SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 05:54:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

On Tuesday Nights join TheHotstepper for "Tuneless Tuesdays" (TuTu for short)

Thursday Night is "A Touch of Class" night; sponsored by Feldynn...

Check out the Career in a Year Friday nights 9pm eastern

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74716 times)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2014, 08:54:42 AM »

My concern is that we are trading one set of issues for another set of issues. This is version one of their software. I don't expect that to go smoothly. I just tried iRacing again this weekend. Oh my God, how fucking awful is that piece of shit? Holy crap. The MX5 is completely un-drivable in that game. Someone in the forums actually recommended using 40% throttle to keep it from spinning. 40% throttle? Those cars have a 124 whp!!!!!!!! They are using a NASCAR sim to simulate an MX5. Holy F. Idiots.

My hope is that the other titles puts pressure for GT to finally fix itself. Geez. Please. I just want one thing ... spec racing. Is that so hard? If pCars gives us that ... then yeah, that will be my game. But I doubt they will. And tracks!!!! With Google data, how hard is it to create tracks these days? Who the f needs a laser scanned track? Ok, maybe for a premium. But get all the tracks out there. All of them. Then worry about creating premium content. For Christ's sake.

/rant
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2014, 04:16:02 PM »

My concern is that we are trading one set of issues for another set of issues. This is version one of their software. I don't expect that to go smoothly. I just tried iRacing again this weekend. Oh my God, how fucking awful is that piece of shit? Holy crap. The MX5 is completely un-drivable in that game. Someone in the forums actually recommended using 40% throttle to keep it from spinning. 40% throttle? Those cars have a 124 whp!!!!!!!! They are using a NASCAR sim to simulate an MX5. Holy F. Idiots.

My hope is that the other titles puts pressure for GT to finally fix itself. Geez. Please. I just want one thing ... spec racing. Is that so hard? If pCars gives us that ... then yeah, that will be my game. But I doubt they will. And tracks!!!! With Google data, how hard is it to create tracks these days? Who the f needs a laser scanned track? Ok, maybe for a premium. But get all the tracks out there. All of them. Then worry about creating premium content. For Christ's sake.

/rant

:facepalm

So are we supposed to believe you or someone who actually has driven and raced the Cup car like MacKenzie Korince?  The added hyperbole doesn't help your argument.  I don't understand your problem with the car.  It's not perfect but it is a blast to drive and isn't all that difficult.  Remember it is the Cup car with 170 horsepower and a suspension set up to be a lot looser than your car.  In my opinion iRacing NTMv5 is right up there with rF2 and AC as the best tire models out there.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #587 on: March 12, 2014, 10:16:21 AM »

Ok, I will admit, I forgot they are Cup cars and not Spec Miatas. So my bad. Face palm accepted.

However, after checking a few facts ... guess what. It's MY G-D car!!! The only difference between my car and a Cup car is that the Cup car is allowed to use racing mf tires. I'm using street tires. (well, and one other notable difference, the roll cage and lack of a heavy ass hard top which raises my COG.)

So, in review, I drive an MX5 cup car (close enough) to work every single day and on the weekends on the track. I have video, posted here, of me flogging the hell out of it with throttle buried to the floor without spinning. I am glad that you find it easy to drive. To me it drives nothing like the car I drive. It's a completely foreign animal. And I will say, that if you take the stock NC in GT6 (not the GT6 MX5 Cup car), bolt on a racing suspension, put on sports soft tires ... the car drives as I would expect it to. You can tune it and it behaves exactly like my car does. The GT6 MX5 Cup car takes that a step further (although, there is something off about it, can't put my finger on it). 

So no, I have not ridden or raced in a completely spec'd MX5 Cup car. However I am following a build over on TrackJunkies .org by the CJ Wilson Racing team. I know what goes into one. You can also read more about it here:

http://www.mx-5cup.com/2012/inside/index.php#car

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #588 on: March 12, 2014, 10:26:49 PM »

Ok, I will admit, I forgot they are Cup cars and not Spec Miatas. So my bad. Face palm accepted.

