SupaTunaGT

• May 06, 2024, 08:28:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Around here we're just FAST enough to have FUN.

Race FAST!  Race HARD!!  Race CLEAN!!!   Have FUN!!!!

Long line Tunas!!!

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 68   Go Down

Author Topic: Project CARS General Discussion  (Read 74718 times)

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
Re: Project CARS
« Reply #780 on: October 17, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »

:stoopid:
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #781 on: October 18, 2014, 12:17:57 AM »

Press Release
Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S today announced they will be moving the release of Project CARS for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC to March 20th 2015 in Europe and Australasia.

The move positions the title away from the competitive holiday scene dominated by household names while affording the team at Slightly Mad Studios additional time to extend and polish their ground-breaking and accomplished next-gen racing experience that’s been created alongside a community of over 85,000 racing fans and real-life professional drivers.

“Our goal has always been to deliver a landmark title that encompasses the wishes and desires of racing fans from all around the world; something with features and content powered by the community that provide a truly unforgettable and pioneering experience” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “Whilst a tough decision to make, the change in release date allows the game the greatest chance of success and visibility, and the opportunity to polish the game even further to the high standards that both ourselves and our community demand and expect. We’re eager for you all to see what we’ve been working on in just a few months.”

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #782 on: October 18, 2014, 06:28:32 PM »

So, after not running this for probably more than a year, I updated it and tried again.

The last time that I used this old DF wheel, it didn't seem to work properly. Maybe it was my assignments... However, now the gas pedal flickers so the engine sounds as if it is misfiring, so it probably needs a good cleaning. Otherwise, after reassigning the buttons and controls, to make it work properly, it seemed OK.

I heard people were complaining about changes made to pCARS, but nothing stood out as being odd, weird or bad. The menus suck. The graphics are meh, considering the age of my computer. The sound is good. I need to adjust my driver position away from middle of the car.

I am way out of practice, though.

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #783 on: October 18, 2014, 07:56:18 PM »

The graphics are meh, considering the age of my computer.

To be honest, if you're really using a Radeon 5500 like you mentioned in the other thread, I'm actually surprised you can play this game at all.  The minimum system requirements page for pCARS says Radeon HD 5770.  In other words, you're trying to play with less than the recommended minimum.

MasterGT

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #784 on: October 18, 2014, 11:06:03 PM »

I just updated it, so I will keep an eye on its performance.
It seemed to run OK.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #785 on: October 21, 2014, 02:11:31 PM »

Im not to terribly upset by is news.

I don't own a PS4,  my wheel is currently not compatible, and if it gives them time to iron out bugs, then I'm all for the delay.

Do we really want another GT5 or GT6 on our hands?  A game full of bugs, glitches and missing features?  Please, SMS, take your time and get it right.

In other news, MS just signed a deal with Fanatec.  Logitech users are still effing screwed!

I've got my fingers crossed Sony signs a deal with Fanatec. And Logitech for your sake, although as I understand Logitech is exiting the peripheral game. 

BakedTuna

• Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #786 on: October 21, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »

Im not to terribly upset by is news.

I don't own a PS4,  my wheel is currently not compatible, and if it gives them time to iron out bugs, then I'm all for the delay.

Do we really want another GT5 or GT6 on our hands?  A game full of bugs, glitches and missing features?  Please, SMS, take your time and get it right.

In other news, MS just signed a deal with Fanatec.  Logitech users are still effing screwed!

I've got my fingers crossed Sony signs a deal with Fanatec. And Logitech for your sake, although as I understand Logitech is exiting the peripheral game. 

They may have seen the writing on the wall and got out while the timing was right. From what I have read all parties involved knew what was coming and the expenses might not have made any dollar sense for Logitech, at least when dealing with the Sony stuff.

Boston77Bruins

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
  • BLEEDS BLACK AND GOLD

nosoks

• The Bored of Directors
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #788 on: January 30, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »

any new scoops here? For me at this point, just gonna wait till the dust settles before I make any investment
If everyone follows rule #1 we'd need no other rules
Rule #1 = Pay attention

Wiz

• Tech
  • Administrator
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #789 on: January 30, 2015, 07:47:40 PM »

For me at this point, just gonna wait till the dust settles before I make any investment

I think that's wise.

I've kept a pretty close eye on the wheel stuff and at this point I'll be quite surprised if any good news comes along.

Too many red flags. 

Way back when all this shit first started there were some reports of game developers being the ones able to write drivers for the legacy wheels.  This spread around the net and seems to be widely believed.  I don't buy it.

I couldn't find one instance of a game company writing a (console) driver for a peripheral they had no hand in designing/manufacturing.  It just doesn't work that way.

If it were that easy/doable, why hasn't anyone done it yet?  Driveclub hasn't done it, Codemasters hasn't done it, pCARS hasn't done it.  It's not because they aren't capable (they are)..... it's because they can't.

PD can't do it either, but they're the only ones with enough clout to push things in the right direction.  GT is a console seller, no doubt about it.  When GT7 draws near,  Sony may start to realize how much $$$ they'll lose out on by not making this happen, which might be enough to get the ball rolling.  It's our only hope as far as I'm concerned.

Logitech doesn't seem to interested now that they're out of the console market.
Thomas (Fanatec CEO) has come right out and said the ball is in Sony's court.
Driveclub has been out for months.... nothing.
GRID has been out a while.... nothing.
Forza Horizon 2 has been out a while.... nothing.
pCARS forums are quiet about it.

And those dongle/adapter things, I wouldn't get your hopes up for those either.  They've been trying to get FFB to work for years with no luck.

I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it happening. 

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #790 on: January 31, 2015, 11:23:09 AM »

how is the feel of this game shaping up against the other big boys?

I know I read a while back that a few of you were not happy with the physics and/or driving feel of one of the newer builds...

Brindle

« Reply #791 on: February 17, 2015, 07:42:02 AM »

Only a month away now.  I'm interested to see what happens.

DudeTuna

• The Bored of Directors
  • Northern Bluefin Tuna
« Reply #792 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:26 PM »

I'm guessing you'll be playing this on PC?

Brindle

« Reply #793 on: February 17, 2015, 02:12:03 PM »

Yes, but I still will be interested in how the PS4 version is.  Seems to me that is priority at the moment, with PC being finished last.  They keep pumping out updates, but most of all the changes are for PS4, or at least that's what the change log states.

EX_stream_tuna

• 5 Slow Guys Racing
  • Pacific Bluefin Tuna
    • GT6 Photomode Album @ Flikr.com
« Reply #794 on: February 17, 2015, 02:41:34 PM »

I'm torn... I know a lot of people with PS4's and not as many with Gaming PC's...  I'm already somewhat dedicated to Assetto and don't have a PS4, so it stands to reason that I should play pCARS on PC too, but then I'll be missing so many friends!

It sucks that some games go multi-platform, actually!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 68   Go Up