• May 06, 2024, 04:59:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to our new HOME!!!

These ARE the TUNAs you seek...

CHECK OUT our site, BECOME a member, JOIN our "EVNETS", and RACE with us...

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74716 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #630 on: May 09, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »

how are the physics coming along?

They seem to get better every time I load this game up.  Which isn't very often anymore.

Depends on the car too.  Some are a lot farther along than others.

I believe the tire model is going to be very impressive.

Also, their success on the ps4 version may split us up on different platforms... any idea if it's even possible for them to set up servers that both the PS4 and PC could connect to same races?

I suppose it might be technically possible, but not attractive for SONY to allow it.

Anything is possible but I'd be very surprised to see this happen.   

There's a good chance I'll buy it for both PC & PS4.   PC for when I want to race in a more serious manner and PS4 for more of a laid back vibe.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #631 on: May 09, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »

I guess it depends on the game and who makes it whether SONY will agree.

http://ps4daily.com/2013/07/playstation-4-supports-cross-platform-play-with-pc/

I don't know the game or even if it is out yet, since this was from nearly a year ago.

I want to know what PS4 compromises there will be, since it is unlikely to do everything the PC version can. There was talk of tire model differences, earlier.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:15:11 PM by MasterGT »

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #632 on: May 09, 2014, 06:27:18 PM »

The different tire model talk was back when it was slated for last gen consoles.  Now that it's coming out for the new gen, it'll be the same tire model across all platforms.

The 2 biggest compromises will probably be graphics/AA & less cars on track at one time.

JoshTuna

• Atlantic Bluefin Tuna
  • STGT'S resident DRIFTER
« Reply #633 on: May 11, 2014, 06:24:47 AM »

keep the racing HARD,FAST and CLEAN never hold back and always give it your best shot

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #634 on: May 11, 2014, 10:39:32 AM »

The different tire model talk was back when it was slated for last gen consoles.  Now that it's coming out for the new gen, it'll be the same tire model across all platforms.

The 2 biggest compromises will probably be graphics/AA & less cars on track at one time.

I have yet to understand this one completely. Is there an on-line number yet?

Thanks for the update.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #635 on: May 11, 2014, 12:13:36 PM »

I have yet to understand this one completely.

Somewhat guessing here but I assume it's most likely due to the fact that on PC, you can turn your graphics settings down to a level that can handle many more cars on track at once.

Edited to add:  Forgot to mention that on most PC games I've played, you can set the amount of cars you can "see".  Meaning that even if there are 64 cars on track, you can set it so that you'll only see, for example, 24 of them at once.  This works great because it'll save on system resources, and really how many cars to you need to see at once anyway?

Plus you'd only ever see that many at the start of the race.  After a lap or so, you'd most likely never be around more than 20 cars or so anyway.

If they lowered graphics on consoles to that level needed, everyone would scream how shitty the game is.

For online, it's most likely the same deal.  Plus dedicated servers.  Lots of leagues rent 100mbps servers from sites like Gameservers.com, which allow for a significant amount of players.  If everyone in the room lowers their game settings a bit, and they have that amount of bandwidth on the server, I can see how that could work.

Is there an on-line number yet?

I think they're shooting for 64 on PC.  That's for both offline & online.

Nothing official that I've seen for consoles yet.

This is another reason I'll likely get both PC and PS4 versions.  Mixed class racing at Green Hell with 64 players is something I've been waiting for for a long, long time. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:21:17 PM by TunaWiz »

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #636 on: May 11, 2014, 11:53:37 PM »

Hmmm, interesting. I always looked to the network as being the limiter.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #637 on: May 12, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »

Honestly 64 is overkill the only times you see fields like that in big time racing is for the 12 plus hours endurance events isn't it? And on some tracks I would think 64 would feel like you never were away from anyone for more than a turn or two. 25-40 would make sense to me. Just throwing out some personal thoughts.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #638 on: May 13, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »

64? I have trouble enough trying to fill a lobby of 16.   ::)

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #639 on: May 13, 2014, 06:13:14 PM »

I hear that GT. But I would like to see a game give us one AI driver for every live driver. Of course this could be an option and maybe only available up to a certain number. Even given the AI's limited skills they would be field filler much like rich guys who buy their rides in sports car events. But imagine instead a room with 9 cars on track 18 out there and it starts to really sound good.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #640 on: May 13, 2014, 06:30:55 PM »

We could add AI to online with Race 07.  Rek, brindle and myself would hop online, add about 20 AI, and have a blast.  I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall SMS saying that we would be able to add AI to online races in pCARS.  I tried to find the thread just now to check, but couldn't find it.  I'll look again some more later as now I'm curious.

It's definitely a neat feature.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
« Reply #641 on: May 13, 2014, 09:21:49 PM »

I hear that GT. But I would like to see a game give us one AI driver for every live driver. Of course this could be an option and maybe only available up to a certain number. Even given the AI's limited skills they would be field filler much like rich guys who buy their rides in sports car events. But imagine instead a room with 9 cars on track 18 out there and it starts to really sound good.

This would be an amazing feature. I hope we are able to do that.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #642 on: May 13, 2014, 09:51:22 PM »

Maybe one day the powers that be at some software company is going to recognize the untapped wealth of quality ideas for features, potential for beta testing and overall direction guidance we have at our little pond here.  :D

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #643 on: May 13, 2014, 10:00:10 PM »

Can't you add AI in GSCE and rF2?

I've been in two online races with grids of 43 cars both at DRC.  Both races had at least 10 splits so at least 430 cars total.  Even on DRC, 43 cars never felt like too many cars.  It can be frustrating when someone takes you out but that happens in real life too.  I'd love to do a long race at the Nurburgring 24h course with weather changes, day/night changes and a large grid.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #644 on: May 13, 2014, 10:31:27 PM »

Rek, brindle and myself would hop online, add about 20 AI, and have a blast.

That only works if the AI is good enough to actually complete with you.  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 68   Go Up