SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 12:56:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74718 times)

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #675 on: June 25, 2014, 08:02:42 PM »

The work involved in creating and maintaining a PC is a daunting task to those of us who are technically challenged.

If Rek can do it, anyone can. 

(sorry Rek)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #676 on: June 25, 2014, 10:06:59 PM »

The work involved in creating and maintaining a PC is a daunting task to those of us who are technically challenged.

You hit that nail with a big hammer! I'm one of the us! Good post Baked.

:stoopid: :stoopid:
oops did i just push the wrong button?
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #677 on: June 25, 2014, 10:40:21 PM »

(sorry Rek)

it does not sound very easy for him and others at times but maybe I am off base and just letting my own anxieties color my point of view
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:13:43 PM by BakedTuna »

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #678 on: June 26, 2014, 09:02:22 AM »

I personally wouldn't have purchased a new PC if I didn't really need one for many reasons.  IMO PC's should not be built just for gaming, but for everything you might need to do.  If it then only costs a little more to make it an awesome gaming build, I say go for it.

From the looks of GT6's future now, which is starting to look a lot brighter, I'm not so sure we'll need to go out and buy PS4's to enjoy a great console game for a while.

I still say end of 2015 as a good date for seeing a GT7 Prologue and that GT6 will see a lot of support until then.

In that POV, it seems unlikely that I would buy a PS4 just to play PCARS and not much else.  If I can get PCARS on PC and it costs me very little and I can still play PS3 with my GT friends, why would I?

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #679 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:17 AM »

Poll: Which platform will you use?

http://strawpoll.me/1975782/

I'm confused.   How do you vote?

Sorry, I posted the link after voting. Just remove the "r" at the end and the link works properly.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #680 on: June 27, 2014, 07:14:55 AM »

Poll: Which platform will you use?

http://strawpoll.me/1975782/

I'm confused.   How do you vote?

Sorry, I posted the link after voting. Just remove the "r" at the end and the link works properly.

Thanks, that worked.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #681 on: June 27, 2014, 09:08:16 AM »

(sorry Rek)

it does not sound very easy for him and others at times but maybe I am off base and just letting my own anxieties color my point of view

Your not.

Wizard is being a smart ass again. I will never delete my team viewer program. If you also have a good friend with T.V. ( and you do) running a gaming PC is a breeze. The cost is outrageous though. My first purchase was around $650.00 I then had to quickly upgrade the video card. Another $250.00 and that was at the time just a upper level mid range card. I will say Baked for a serious sim racer, I consider you one. You cant go wrong taking the PC route as far as gaming quality and what you can do with your cars and race setup is far beyond the PS3 console.  Racing sims on the PS4 is still up in the air. Who know what options will be available? I don't.

Brindle

« Reply #682 on: July 06, 2014, 09:00:46 AM »

Well, looks like things are coming along immensely!  I haven't played in about two weeks and wow, did I miss a lot.  Looks like they are now in the final stages of setting up the menus, career, online, community, etc.  They have cleaned them up very, very nicely.  It has become much easier to navigate and read stuff.

The options available right now are amazing!  You can control so much for a race weekend, down to the number and lengths of practice, qualifying, warm up and number of main evnet races.  There's even a cool monitor function while in the pits, that gives some timing info about all other drivers in the room.  

Now I know they have no options specific for triple screens, but I must say it looks and feels much, much better than I can get/find in AC.  I didn't even have to change from the default FOV, only had to move the seat around a tad, to get a good in car perspective.  I drove around Le Mans with REK yesterday in an LMP2 car.  OMFG!!!!!  I never felt more like I was in the actual car, doing the actual racing.  The tire model felt spectacular as well.  The slip curves are much more like I would expect than is found in the GT series.  The lift off oversteer of the mid-rear LMP was very predictable and would never bite you unless you almost locked up the fronts, while turning very hard.  During one of the laps, (was trying to put up a good time) I literally forgot I was at home, in a room, on a virtual driving game.  It felt that real to me.  

I believe this will be my game of choice, over all the others.  Originally, I wasn't very thrilled with the menu/navigation system, which is why I was racing other games as well, but now my opinion has changed in favor of PCARS.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #683 on: July 06, 2014, 09:16:08 AM »

and your operating system o choice will be the tower and not a console most likely? one of the niceties of the console is the common server space do towers operate the same way? probably does not matter anyhow as I will not be able to update any of my major components for a long time. 

Brindle

« Reply #684 on: July 06, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »

Some do, some don't.  PCARS has a common server, as in you go to online, set up the room, password if necessary, then click "create room" and off you go.

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #685 on: July 06, 2014, 09:50:09 AM »

Have you found the triple screen settings in AC?  They are kind of hidden.  sorry for the triple screen rant but unless the game accounts for monitor distance and angle you just can't get triple screen to look correct.  The straighter your monitors are setup and the further away they are the less of an issue this will be.  I've been spoiled with iRacing's setup.  Once you get used to having them setup correctly, you start using them to look into corners.  Once you start doing that, distortion becomes obvious.  Not that it matters for me, my triple screens haven't been setup on my rig for ages and I just don't have the time these days for sim racing.  I probably have 10hours of seat time over the last four months.  Thanks for the update on PCars.

Brindle

« Reply #686 on: July 06, 2014, 10:25:19 AM »

Oh god have I messed with the triple screen app, distances, angles, screen size and even the .ini camera files.  I've got a pretty decent FOV going right now in AC, but it's just not as good for me as PCARS.  The biggest issue is the difference between side and center screens.  AC is hard for me to get a good combo (can make you dizzy too if wrong).  Center screen feels good, sides become too fast.  Center too fast, sides too slow.  PCARS seems to set the sides properly with the center screen, no matter the FOV chosen.

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #687 on: July 07, 2014, 04:40:37 PM »

PC wise I just dont know if mine is going to handle it :-\ and i dont have a PS4 either. Seriously i just dont see myself upgrading to bigger and better GPU. I think I would need to upgrade CPU also. They keep saying optimization is still ongoing. As to what level I have no idea :-\ as of right now myself and 10 AI runs OK. brindle cranked that up to I think 16 or 24 and all hell broke loose. cars flipping current position was all wacky and shit. It all could have been on my end and the lack of proper hardware? At one point I was maintaining a solid 60 fps with things set on high. Not anymore. Reckon i will delete the graphics config shit and start over with lower settings. Now I went and fucked with my TV settings and have all kinds of fucked up. I get a copy of the game with my current full member level. It comes out in November and I have no idea what platform I will go with. After reading bakedtuna's post again I cant help but wonder if PS4 is the way to go. I must have $900.00 in my PC and it looks to be under powered right now. I guess I am getting tired of trying to match hardware with power hungry video games. On top of that I had to replace the power supply awhile back. More money! >:(

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #688 on: July 07, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »

So being my typical asshole self, I gave Rek some shit via text about his issues.  I figured there were some settings in his graphics config giving him the low FPS he was experiencing.

I was wrong.

This game needs optimization badly.  This isn't really a complaint, because I'm certain it's coming, but right now it seems pretty bad.  They appear to be adding a bunch of new assets/textures right now to their tracks, which isn't helping.  

My FPS wasn't great either.

Brindle, what are you getting on your triples?  With what graphics settings?  Thanks.

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #689 on: July 07, 2014, 08:57:18 PM »

Oh great in the last 24 hours I had been reconsidering and thinking tower over PS4 this fall. Now I am re thinking my reconsiderations
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 68   Go Up