SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 02:39:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74720 times)

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #570 on: February 17, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »

I know nothing about this game you're talking about, but it sounds a lot better than any of the GT games.
Its one of those games that will be released "soon"    will be for PS4, Exbox1 and PC and almost forgot. The WIU. again 

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #571 on: February 17, 2014, 03:22:51 PM »

They could do a shortcut like GT has, and provide an all black rear-view of the interiors.  Actually, now that I ponder it, that sounds like a really passable solution.

No, that won't work for the rift.

Why not  :-\

Seems like they could render a black rear view for each car, and it would be there to display to the rift when needed.  It would just require more development work to get the rift going in a way that would avoid that "null rear interior" dilemma.

First the GT black interiors are 2d.  That wouldn't work since the rift is 3d.  Second, imagine what you see when you turn your head to shoulder check on the right.  First you are looking out the front window then transition to the side, then transition to the rear side where you will also see things like the rear-seat, window pillars etc.  How would you transition the full 3d model into the black model to make it seamless.  I can't think of anyway to do that that would work.  Most would be jarring and a lot more work than it is worth.  The most likely solution will be to not allow people to turn their heads far enough to see out the back of the car.  I hope this is far enough back to be useful otherwise it is a recipe for motion sickness if you are physically turning your head in the real world but the game world in the rift appears to be moving with you. 

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #572 on: February 17, 2014, 03:24:25 PM »

I know nothing about this game you're talking about, but it sounds a lot better than any of the GT games.
Its one of those games that will be released "soon"    will be for PS4, Exbox1 and PC and almost forgot. The WIU. again 

It was supposed to be a 2013 release and have xbox360 and ps3 versions.

RickS95

• The Bored of Directors
  • Bigeye Tuna
« Reply #573 on: February 17, 2014, 04:39:10 PM »

Not only does it sound good, but the cars sound much better.  Let me know when it comes out.  Not sure I'm willing to pay for a PS4 just to race cars, but if the game is better than GT, who knows.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #574 on: February 18, 2014, 12:26:16 PM »

This is the last thing I seen.

Project CARS will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, PC, and Wii U starting Fall 2014

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #575 on: February 18, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »

This is the last thing I seen.

Project CARS will be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, PC, and Wii U starting Fall 2014

sounds like PD has a few months to finish their already released game then.  otherwise, they may hear the giant sucking sound that Ross Perot spoke about (and happened to be right :D)

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #576 on: February 25, 2014, 12:50:16 PM »

Projected release date is November 14th, so it looks as if a few PS4 pre-Christmas sales will be made after all.

No released date on GT7 Prologue, but that is also rumoured for this year.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #577 on: February 25, 2014, 06:28:53 PM »

Projected release date is November 14th, so it looks as if a few PS4 pre-Christmas sales will be made after all.

No released date on GT7 Prologue, but that is also rumoured for this year.

Wait, what???  A GT7 PROLOGUE?  Not even a year from GT6?  Now I see the way in which I have been bent over.  Geez. ::)

November 14th is gonna be a mighty fine day!  If P.C. is all that it looks like it's gonna be, then goodbye PD!

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #578 on: February 25, 2014, 10:56:33 PM »

I'm going to have to hurry up and finish GT6 because it is going to be really tough taking the Project CARS disc out of the console.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #579 on: February 26, 2014, 08:37:41 AM »

if nothing else, a lot of purchases for pCARS will finally light a fire under PD's underpants.

sometimes sales is all businessmen care about... let's give 'em some numbers to look at in some pie charts!!

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #580 on: February 26, 2014, 09:09:10 AM »

if nothing else, a lot of purchases for pCARS will finally light a fire under PD's underpants.

sometimes sales is all businessmen care about... let's give 'em some numbers to look at in some pie charts!!

The problem is though, it seems PD is oblivious to whats going on around them. That game(GT6) is turning a lot of people off right now, and I don't think PD has any idea how bad they're screwing up.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #581 on: February 26, 2014, 09:31:08 AM »

The problem is though, it seems PD is oblivious to whats going on around them. That game(GT6) is turning a lot of people off right now, and I don't think PD has any idea how bad they're screwing up.

That's exactly my point.  When their analysts put a pie chart in front of them that says their asses are getting kicked by a crowd-sourced game, I think their going to shit themselves.  If they don't correct the GT6 problems soon (not kaz "soon") then our best option is to vote with our dollars.

Or rather, when the SONY execs see the pie chart, they're going to have some hard questions for their PD staff on the next conference call ;)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #582 on: February 26, 2014, 05:26:42 PM »

anyone else feel like a rat waiting for somewhere to jump??? 
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

GrumpyTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #583 on: February 27, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »

Hey soks, are you getting that sinking feeling?

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #584 on: March 10, 2014, 05:55:04 PM »

Hey soks, are you getting that sinking feeling?

ya, and given that ps4s are 650bucks here, a gaming computer with a solid game is a viable choice for me. Pcars and AC are appealing to me. Will wait a bit to see though
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 68   Go Up