However, after checking a few facts ... guess what. It's MY G-D car!!! The only difference between my car and a Cup car is that the Cup car is allowed to use racing mf tires. I'm using street tires. (well, and one other notable difference, the roll cage and lack of a heavy ass hard top which raises my COG.)

So, in review, I drive an MX5 cup car (close enough) to work every single day and on the weekends on the track. I have video, posted here, of me flogging the hell out of it with throttle buried to the floor without spinning. I am glad that you find it easy to drive. To me it drives nothing like the car I drive. It's a completely foreign animal. And I will say, that if you take the stock NC in GT6 (not the GT6 MX5 Cup car), bolt on a racing suspension, put on sports soft tires ... the car drives as I would expect it to. You can tune it and it behaves exactly like my car does. The GT6 MX5 Cup car takes that a step further (although, there is something off about it, can't put my finger on it). 

So no, I have not ridden or raced in a completely spec'd MX5 Cup car. However I am following a build over on TrackJunkies .org by the CJ Wilson Racing team. I know what goes into one. You can also read more about it here:

http://www.mx-5cup.com/2012/inside/index.php#car

Mackenzie Korince said
Now that I've played with the new tires some more, I've changed my mind, I love the new tires. The consistency is awesome, they behave more like a real tire (not perfect but an improvement for sure) and the MX-5 Cup drives so much closer to it's real life counterpart and I'm sure Chris Beaufait can back me up on that.
Mackenzie Korince said
Nice racing you guys last night, I love the new tire model on all 3 cars, it feels so much more realistic and as a result i'm running some really consistent times. I drive an MX-5 Cup for real and I have to say they're inching closer and closer, it's not perfect yet but it's miles better than it was before the latest build.

I'm sorry but I'm getting tired of people saying that game A is total shit or that game B is simcade.  If I listened to all of you, I wouldn't have a game to play.  Every sim these days has it's pros and cons.  iRacing has the best tracks in simracing by a wide margin, the best online matching bar none, the best netcode in the business all with very good physics and graphical performance.  To say "Oh my God, how fucking awful is that piece of shit?" deserves more than a single facepalm.  sorry.  As for your car, if you are mashing the throttle while tossing the car around, I'd bet that you didn't have the car at the limit before you mashed the throttle.  If you are spinning in iRAcing, you've gone over the limit.  Every sim has different cues to figure out when you are at the limit.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #589 on: March 13, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »

This isn't an iRacing thread, but I'll just say, play what you want to play. My point in bitching about the physics is that I want it fixed.

I would agree with this statement:

I drive an MX-5 Cup for real and I have to say they're inching closer and closer, it's not perfect yet but it's miles better than it was before the latest build.

It is inching along. It's not perfect. It is probably better than the latest build. To me, GT still feels closer. And this is bad because iRacing has the kind of racing I want to do, spec racing with spec racing cars. But it will never get fixed if we continue to tell them it ain't broke. It's broke. I'm happy for you that you've found a driving sim you like and enjoy. I'm not saying this to detract from your fun and diminish your experience in any way. I'm saying it because I find it unplayable. I'm quite happy with the realism of the MX5s in GT6. If they improve their racing sim side of things a bit to allow races like the MX5 Cup in iRacing to occur, great. That's the direction I'll go. If iRacing can fix the physics of their MX5s in their game, great that's the way I'll go. But right now I'm stuck in the middle. So I bitch about the "realism" in iRacing and I bitch about the lack of online racing features I want in GT. Either I will be eternally unhappy, or one of the two will move an inch and all will be well.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #590 on: March 13, 2014, 12:47:41 PM »

sorta unrelated... maybe what GT6 needs is someone to run a solid spec MX-5 race series? (not saying no one's done this, I'm just talking about now)  I'm just saying, when people have good ideas and promote it, things can usually turn out okay if not awesome.  GT6 with all of its flaws has the player base right now.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #591 on: March 13, 2014, 09:00:53 PM »

It is inching along. It's not perfect. It is probably better than the latest build. To me, GT still feels closer. And this is bad because iRacing has the kind of racing I want to do, spec racing with spec racing cars. But it will never get fixed if we continue to tell them it ain't broke. It's broke. I'm happy for you that you've found a driving sim you like and enjoy. I'm not saying this to detract from your fun and diminish your experience in any way. I'm saying it because I find it unplayable. I'm quite happy with the realism of the MX5s in GT6. If they improve their racing sim side of things a bit to allow races like the MX5 Cup in iRacing to occur, great. That's the direction I'll go. If iRacing can fix the physics of their MX5s in their game, great that's the way I'll go. But right now I'm stuck in the middle. So I bitch about the "realism" in iRacing and I bitch about the lack of online racing features I want in GT. Either I will be eternally unhappy, or one of the two will move an inch and all will be well.

