SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 08:09:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74717 times)

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #480 on: May 06, 2013, 03:31:48 PM »

^^^^^^^ Hey don't knock my Mustangs! I want one just like this in Project Cars!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #481 on: May 09, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »

"The new tire swap system is in place now, meaning that the swaps are limited to tires that make sense (we can add more to any car at your request) and tire width is preserved when swapping tires. I think we've got them all working correctly, but it's a pretty big change so do report back if a car is feeling wrong when you pick up the Friday build and we'll look into it."

Casey Ringley, Vehicle Lead.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #482 on: May 09, 2013, 12:47:09 PM »

no need, Fords knock enough on their own.... lol

no worries, I know they are a historic brand of car I just don't care for them personally, and few of them are considered "sports cars" in my book.. but the one you linked certainly is a beasty variety of stang.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #483 on: May 10, 2013, 07:53:11 AM »

This is the Mustang you are looking for:

The only Mustang lifetime that's ever passed my little 140 hp Miata on the track was a Boss 302 driven by a very capable driver (that needs to be specified because I've passed lots of these driven by not very capable drivers, lol).

MX
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #484 on: May 10, 2013, 10:08:25 PM »

Make sure to crank this one up to 720P.

Project CARS Formula A @ Besos (overcast)

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #485 on: May 13, 2013, 07:57:19 AM »

^^^^^^^^^ NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #486 on: May 17, 2013, 01:25:44 PM »

Physics thread (17/05/2013)

"BMW M3 GT4: Repositioned tires to correct track width now that the models have been fixed. This is an extra 8cm front and rear, so it has a fairly significant impact on handling. I also revised the front suspension geometry after looking at the CAD again.

Used this car for testing the brake wear system. I can report that it is all working well when the Full Damage option is turned on. To be honest, it's not something you'll feel on this car until pit stops are added to allow for extremely long sessions. As you get close to the end of their life, though, heat management becomes more difficult and performance diminishes right up to the point that they fail. It's pretty cool. Values are now tuned so that they'll wear out in roughly 8 hours of race-pace driving if you don't abuse them too badly. Run them too hot and that time will drop drastically. We'll need to have an option during pitstops for a brake pad changes. Other cars like the Formula A will probably be a better show of the brake wear as it's just more the nature of those beasts to burn through brakes over a short period.

Also did some work on engine wear. Set the radiator ducting to a nice, standard 0-100% range and balanced all the values around that. It's basically the road car engine in this one, so it's made to last a long long time between rebuilds when treated nicely. It will die quickly, though, if you constantly over-rev on downshifts or let it run too hot. Power loss from overheating doesn't seem to be enabled right now. Will add that to the list."

Casey RINGLEY, Vehicle Lead.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #487 on: June 09, 2013, 01:06:01 AM »

There's quite the lengthy thread going on at the official forums about whether or not to scrap the current gen console versions.  Most folks seem to be in favor of dropping current gen.

I'm not sure how I feel about it really.  Part of me was looking forward to only having to spend $60 to play it.  On the other hand, I want the game to be as best as it can be and current gen is going to hold the game back quite a bit.

I have a feeling I'm going to be buying a PS4 sooner than I originally thought.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #488 on: June 09, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »

There's quite the lengthy thread going on at the official forums about whether or not to scrap the current gen console versions.  Most folks seem to be in favor of dropping current gen.

I'm not sure how I feel about it really.  Part of me was looking forward to only having to spend $60 to play it.  On the other hand, I want the game to be as best as it can be and current gen is going to hold the game back quite a bit.

I'm still not sure what to think of this game.  So far it doesn't scale very well on the pc.  I have a fairly decent system and I have to scale almost everything back to get a decent frame rate.  I hate to think how it would do on current gen consoles.  they've always said that the tire model wouldn't be as complex on consoles but it wouldn't be any less a sim.  I don't get that.  If a less complex tire model is just as good, why doesn't the pc use the less complex one?

I keep hearing about all these neat features that are going to be in the game but I'm not confident that they are going to be implemented properly.  I remember reading one of the developers comments talking about reduced grip levels on wet tracks.  He was talking about reducing the on racing line and off racing line grip factors apparently oblivious that off line would be less affected than on line.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #489 on: June 09, 2013, 10:52:27 PM »

A dev company doesn't just up and change their plan like this. If it happens, I would be very surprised.

As for the accuracy of their tire models, etc., this is one of the reasons that I was skeptical about them releasing this year. If they haven't got major parts of their development settled by now, it can't get released this year. Funny how they are cutting back to make it fit the consoles, but PD is improving tire and suspension models on it.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #490 on: June 10, 2013, 09:29:11 AM »

I keep hearing about all these neat features that are going to be in the game but I'm not confident that they are going to be implemented properly.  I remember reading one of the developers comments talking about reduced grip levels on wet tracks.  He was talking about reducing the on racing line and off racing line grip factors apparently oblivious that off line would be less affected than on line.

Just checking that I understand what you are saying. Wet traction on the racing line should be less than wet traction off the racing line right? The racing line tends to get polished pretty good from cars smoothing out the surface.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #491 on: June 10, 2013, 02:18:46 PM »

Just checking that I understand what you are saying. Wet traction on the racing line should be less than wet traction off the racing line right? The racing line tends to get polished pretty good from cars smoothing out the surface.

Yes.  One of the things that impressed me about GT5s rain was that in the Nurburgring tutorials they talked about driving off-line and even talked about where the rain tends to accumulate on the track.  Whether or not they actually implemented that, I don't know but at least they were aware of it.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #492 on: June 12, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »

I would imagine you'd be ge tting the PC version too?

Maybe GT6 is believed to take too much of the cake on the PS3?  That is, that some will choose between the two and those who don't know how awesome pcars is, will pick the game they recognize the most?

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #493 on: June 12, 2013, 01:05:05 PM »

Yes.  One of the things that impressed me about GT5s rain was that in the Nurburgring tutorials they talked about driving off-line and even talked about where the rain tends to accumulate on the track.  Whether or not they actually implemented that, I don't know but at least they were aware of it.

spots with more rubber deposited and more oil spilt, should always be more slick, right?

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #494 on: June 12, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

spots with more rubber deposited and more oil spilt, should always be more slick, right?

Yes, and what I'm seeing at the track is that the racing line gets polished, as in, the actual surface of asphalt or concrete is worn smooth. Pretty cool when you think about it. Makes for a lot of testing and number crunching when you're trying to find a quick line through a corner. Do you go the shortest path and give up some grip? Or do you swing out more mid corner and try to pick up some of the rougher sections to sink those soft tires into?

The track I go to is divided into two tracks, a 1.7 mile loop and a 1.3 mile loop. The 1.3 is run less often, mostly members only. And so it's widely known that when there is rain, the 1.7 is slicker. It's also older. So more wear.

MX
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 68   Go Up