SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 12:36:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74718 times)

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #555 on: January 01, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »

I don't understand what you mean by not modeling the back of the car? Is it something with the rift only?

I mean the inside rear of the car.  This is more of an issue with the rift especially when shoulder checking.  If they don't model enough of the rear of the car they either have to restrict how far the camera will move when you turn your head, or it will appear that you are driving in half a car.  Restricting camera motion with the Rift is a big no no.  That can lead to motion sickness.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #556 on: January 02, 2014, 08:24:11 AM »

I don't understand what you mean by not modeling the back of the car? Is it something with the rift only?

I mean the inside rear of the car.  This is more of an issue with the rift especially when shoulder checking.  If they don't model enough of the rear of the car they either have to restrict how far the camera will move when you turn your head, or it will appear that you are driving in half a car.  Restricting camera motion with the Rift is a big no no.  That can lead to motion sickness.

I understand now. Thanks.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #557 on: February 16, 2014, 08:59:20 PM »

Updated for the first time in a long time.

It's getting better.  At least some of it.  The Z4 is pretty far along and feels pretty damn good.   FFB is a little weak by default, but could probably be tweaked in the F1 menu.

Here's a lap at Monza, which looks fantastic.  Turn on HD for best viewing experience.

Z4 @ Monza

More videos to come. :)

PeyePete

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Yellowfin Tuna
« Reply #558 on: February 16, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »

Thanks Tuna. That's on my "to buy" list for sure.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #559 on: February 16, 2014, 10:18:47 PM »

No problem Pete.  I enjoy doing it.  :)

Here's another.  This one at Laguna Seca...

Z4 @ Laguna Seca

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #560 on: February 16, 2014, 10:19:53 PM »

And another at the (somewhat) newly released Brands Hatch.   I'm fairly certain this is one of the laser scanned tracks.

Z4 @ Brands Hatch

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #561 on: February 17, 2014, 11:05:03 AM »

Couple more...

this one with a few AI, which still needs a lot of work.

Hockenheim with AI

And the last one for now is a night lap at Suzuka...

Suzuka at night

Sorry for the over abundance of Z4, but it's my favorite race car IRL and it's also one of the more "finished" cars in the game.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #562 on: February 17, 2014, 11:24:41 AM »

They could do a shortcut like GT has, and provide an all black rear-view of the interiors.  Actually, now that I ponder it, that sounds like a really passable solution.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #563 on: February 17, 2014, 11:33:13 AM »

And another at the (somewhat) newly released Brands Hatch.   I'm fairly certain this is one of the laser scanned tracks.

:stoopid:  That track definitely looks like its dimensions are exactly the same as GT6's track, which I think we can assume from various statements etc. was laser scanned (among other tech).

Monza, on the other hand, has a lot of turns that don't seem exactly the same as GT's, so maybe that one isn't scanned?  IDK.

It would be really nice not to have to adjust too much of one's turn-in technique when going from game to game, as some of us will eventually switch back and forth between these two major titles.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #564 on: February 17, 2014, 01:15:38 PM »

They could do a shortcut like GT has, and provide an all black rear-view of the interiors.  Actually, now that I ponder it, that sounds like a really passable solution.

No, that won't work for the rift.

Speaking of the rift, when I start up pcars, I get a huge Oculus logo showing up but I can't get the rift to work.  Anyone know how to get it working?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #565 on: February 17, 2014, 01:40:39 PM »

Speaking of the rift, when I start up pcars, I get a huge Oculus logo showing up but I can't get the rift to work.  Anyone know how to get it working?

No support yet. 

I saw that logo as well.... perhaps they're just a sponsor of some sort at this point in time?   Seems kinda lame to put that logo there and offer no support for the device yet though.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #566 on: February 17, 2014, 02:12:04 PM »

No support yet. 

I saw that logo as well.... perhaps they're just a sponsor of some sort at this point in time?   Seems kinda lame to put that logo there and offer no support for the device yet though.

That's really lame.  iRacing had the rift working within a week or two after getting their devkit and released native support in the following build.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #567 on: February 17, 2014, 02:16:44 PM »

No, that won't work for the rift.

Why not  :-\

Seems like they could render a black rear view for each car, and it would be there to display to the rift when needed.  It would just require more development work to get the rift going in a way that would avoid that "null rear interior" dilemma.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #568 on: February 17, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »

I know nothing about this game you're talking about, but it sounds a lot better than any of the GT games.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #569 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »

it may not have the massive amount of cars as GT games, but in the end hopefully it will be put together better.  That's my hope.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 68   Go Up