Ok, I just stopped by to say ... I'm an idiot. After some very kind and patient folks on the iRacing forums gave me a few setup suggestions to help me detect the actual slip angle of the car, I was then better able to detect when a tank slapper was about to happen. I did 50 laps of practice tonight and did my first race since going back and it was pretty fun. After all my bitching about the oversteer issues, now that I'm setup properly I'm finding that the fixed setup actually understeers like mad. LOL. Geez, I'm an idiot. Anyways, I'm learning that iRacing wants you to straight line brake and turn in to load the front of the car. Then if you've bled enough speed, the car will rotate and you can roll on the throttle in a way that is consistent with my car. Before I just could not tell how much slip I had so I would spin ever couple of corners and it was frustrating. Ok, enough said. I'm an idiot. You can quote me.

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #592 on: March 13, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »

sorta unrelated... maybe what GT6 needs is someone to run a solid spec MX-5 race series? (not saying no one's done this, I'm just talking about now)  I'm just saying, when people have good ideas and promote it, things can usually turn out okay if not awesome.  GT6 with all of its flaws has the player base right now.

The GTPlanet guys did one and it was a lot of fun. Some of those guys are crazy fast. I ended up somewhere in the middle. I've asked if they are going to do another and they are working on some other series right now. But to me, the Miata series they did was the most spectacular series possible in GT6 for a number of reasons. Yeah, I'm biased because I love the car. But it's the only car in the game with customizable liveries. The photos of all the cars decked out in racing trim were really cool. And the whole vibe ... it was as close as you can get in GT6 to iRacing. Anyways, I was going to do one for a long time. But several things have happened that prevent that from happening these days. Ever since my kid moved in with me, I just can't predict when I'm going to have free time.

So, in summary, GT does do some things right. People call it a console sim and the physics is dumbed down a bit. But for me it matches what I would expect given the lack of any physical queues of what the car is doing. I've never really had trouble figuring out how close to the limit I was in this game. There's some genius to that.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #593 on: March 17, 2014, 08:29:10 AM »

the the "buy-in" option closed for pCARS, is there any way to get ahold of the alpha releases that are out there?

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #594 on: March 17, 2014, 12:32:06 PM »

the the "buy-in" option closed for pCARS, is there any way to get ahold of the alpha releases that are out there?
Keep an eye out because I thought they said it would open back up for the next gen consoles. Obviously useless unless you own a Xbox One or PS4. I will see what I can find out.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #595 on: March 17, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »

Keep an eye out because I thought they said it would open back up for the next gen consoles. Obviously useless unless you own a Xbox One or PS4. I will see what I can find out.

Thanks.  Specifically, I'd be interested in the PC version.  I may not get a PS4 or Xbone.... time will tell

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #596 on: March 17, 2014, 01:37:33 PM »

Thanks.  Specifically, I'd be interested in the PC version.  I may not get a PS4 or Xbone.... time will tell
That was closed a long time ago. Just going to have to wait till fall I reckon :-\

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #597 on: March 18, 2014, 09:30:14 AM »

That was closed a long time ago. Just going to have to wait till fall I reckon :-\

Yeah, that sucks for me.  I should have purchased months ago when it was open, in anticipation of having a better PC later.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #598 on: March 18, 2014, 11:08:54 AM »

Audi In Project CARS

2012 Audi A1 quattro
 2013 Audi R8 V10 Plus
 2002 Audi R8 LMP900
 2011 Audi R18 TDI LMP1
 2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro
 2013 Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
 1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #599 on: March 18, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »

1989 Audi 90 IMSA GTO

I have a feeling I'm going to like this car.....

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 68   Go Up