SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 07:31:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74717 times)

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #705 on: July 08, 2014, 10:29:25 PM »

Wiz.,   I hope it wasn't the comments that I made that made you decide not to post.  :-[. I just know my future.

I would still love to hear/read the pros and cons list.

Who knows, with my daughter eating up the computer time and my wife going back for her masters degree online, I may have to bite the bullet and get a second computer anyway. 

GoesTuna11

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #706 on: July 09, 2014, 08:45:55 AM »

One of my issues with project cars has always been how badly it performs.  It has always been very stuttery for me with triple screens even more than you would expect at the fps that I was getting.  Things are much better now that I only have one screen hooked up but I haven't had time to test it extensively.  It really makes me wonder how it will perform with the oculus rift which needs to have two scenes rendered at once and is very stutter and framerate sensitive.

One of the big issues with going PC is that there just is so much choice.  It's difficult to wade through all of that choice to pick what to buy.  It takes a fair bit of effort while a ps4 is plug and play.  If you don't mind paying a premium, I'd recommend going with www.mainperformancepc.com.  Michael Main appears to be a good guy and is pretty active on the iRacing board.  I'd also recommend going with an Nvidia graphics card.  AMD cards work great with iRacing but not nearly as good for pcars and rF2.  Maybe we should put together a couple of recommended Tuna builds that people can pick if they want a pc but don't want to bother choosing components and don't want to pay a premium for a Michael Main PC.

I'd love to get a PS4 but I just don't have the money these days, nor do I have the time to play it.

Brindle

« Reply #707 on: July 09, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »

PC wise I just dont know if mine is going to handle it :-\ and i dont have a PS4 either. Seriously i just dont see myself upgrading to bigger and better GPU. I think I would need to upgrade CPU also. They keep saying optimization is still ongoing. As to what level I have no idea :-\ as of right now myself and 10 AI runs OK. brindle cranked that up to I think 16 or 24 and all hell broke loose. cars flipping current position was all wacky and shit. It all could have been on my end and the lack of proper hardware? At one point I was maintaining a solid 60 fps with things set on high. Not anymore. Reckon i will delete the graphics config shit and start over with lower settings. Now I went and fucked with my TV settings and have all kinds of fucked up. I get a copy of the game with my current full member level. It comes out in November and I have no idea what platform I will go with. After reading bakedtuna's post again I cant help but wonder if PS4 is the way to go. I must have $900.00 in my PC and it looks to be under powered right now. I guess I am getting tired of trying to match hardware with power hungry video games. On top of that I had to replace the power supply awhile back. More money! >:(

It's not you REK.  They DO need to optimize the game.  With three screens, I have always run medium visual settings and get 55-70 fps in cockpit and 75-100 in bumper.  Now, I am running even lower on the visuals (still looks great) and getting 40-55 in cockpit, 65-80 in bumper.  The tracks I ran recently have a lot more detail now than before, so I attribute that to the reason.  I have not ever noticed any stuttering though.  Unless my fps goes below 30, (which it doesn't unless I up the visuals a lot) the rendering looks perfect for me.

Oh and sorry for the large amount of AI REK.  Had I known that was what you meant, I would have turned them off.

AgentWD40_FL

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #708 on: July 09, 2014, 03:02:52 PM »

In addition to the pros/cons info .... once people decide what platform they will go with, they should post their intentions. Theres no doubt going to be a PC crowd, and I expect some form of PS4 crowd.

I would definitely be in the PS4 crowd ... I've been the gaming-PC-route before, sold it all and bought a PS3.  I wont go back to that kind of expense, just to be outdated in a few short weeks. It gets tiring and very expensive.

Come November, If I'm still the only one interested in PS4 PCars ... well, I can save a few hundred dollars and stick with PS3 and scrap my intentions for PCars.  8)

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #709 on: July 09, 2014, 04:29:05 PM »

Since I already have an ok gaming PC and not a PS4 the obvious choice for me would be the PC version, depending on prices and more info on if legacy wheels will / won't be compatible with PS4 games (last I heard it was largely in the hands of the game devs for the most part?) I may or may not get one since there really isn't much on the console that interests me beyond Gran Turismo now.  But on the other hand I would like to get one for when GT7 happens down the road, so if I my wheel will work and I get a PS4 later in the year I'll almost definitely get pCars on console.

Does anyone know if there's been any (more?) talk of cross-platform connectivity for racing?  If they can fix it so PC and console users can race together it would probably make everyone's choices a lot easier :), though I kind of expect probably not given PC games tend to be more open to modding which wouldn't be console compatible but you never know.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #710 on: July 09, 2014, 06:24:58 PM »

I don't think Pcars will have any modding. Is it possible to online between console and PC with any game?

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #711 on: July 09, 2014, 08:35:27 PM »

Wiz.,   I hope it wasn't the comments that I made that made you decide not to post. 

No, not at all Boston.

Short version of why I didn't.... my wife is in the hospital.

I may still post something later on down the road.

ChromeTuna

• Global Moderator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
  • Chrome will get you home.
« Reply #712 on: July 09, 2014, 08:46:52 PM »

Sorry to hear that Wiz. Hope it's not too serious. Best wishes, and prayers to y'all.
"Life is hard, when you're delicious."

Rek

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • "Global Peace Through Deadly Force"
« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2014, 07:32:56 AM »

I want to send out my most positive thoughts and best wishes to your wife and you.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #714 on: July 10, 2014, 08:42:21 AM »

Sorry to hear that Wiz. Hope it's not too serious. Best wishes, and prayers to y'all.

ditto, wizard.  I hope she is or will be okay very soon.

Feldynn

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #715 on: July 10, 2014, 09:19:04 AM »

I'm with all of the aboves, sending good vibes and well wishes to you both Wiz.

"Not visualising the equine bestowment via it's verbilisation aperture!"

"Every silver lining has a touch of grey.."

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #716 on: July 10, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »

get well soon Mrs Wiz
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

waverider*tuna

• Albacore Tuna
« Reply #717 on: July 10, 2014, 05:07:59 PM »

Get Well Soon Mrs. Wiz.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #718 on: July 10, 2014, 06:02:28 PM »

Thanks all. :)

MX5#98

• SOLITARY Confinement
  • Southern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #719 on: July 14, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »

Wow, sorry to hear about Mrs. Wiz. I dropped by to see which direction you fellas were headed. I still play iRacing on the PC from time to time. But I have to admit ... they just can't capture the social aspect of the game like you guys were able to on the PS3. I still miss that.

Now that I'm a full time single dad, my gaming time is very limited. So I'm going to have to pick one or the other, like most of you here. I've been eyeing the PS4 more and more lately. There is a new game coming out called Destiny that looks really cool. I just picked up a new 55 inch flat screen TV that supports 1080P. I think the PS4 graphics are going to look stellar on that thing.

So ... in a nutshell, I think there's a PS4 in my future. And I'll get pCars, Drive Club and eventually GT7 most likely. I'm still holding out though to see what they do with the track editor. That could be a game changer. So I'm in a wait and see situation.

By the way, I will mention ... I am teaching my daughter to drive a stick shift in Gran Turismo. It doesn't really simulate the shifter too well. But I can coach her before she sits in my car for real. It's been a pretty good experience.
PSN ID: MX5_Racer_69
iRacing: Michael Schaefer2
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 68   Go Up