. The ancient elders told him "if you build it they will come" that was June 5st 2011

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #335 on: January 13, 2013, 12:37:42 PM »

Reading their forums is like watching any new group of people trying to feel their way around in the dark with no flashlights.

Some people are confident and willing to work with others, set up races, maybe organised a series, etc.

Others have little confidence, pussyfoot around problems, don't know how to handle problems, don't have a comfortable controller, so they flop around a track, etc.

Some don't want passworded rooms because they are the downfall of civilization, some refuse to recognise the benefits of responsibly using VoIP during racing.

With fewer host controls, some don't know how to deal with crashers and bashers, who they call griefers.

History repeating itself.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2013, 10:40:46 AM »

1991 BMW M3 E30

Expect the car to be driveable in your next build.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2013, 11:35:12 AM »

Not sure if I was allowed to snag that picture or not? So don't tell anyone 

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »

The rear bumper looks askew.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2013, 12:36:16 PM »

Uh oh...

CEASE AND DESIST DEMAND
Pursuant to Title 17 of the United States Code
[1/15/13]

Ballistictuna

Dear Mr. Tuna:
This law firm represents Slightly Mad Studio’s. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.
We are writing to notify you that your unlawful copying of Project C.A.R.S infringes upon our client’s exclusive copyrights.  Accordingly, you are hereby directed to
CEASE AND DESIST ALL COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
           Slightly Mad Studio’s is the owner a copyright in various aspects of Project C.A.R.S.  Under United States copyright law, Slightly Mad Studio’s copyrights have been in effect since the date that Project C.A.R.S. was created.  All copyrightable aspects of Project C.A.R.S. are copyrighted under United States copyright law.
It has come to our attention that you have been copying Slightly Mad Studio’s work.  We have copies of your unlawful copies to preserve as evidence. Your actions constitute copyright infringement in violation of United States copyright laws.  Under 17 U.S.C. 504, the consequences of copyright infringement include statutory damages of between $750 and $30,000 per work, at the discretion of the court, and damages of up to $150,000 per work for willful infringement.  If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement.”
We demand that you immediately (A) cease and desist your unlawful copying of Slightly Mad Studio’s  work and (B) provide us with prompt written assurance within ten (10) days that you will cease and desist from further infringement of Slightly Mad Studio’s copyrighted works.
If you do not comply with this cease and desist demand within this time period, Slightly Mad Studio’s  is entitled to use your failure to comply as evidence of “willful infringement” and seek monetary damages and equitable relief for your copyright infringement. In the event you fail to meet this demand, please be advised that Slightly Mad Studio’s has asked us to communicate to you that it will contemplate pursuing all available legal remedies, including seeking monetary damages, injunctive relief, and an order that you pay court costs and attorney’s fees.  Your liability and exposure under such legal action could be considerable.
Before taking these steps, however, my client wished to give you one opportunity to discontinue your illegal conduct by complying with this demand within ten (10) days.  Accordingly, please sign and return the attached Agreement within ten (10) days.
Robert Villanova
876 Main Street
Topeka, KS  USA

If you or your attorney have any questions, please contact me directly.
Sincerely,

Robert Villanova

Sorry for the formatting, it didn't format correctly when I pasted it here from the pCARS forums.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #340 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44:48 PM »

We have copies of the copies of the copies of your unlawful copies.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2013, 01:27:10 PM »

Uh oh...

CEASE AND DESIST DEMAND
[1/15/13]

Ballistictuna

Dear Mr. Tuna:
This law firm represents Slightly Mad Studio’s. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.
We are writing to notify you that your unlawful copying of Project C.A.R.S infringes upon our client’s exclusive copyrights.  Accordingly, you are hereby directed to
           Slightly Mad Studio’s is the owner a copyright in various aspects of Project C.A.R.S.  Under United States copyright law, Slightly Mad Studio’s copyrights have been in effect since the date that Project C.A.R.S. was created.  All copyrightable aspects of Project C.A.R.S. are copyrighted under United States copyright law.
It has come to our attention that you have been copying Slightly Mad Studio’s work.  We have copies of your unlawful copies to preserve as evidence. Your actions constitute copyright infringement in violation of United States copyright laws.  Under 17 U.S.C. 504, the consequences of copyright infringement include statutory damages of between $750 and $30,000 per work, at the discretion of the court, and damages of up to $150,000 per work for willful infringement.  If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement.”
We demand that you immediately (A) cease and desist your unlawful copying of Slightly Mad Studio’s  work and (B) provide us with prompt written assurance within ten (10) days that you will cease and desist from further infringement of Slightly Mad Studio’s copyrighted works.
If you do not comply with this cease and desist demand within this time period, Slightly Mad Studio’s  is entitled to use your failure to comply as evidence of “willful infringement” and seek monetary damages and equitable relief for your copyright infringement. In the event you fail to meet this demand, please be advised that Slightly Mad Studio’s has asked us to communicate to you that it will contemplate pursuing all available legal remedies, including seeking monetary damages, injunctive relief, and an order that you pay court costs and attorney’s fees.  Your liability and exposure under such legal action could be considerable.
Before taking these steps, however, my client wished to give you one opportunity to discontinue your illegal conduct by complying with this demand within ten (10) days.  Accordingly, please sign and return the attached Agreement within ten (10) days.
Robert Villanova
876 Main Street
Topeka, KS  USA

Sincerely,

Robert Villanova

Sorry for the formatting, it didn't format correctly when I pasted it here from the pCARS forums.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:31:22 PM by MasterGT »

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »

If you are represented by legal counsel, 

Why yes, yes I am.  See below :D

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #343 on: January 15, 2013, 03:08:50 PM »

Uh oh...

CEASE AND DESIST DEMAND
[1/15/13]

Ballistictuna

Dear Mr. Tuna:
Robert Villanova
876 Main Street
Topeka, KS  USA

Sincerely,

Robert Villanova

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #344 on: January 15, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »

The rear bumper looks askew.

Thats wack!  I didnt catch that 
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 68   Go Up